in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2009 9:12 PM by leogenghis. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2009 9:08 AM

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Idea [I] New BeoVision 10 Floor Stand

Wouldn't it be very nice if Bang & Olufsen could make

a floor stand for the Beovision 10 that looks as beautiful as this one?

They have known this for a such long time and I am so surpriced that

they have omitted the non-rotatable option. Look for example at this

wonderful image of the MX8000. This floor position was the favorite in

all design magazines at that time.

StbBrackets - I'm talking to you as well ;-)

/ Munin

Filed under:
  • 12-28-2009 10:43 AM In reply to

• beoben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Re: New BeoVision 10 Floor Stand

A VERY good idea!!!

Do it StbBracktes!!!

I would order one!

I want a BV 10

• 12-28-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

And of course .... I would order one too Big Smile

• 12-28-2009 1:54 PM In reply to

Munin:

And of course .... I would order one too Big Smile

Same here, although I also like the BV10 mounted to a wall.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-28-2009 9:12 PM In reply to

This is a fantastic idea. When official pictures of the
    BV 10 started appearing last month, I emailed Gavin
    Sykes at STB and asked exactly the same question. Here was his response:

Mon, November 23, 2009 11:39:13 PM
    Gavin Sykes <Gavin@sykesvideo.co.uk>
    To: genghis slck <genghis_slck@yahoo.com>

Hi Leo

We will probably not make a lower floor stand, B&O would not like us to play with their latest concept and to be honest I love it on the stand. In fact, I have it on the stand in all three of My B&O stores.

Gavin

Perhaps if enough of us email him clamouring for it to be made, he'll change his mind!

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 12-28-2009 9:13 PM In reply to

Hi Leo

We will probably not make a lower floor stand, B&O would not like us to play with their latest concept and to be honest I love it on the stand. In fact, I have it on the stand in all three of My B&O stores.

Gavin

Perhaps if enough of us email him clamouring for it to be made, he'll change his mind!

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 12-29-2009 4:11 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

leogenghis:

Hi Leo

We will probably not make a lower floor stand, ...

Gavin

This might illustrate the idea. The floor stand doesn't nessecarily have to be lower. There are of

course many possibilities. Personally I think Loewe's floor stand is very beautiful. Makes the screen

float in mid air. B&O has utilized the concept of a round disk protruding underneath a square in

BV5, BV9, BV4-103 and now BV10. I am not so convinced about this design although I think the

BV7:s are extremely beautiful despite the round floor stand. I'm not sure where the difference lies?

Could have something to do with the speaker placed in between the screen and the foot plate. 

I appreciate the fact that round disks may be the best option if you need to rotate the screen - 

- but what if you don't? The BV10:s floor stand is not motorized as far as I know - and in this

case I would prefer a fixed floor stand.

/Munin

• 12-29-2009 4:36 AM In reply to

• beoben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

I would prefer a solution similiar to the picture of the BV 5 at the top of thias thread! The BV 10 just leant to the wall!

I want a BV 10

• 12-29-2009 4:41 AM In reply to

Actually, the BV 10's floor stand is motorized, but your comments are still valid: why not make an easel-type stand for those who don't need motorization?

Leo

• 12-29-2009 4:47 AM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

beoben:

I would prefer a solution similiar to the picture of the BV 5 at the top of thias thread! The BV 10 just leant to the wall!

It is actually not leaning against the wall. It's a tripod. 

Here is a direct comparison between Beovision 5 with tripod Yes -  thumbs up and with disk No - thumbs down.

@ Leo - Good to hear that the BV10 stand is motorized. Just wonder if it would be possible to make rotation without disk. That would be some strange creature Hmm Standing still with it's feet and moving the screen by it's .... "hands"??!?!?

• 12-29-2009 4:52 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Munin:

This might illustrate the idea. The floor stand doesn't nessecarily have to be lower. There are of

course many possibilities. Personally I think Loewe's floor stand is very beautiful. Makes the screen

float in mid air. B&O has utilized the concept of a round disk protruding underneath a square in

BV5, BV9, BV4-103 and now BV10. I am not so convinced about this design although I think the

BV7:s are extremely beautiful despite the round floor stand. I'm not sure where the difference lies?

Could have something to do with the speaker placed in between the screen and the foot plate. 

I appreciate the fact that round disks may be the best option if you need to rotate the screen - 

- but what if you don't? The BV10:s floor stand is not motorized as far as I know - and in this

case I would prefer a fixed floor stand.

/Munin

The BV10 on floorstand is motorized.

I actually like the BV10 on a floorstand after seeing it in the flesh, and when I one day have the freedom to buy one, I will probably get it on the floorstand. I wasn't sure in the beginning as I love the BV5/9, and I don't like the other BV's when on floorstands. The reason that the BV10 works for me, I think, is because it's so long, so the gap between the bottom of the TV and the base is not very big, compared to any other BV.

On the other hand, I would love to see it standing on its own, like the BV5, but I don't think this is easily done, as I don't think the chassis is build to carry all the weight, and the connections is at the bottom of the TV set. If one builds a stand for it, I think it would have to be attached to the holes where the 2 different brackets are attached, and would then have to have some kind of legs runnings along the rear of the TV and then end in two little feet under the TV as well as having a leg to support it backwards.

EDIT: This is what I mean when I talk about the 2 little feat on the BV5:

BV5 Floorstand

EDIT 2: I obviously type way to slow Big Smile

• 12-29-2009 12:51 PM In reply to

• beoben
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

Munin:

beoben:

It is actually not leaning against the wall. It's a tripod. 

So we need a tripod-thing for the BV 10

I want a BV 10

• 12-29-2009 3:20 PM In reply to

• Munin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

My dealer told me today that it actually looks quite nice on the floor stand. He had seen it in real life. Sometimes it is hard to tell from images what B&O products actually look like in real life, and seeing them in the shop doesn't say very much about what they will look like at home. It is always like this. And some design also grows on you. I remember how sceptic I was with the BL5. Today those are the most beautiful speakers I know of. All right, KEF Muon looks OK as well as the B&W Nautilus Stick out tongue ... but price tags for those are, well ...., different Indifferent

But still - I would like to see this tripod Wink

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)