in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-26-2009 11:26 AM by Hagen2000. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2009 1:55 PM

Masterlink Connection problems

Hi,

i do have some troubles with my masterlink system.

Recently my house was directly hit by a lightning. At that time a Beosound 9000 was connected via one single masterlink Cable to an Avant.

The Beosound 9000 had a major breakdown, most of the electronics needed to be replaced. The Avant seems to be fine.

After the return of the Beosound 9000 i want to enhance the masterlink.

I connect Beosound 9000 to BeoLab 2000 using Cable A, it works.

I can do the same using a different Cable B, also fine.

When i do the cabling like Beosound 9000 via Cable A to Masterlink Distributor via Cable B to Beolab 2000, it won't work.

If i connect Beosound 9000 via Cable A or Cable B directly or with the Distributor with the Avant, it doesn't work. It also does not work, if i connect the Beolab 2000 with the Avant.

The Masterlink Distributor is brandnew from the dealer, also is cable A. Cable B was used in the installation already before the lightning.

How can i test, which parts work and which not? Could it be that the masterlink Connector within the Avant is damaged? How could i test this? And why does a conenction via a Masterlink Distributor not work?

Any hints?

Merry Christmas,

Kiwi4all

• 12-26-2009 11:26 AM In reply to

Re: Masterlink Connection problems

Hi kiwi4all,

first I would assume that the ML interface in the Avant is blown. You should take it to your dealer and let it check / repair.

Second I have no idea why the ML distributor is not working. Can you measure if the ML distributor is really making a 1-to-1 connection of all leads? What is the total length of the cables you are using? May be the ML interface drivers of the Beosound 9000 have not been replaced but have been damaged "a little" (no more able to drive long cables / high capacities).

Hagen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)