in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2010 7:51 AM by KingStreet. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2009 10:20 AM

Ugh! The motorized stand on my Avant doesn't work!

I just got this Avant and finally realized that it doesn't rotate.  I  can see it move the tiniest amount and then it stops.  Well, since Im a mechanical kind of guy I was going to go after it.  Any ideas?  Simple fix maybe?  Or am I screwed?

Chris

• 12-31-2009 10:43 AM In reply to

• Raeven
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-03-2007
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Re: Ugh! The motorized stand on my Avant doesn't work!

This happened to me one time with a stand on a Beovision 6-26. On this system you connect the stand with a 4 pin connector. This connecter you can connect wrong, you should look for a indication so both male and female connectors are in line.

Hope this is the same for your avant system

Good luck

Joop

• 12-31-2009 11:18 AM In reply to

I made this mistake - the bit that sticks out and you tie the cables too needs to be pointing out in the middle - make sure that the cables have enough slack in them to let the stand rotate and that there is nothing blocking it - should be fine. I don't think there is a seperate connection for the stand though as it is fully built in. try rotating it manually if no joy incase it's just stuck.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 12-31-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

Sorry, but I am a simple guy...

This happens when you are manually controlling the Avant w/ the Beo4, or just when you turn the set ON/OFF?

Have you set and stored the ON/OFF positions of the stand in the menu?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-31-2009 12:02 PM In reply to

I admit I'm not too familiar with it yet but it does not move with the remote (although i see it barely try).  I went to stand settings and set the on position to 1 and standby to 9.  When i turn it off or on it doesnt do anything.

chris

• 12-31-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

OK...

Then follow [ajames] lead...

Confirm that it is not binding and can be moved manually.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-31-2009 12:11 PM In reply to

sorry-I did rotate it manually already.  Not stuck.  I really appreciate your help guys!

Chris

• 12-31-2009 12:17 PM In reply to

Press list on remote until display reads STAND. Now press << or >>. Does TV rotate?

Regards Graham

• 12-31-2009 12:23 PM In reply to

negative....does not rotate

• 12-31-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

ok...I took it apart and fixed it.  It has multiple ball bearing tracks that were scattered...probably from moving it.  Thanks for all your help guys!  I love it here!

Chris

• 12-31-2009 4:51 PM In reply to

Achilles:

ok...I took it apart and fixed it.  It has multiple ball bearing tracks that were scattered...probably from moving it.  Thanks for all your help guys!  I love it here!

Chris

Wow!  That sounds like quite a project!  Did you do it with the Avant upside down or some other way?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 12-31-2009 5:01 PM In reply to

I tilted it on a chair and the bottom plate is only held on with one torx screw.  To tell the truth I'm back in it now because I think the "clock position"  is wrong. 

Chris

• 01-02-2010 10:56 AM In reply to

Can I get a verification from someone that owns one of these Avants?  When you go to stand and go from all the way to the left to all the way to the right is it one button press all the way or does yours stop and you have to press and hold the button again multiple times?  Mine seems to stop at certain points.  When you press 5 does it go to the middle?  I might have some other problem...

Chris

• 01-02-2010 11:48 AM In reply to

Pressing a number should make the stand turn to a position that corresponds with that number.  Using the arrows on the Beo 4 it will move while the arrow is pressed. As long as the button is held down, it should not stop.

• 01-02-2010 12:17 PM In reply to

You can only preset 3 positions.

Position 0 is the STBY position and position 1 is the default watching position.

Regards Graham

• 01-02-2010 2:15 PM In reply to

On our Avant the standby position and the on position are set in the on screen menu. Turning it on or off causes the Avant to turn to the appropriate position. Pressing 0 on the Beo 4 has no effect. Pressing 1 turns the Avant as far left as it will go, 9 as far right as it will go, 2-8 each has a position between the extremes.

• 01-02-2010 7:42 PM In reply to

• saf
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 458
    • Founder

Since you are a 'mechanical guy', it will be no problem (when you take apart the bottom of the stand) to check if the part which I enclose on the picture is not demaged. It might be the reason why the stand is not functioning as it should. I experienced it once incl. similar symptoms as yours.

The arrows point at two dents in the (plastic) part's ring: they should not be there, instead there should be two square blocks. These broke off (probably while moving the TV) causing the problems. Needless to say it's not an expensive part to change - if this is the problem, of course. Good luck!

• 01-03-2010 2:24 AM In reply to

Thank you for the information!   I assume when putting the plate back on with the torx screw that that gear should be centered when the tv is in the middle position right?  And my dealer should have no problem getting me this part?  There is hope!!!

Chris

• 01-03-2010 7:51 AM In reply to

This is still available - depending on your Avant variant, you need to get part number 2700128 or 2700129
    Regards

David

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)