in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-04-2010 8:42 AM by beojeff. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-01-2010 3:48 PM In reply to

Re: Avant TV with projector

Russ:
    Burantek, it's gone.  So you can relax!

Laughing

No problem... there was that "shipping" thing...

Hope it has gone to a happy home!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-03-2010 6:07 PM In reply to

Well I've been playing around with this Avant and cannot for the life of me get the component input to work.  Maybe I need the software updated to do this?  I've tried with a DirecTV satellite box and a Samsung Blu-ray player to no avail.  I have been able to get the format 0 to output video to my Samsung plasma but it doesn't look that great...probably because it's only s-video. When it does transfer the video to the plasma I pretty much lose all functionality of the beo4 remote also. 

Also:  Should I be able to hear tv sources in the link rooms if I press the play button on the link room IR's?  I have a beosound 9000 in the same room as the avant set to option 0 and the avant set to option 2.  All speakers connected to avant.

Second:  When the avant is on, I can activate radio or cd in the link rooms with a remote (and turn on bs9000)  but if I press play on IR in link room, I get nothing....normal?

Thanks, guys!

Chris

• 01-04-2010 3:35 AM In reply to

Achilles:

Well I've been playing around with this Avant and cannot for the life of me get the component input to work.  Maybe I need the software updated to do this?  I've tried with a DirecTV satellite box and a Samsung Blu-ray player to no avail.  I have been able to get the format 0 to output video to my Samsung plasma but it doesn't look that great...probably because it's only s-video.

Chris

it´s only composite signal you get, so not good at all

• 01-04-2010 8:20 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Hi Chris,

To use the component video input on the Avant/US, whichever device is attached MUST be set to 480p ONLY.  When moving to the projector output you may switch output resolution on the source to whatever the projector can handle (the Avant/US could pass-through 720p and 1080i, I can't imagine that it would block 1080p).  Before using Format 0 to return to the CRT you MUST switch back to 480p.  

Depending on the software installed in the Avant/US, and the input source you've designated, it is possible that the Avant/US is ignoring the component/RGB input entirely.  If you suspect that this is the case, set the input to 'Generic XXX' and see if you get an improvement.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 01-04-2010 8:42 AM In reply to

I don't believe that either the Avant or the BeoSystem 1 can support 720p through the component cables. Only 1080i and 480p are supported. As I mentioned before, I actually find the s-video 480i connection to the Avant to look better than a component 480p signal. This is due to the Avant's video processing that is done on the 480i signal. Also, many older Avants had issues with the component input displaying "banding" and/or a magenta hue on the Avant's display. However, this problem does not affect the projector display.

Note that you CAN connect both the component and the s-video cables at the same time. If the signal is being output as 1080i through the component cables, the Avant will automatically accept the 480i signal coming through the s-video for it's internal display. It will still display the 1080i signal through the projector.

Also, because of the quirkiness of the Avant and the Beosystem 1, it might be necessary to use another tv connected to the device to make the initial setup of the device in order to establish the video signal that is being output. For example, it is impossible to setup a PlayStation 3 without first setting it up on another tv.

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2