in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-10-2010 6:10 PM by andreabang. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-29-2009 11:40 AM

DVB-HD module for BS3

this unknow!!

here in Italy we are all moving to DVB-T , switching off analogic signal.

I would like to use  the DVB of B&O but it's more than 600€,

Because i never seen a demo of this expensive integrated decoder,and information on web are quite inexistent,does it worth?

Does it have particular features?

Is better wait/Will B&O release a new DVB module soon?

Andrea

• 12-29-2009 4:39 PM In reply to

Re: DVB-HD module for BS3

Hi Andrea

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the module. It does not work AT all as it is supposed to...., It is noisy, slow, lacks basic features, 30 sec. startuptime etc. etc.

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 12-30-2009 2:41 AM In reply to

• OKA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 15
    • Bronze Member

I have been using the module for the last 8 months and apart from the 30 seconds startup time I have not experienced any problems.

It is well integrated with the HDR1 and HDR2 but you can not watch another channel while you are recording. You can also record a HD program, but it will only be in SD quality.

• 12-30-2009 3:35 AM In reply to

Ehlerz:

Hi Andrea

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the module. It does not work AT all as it is supposed to...., It is noisy, slow, lacks basic features, 30 sec. startuptime etc. etc.

It is not true.

I myself have used this module in 4 weeks and there is no noise.

From I press the button DTV and there are pictures on my BV7-40mk.III it takes 7 seconds.

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 12-30-2009 5:34 PM In reply to

Hi Tillquist

If it is true that the startuptime on your tv is only 7 sec, that is very very weird. My MKIV has the startuppicture for about 30-40 sec. when turning it on. Furthermore, channelswitching is also very slow, EPG is slow, sometimes it takes about 20 minutes before the channelinformation is present. I know that the module you have had fitted in your Mk III is not exactly the same as the one in my MK IV and I also know that some of the issues are related to the channelproviders, which one do you use, stofa, yousee or another??. I am pretty sure that other MK IV owners can confirm at least some of the issues i wrote in my first answer.

• 12-30-2009 6:23 PM In reply to

Yes, this is really what I write.
    I took time on it this morning when BV7-40 had been off all night.

I use my DVB-HD to take the digital signal with my antenna on the roof of my house. I'm using DVB-T part of the module.

I have no wait time when I change the channel or when I use the EPG.

Why do not you think it is the same module have my in my TV, as you have? -the only difference may be the SW version of the module!

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 01-01-2010 1:43 PM In reply to

Ok, i use my tv with stofa cable, so maybe this has something to do with it. I will visit my dealer who also use DVB-T in his shop and have a look at his startuptime. Regarding the module, my dealer told me that that the fitted modules are not the same as the one in the MK IV, however we may have misunderstood  each other.. Maybe someone on beoworld can clarify this??

• 12-10-2010 6:10 PM In reply to

Dear all,

someone have good news?

Italy switched completely to DVB-T,so  i feel obliged to buy the official B&O DVB-T,because, frankly speaking, playtv(ps3) it's a good product but too lumbering!

Did they(b&o) do something to improve the start up time?Any new cool features??

Lower prices :D:D:D?? 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)