in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2010 9:48 AM by akoro. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (22 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2010 2:18 PM

The TV button, what to do with it.

Now that the south west of england had gone digital my TV button on the Beo 4 and the Beo 5 has no function as all.  What if any do we do with the outdated analogue button.  Its mocking me as its the main button that glares at me with no function at all.  I have the following setup:

DTV button for the freeview card in the BV & 40 inch,

VMEM button for the freesat Humax 

DVD2 button for the PS3

VAUX2 button for the Apple TV

Your advice and help would be greatly appreciated

Carl

Carl Sheerman

• 01-02-2010 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: The TV button, what to do with it.

Hi
    I also do not use the analogue TV, and if I in my tuner setup (7-55) disable the internal analogue TV Tuner, then the TV button will be available for other use. I use my TV button for my external STB box, and it works just fine.

There is something about B&O.....

• 01-02-2010 2:36 PM In reply to

How do you disable the TV button on a BV 7 40 inch, and does the TV button become available when you go to select connections for your AV1 to AV 6 etc.

Carl

Carl Sheerman

• 01-02-2010 2:52 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i thought you needed to have a certain software revision to be able to re assign Tv to av ports.

if im wrong what do we need to disable in the Menu's

also remember that if they tv gets un plugged the only screen that asks for pin is the TV mode.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 01-02-2010 3:24 PM In reply to

hi Carl, i've seen that you have Playstation 3!How do you control PS3?beo4/beo5?or gamepad?

i would like to use PS3 like Bluray/DTV/Mediacenter,in internet

i find out in internet this solution http://www.re-bl.com/default.asp?show=supportdetail&ProductID=1&SupportID=32 and i hope it works well too! someone on beoworld has adopted it???

• 01-02-2010 3:32 PM In reply to

Carl Sheerman:

How do you disable the TV button on a BV 7 40 inch, and does the TV button become available when you go to select connections for your AV1 to AV 6 etc.

Carl

I am not sure about the 7-40, but on 7-55 with newest SW there is a Tunersetup menu, and here you can enable/disable the "TV-Tuner" and "DVB". If TV-TUNER is disabled, then you can assign TV to any AV connections, same goes for DVB, if this is enabled, then DTV is automatic assigned to the DVB-HD tuner, if disabled, then you can assign it to what you want.

There is something about B&O.....

• 01-02-2010 3:34 PM In reply to

Hi andreabang i have the Nyko to control my PS3.  Its a little USB stick that fits in the front USB port on the PS3.  The IR lead simply cover the end of the USB stick.  The PUC list has the PS3 in it.  The only functionality you do not have is to turn it on.  There are other options but this entails more expensive solutions and hassle.  This works fine for me and its not complicated at all.

Carl Sheerman

• 01-02-2010 4:06 PM In reply to

the Sony PS3 is also listed under the STB-C list for Western Europe and Central Europe, for those of us with older Beovisions like Avant etc.

I also can say the Nyko is very good at controlling the PS3, pity they don't sell the USB stick on its own, what did you do with the black Nyko remote Carl ??

• 01-02-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

ouverture:
    what did you do with the black Nyko remote

Put it in his "stone age man remotes" museum?

(don't we all have one of those? )

(( sounds like an idea for a "bad joke" photo thread -- "remotes I have known, but never used" ! ))

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-02-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

ouverture:

the Sony PS3 is also listed under the STB-C list for Western Europe and Central Europe, for those of us with older Beovisions like Avant etc.

I also can say the Nyko is very good at controlling the PS3, pity they don't sell the USB stick on its own, what did you do with the black Nyko remote Carl ??

The black Nyko remote is currently residing in the graveyard of remotes that i am growing.  They grow at least once a year after each purchase LOL

Carl Sheerman

• 01-02-2010 4:15 PM In reply to

WHAT????????you mean, that when i will upgrade my BS3 software this month,i will see PS3 on the STB list and fully integrated with my beo4????Confused

• 01-02-2010 4:15 PM In reply to

know the feeling -  I must have about 30 remotes in the garage over the years that I've collected, I must ebay them soon and buy a Beo5

• 01-02-2010 4:20 PM In reply to

andreabang:

WHAT????????you mean, that when i will upgrade my BS3 software this month,i will see PS3 on the STB list and fully integrated with my beo4????Confused

Yup you will have to ask them if they have the STB list but it should be ok  Big Smile

Carl Sheerman

• 01-02-2010 4:25 PM In reply to

Super Angry [8o|] Re: The TV button, what to do with it.

My garage is in fact built out of old remotes. I have a Beo 5 and i have a spare Beo 4 but i am keeping that baby.  I also have a draw full of batteries for the EU mountain of rubbish.

Carl Sheerman

• 01-02-2010 4:26 PM In reply to

What a good news! Big SmileBig Smile

PS3 slim incoming...

• 01-02-2010 4:26 PM In reply to

PS3 slim incoming...

• 01-02-2010 4:31 PM In reply to

andreabang:

PS3 slim incoming...

I have had this option for more than a year now on the old PS3.  Glad to see your happy.  See you online playing Modern Warfare 2, let battle commence lol

Carl Sheerman

• 01-02-2010 5:46 PM In reply to

beolion:

Carl Sheerman:

Carl

I am not sure about the 7-40, but on 7-55 with newest SW there is a Tunersetup menu, and here you can enable/disable the "TV-Tuner" and "DVB". If TV-TUNER is disabled, then you can assign TV to any AV connections, same goes for DVB, if this is enabled, then DTV is automatic assigned to the DVB-HD tuner, if disabled, then you can assign it to what you want.

It's the same for BV7-40 with SW7.05 Big Smile

I use Tv butten for my Satellite reciver......

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 01-02-2010 6:13 PM In reply to

• k984942
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-10-2008
    • London, UK
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Can I disable the TV tuner on my Avant to allow the TV button to be reassigned?

32" RF VCR Avant, 2 x 28" VCR Avant, DVD1, Beocom 6000, Beo5, A9 Keyring!

• 01-02-2010 6:21 PM In reply to

beolion:

Carl Sheerman:

Carl

Glad to hear this but now i need to get the guy in to upgrade the software then i can use the button again yipee.  

Thanks

Carl Sheerman

• 01-02-2010 6:53 PM In reply to

k984942:

Can I disable the TV tuner on my Avant to allow the TV button to be reassigned?

Afraid not - just the newer sets. One of the reasons I bought a BV10 rather than the BV5.

• 01-03-2010 9:48 AM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

Another way around this problem is Beo4 DTV version. Great for those older TV's. http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/29347.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (22 items)