in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2009 8:35 PM by ouverture. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2009 7:44 AM

Masterlink Question

Hi,

I have been trying with little success to get all my B&O products linked correctly, I'm sure there used to be some software which helped with setup but I cant seem to find it.  I hope someone will be able to answer this for me before I drive myself up the wall :)

Room 1 (Living Room)

Oveture set as Master

Beogram connected to Aux

2x Beolab 8000

Room 2 (Kitchen)

BeoVision 6 (with DAB Radio)

2x BeoLab 4

Room 3 (TV Room)

BeoVision 6 (with Dolby 5.1 card)

Mac Mini Connected to PC (soon to be connected to digital IN)

2x BeoLab 1

2x Beolab 4000

All products are connected with a physical masterlink cable.

I would like to be able to stream the audio of the connected Mac Mini to all the rooms at the moment and the Record player from the Oveture.  The Beogram works in all rooms but not the output from the Mac Mini.

Unfortunately I can't connect the Record Player and the Mac Mini to the same source, is it possible to leave the overture set as master and access the audio of the Mac connected to the BeoVision upstairs?

Thanks in advance,

Nic

• 12-28-2009 8:45 AM In reply to

Re: Masterlink Question

the latest version of the PCG ( Product Configuration Guide ) 30th Jan 2009 is here

• 12-28-2009 9:00 AM In reply to

Thanks,

I will take a look, one thing I am concerned about it says in the guide that PC can only be used for local source and not sent over masterlink?

• 12-28-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

thatlondon:

the guide says that PC can only be used for local source and not sent over masterlink?

that is true, you really need to connect your Mac Mini via USB to a BeoPort box

you would also need the IR Eye to control the volume from your Beo4 remote

or get a BeoSystem 3    :-)

Filed under:
  • 12-28-2009 12:24 PM In reply to

have you seen LinkPlayer ? it installs nicely on your Mac, but you also need the Beoport

• 12-28-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

Thanks,

What a pain in the backside, thanks for all your replies, it looks like my precious vinyl collection is still going to get some wear when I am downstairs then.

I was not too worried about being able to control the Mac as I could use iTunes Remote, but being able to stream music would have been nice, I will have to live without for the time being.

Thanks Again.

• 12-28-2009 3:35 PM In reply to

There is also Phillipe's new software (LinkPlayer) to replace BM-Link on the BeoPort

I suggest you take a look at his site as LinkPlayer is a superior product even though it is a beta test version

http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/Linkplayer.html

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-28-2009 4:06 PM In reply to

Cheers,

I will see if I can pick up a BeoPort second hand somewhere.  For the moment I have been reading that there is the possibility of connecting the audio of the mac to the scart socket and then using that as a link source.  I can't seem to find the right kind of adapter at the moment but I might give this a try.  Ideally the Beoport looks the best solution as I would like to use the TosLink in the Mac mini to get dolby 5.1 and a dirty hack would have me pulling cables in and out all the time.

It's a shame as there does not seem any easy way to connect an external audio source such as an iPod and then distribute the sound over masterlink.  I guess B & O like to sell their own products.

• 12-28-2009 8:35 PM In reply to

>It's a shame as there does not seem any easy way to connect an external audio source such as an iPod

well there is the iBundO Pro at 189 euros

and super integration with a Beo4 remote

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)