in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:09 AM by elephant. 270 replies.
Page 5 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2010 4:30 PM In reply to

Re: LinkPlayer Feedback Thread

A new version of LinkRemote is almost ready! And it will add support for... yes, the iPad!.

It will be the same App that will work both on the iPhone as before, and will also run on the iPad but with an enhanced interface.

On the iPad, it always run in fullscreen mode, horizontal...

Use gestures to play, pause, change song or playlist. Use colour dots to change modes.

• 05-23-2010 4:33 PM In reply to

Or vertical...

• 05-23-2010 4:34 PM In reply to

Tap on the Source indicator to bring the source selection menu.

• 05-23-2010 4:37 PM In reply to

Tap the track indicator to bring the Arrow pad (but you can do gestures on the main screen to emulate arrow keys without bringing the panel)

• 05-23-2010 4:38 PM In reply to

Tap on the track indicator again to switch to the number pad.

• 05-23-2010 4:39 PM In reply to

Tap on the volume indicator to bring the volume slider.

• 05-23-2010 4:40 PM In reply to

Tap on Menu to browse your media library

• 05-23-2010 4:41 PM In reply to

Tap on List to get extra keys

• 05-23-2010 4:48 PM In reply to

Still a bit more testing to do and I'll submit it to the app store ;-)

• 05-23-2010 8:28 PM In reply to

Looks great!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 05-24-2010 8:24 AM In reply to

LinkPlayer is getting more and more interesting :-)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 06-09-2010 4:06 PM In reply to

Just a quick note to tell you where we are with LinkRemote 1.1 (for iPad and iPhone)

I submitted LinkRemote 1.1 to Apple a couple of weeks ago, but it was 3 days ago as I had chosen a wrong compilation setting.

I have resubmitted the App this evening and hopefully it will be approved soon. Usually it takes 7 days.

Did not have an iPad as I was developing on a simulator. But got mine today, and that thing is superb, and LinkRemote is awesome on it ;-)

• 06-09-2010 5:09 PM In reply to

PhilLondon:
     LinkRemote 1.1 (for iPad and iPhone)

There!

Now I am fresh out of excuses to get an iPad...  Smile

• 06-15-2010 6:10 PM In reply to

That's it! LinkRemote 1.1 for iPhone and iPad is available on the App Store.

• 06-15-2010 10:54 PM In reply to

I just installed LinkRemote on my iPad and as usual it is wonderful. Have said this before, but I can not imagine how much work it took and many thanks for all that work.

• 06-16-2010 3:58 AM In reply to

Razlaw:
    I just installed LinkRemote on my iPad and as usual it is wonderful.

How about a photograph of it in action!

Razlaw:
    Have said this before, but I can not imagine how much work it took and many thanks for all that work.

I absolutely agree on both counts: the effort and innovation, and the sincere thanks!

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-22-2010 7:14 AM In reply to

• Pete
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-06-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

I am reading through this string, and I'm thinking Wow this looks really cool.

Before I dust off my old Beoport (which I gave up on years ago), I wonder if I could ask a few questions, I would be mainly interested in using linkplayer as a way of controlling my Mac, playing programs like Plex controlling from my I phone screen to my BV4/Beosystem 3, getting it to network would be a bonus.

When I looked at the installation instructions the connection from the audio out uses the jack socket, which I currently use for my TOSlink connection, into my Beosystem 3 to get the Dolby 5.1

I guess its not surprising it uses an analgue out given the ML is analogue, but is there any way I can hook this up purely to get an Iphone to Mac to B&O connection as a single room solution

I realise I could achieve similar things with the MLGW but frankly I really could not justify the £1800 and would prefer to buy a new Mini Mac with HDML.

Any help would be appreciated, this work is so close to the ideal solution,  I can taste it. 

Fantasizing somewhat using the 802.11n link on the mac to distribute information to other B&O systems/TVs could finally be an upgrade for the antiquated Masterlink system which was great in its day but is now way past its sell by date

Regards

Pete

• 06-22-2010 8:56 AM In reply to

Pete,

You need to split the audio signal to go for one part to the TV, for the other part to the Beoport.

The sound that goes to the TV is used when you call the full screen interface, when you call it using the PC key.

The sound that goes to the Beoport is used to distribute N.MUSIC and N.RADIO.

If you do not need N.MUSIC, N.RADIO distribution, you can keep you connection as is.

As you do have a Beoport, you can use LinkPlayer in evaluation mode to test it.

If you want to distribute N.MUSIC, N.RADIO, you can use a DAC (http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/set_territory.php?TID=1&Redirect=/summary.php?PID=320) that takes the digital output from a Mac mini and outputs analog AND digital. You connect the analog to the Beoport, and the digital to the TV.

Note that to control Plex, the Beo4 or Beo5 will be fine. LinkPlayer has some other sources that benefit from being controller by an iPhone/iPod touch/iPad

P.

• 06-22-2010 5:53 PM In reply to

Pete:
    Fantasizing somewhat using the 802.11n link on the mac to distribute information to other B&O systems/TVs could finally be an upgrade for the antiquated Masterlink system which was great in its day but is now way past its sell by date

I have similar fantasies

We could get there today with several distributed Apple TVs

But I am hoping the rumoured remake of the ATV will give us even better options

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-25-2010 7:31 AM In reply to

I have been using Linkplayer on my iPad and have noticed something I very much appreciate. With the old BM Link if the iMac was sleeping I could not wake it up without going to the room the iMac is in. Linkplayer wakes up the iMac. This is a very much appreciated feature.

• 06-25-2010 12:16 PM In reply to

There is a new version of LinkRemote on the App Store.

It will work fine on iPhone iOS 3.0, 3.1 or iOS 4.0, and on the iPad.

It's got some features that will only be visible on the next version of LinkPlayer that I am working on and that should be released in about a week.

• 06-25-2010 1:17 PM In reply to

This has probably been commented on before so I apologize if I am repeating. I noticed today that Linkplayer when installed on both an iPad and iTouch will mirror each other. Making a selection on either instantly causes that same action to appear on the other. Seems like an iPad could be placed at every audio location as a fixed controller with an iTouch being the portable controller.

• 07-01-2010 1:50 PM In reply to

• Pete
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-06-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Phil

This is excellent advise, thank you so much. I am travelling at the moment but will be back this weekend to try the direct connection and if that works I may invest in a DAC as this will allow me to receive music around the house and with your iphone apps I overcome my big down on N.music which is the music selection where no screen is available on the device

Thanks again its much appreciated

Regards

Pete

• 07-06-2010 11:13 AM In reply to

Am I the only one who noted that Linkmusic in Linkplayer doesn't play gapless? Or is there a special trick to make it play so? I checked the "part of a gapless album" in the Itunes settings, nothing's changed unfortunately..The BM Link software plays gapless, I'd love the next SW update from Philippe to fix that issue, at the moment I'm still using BM Link because I hate hearing gaps in NMUSIC...Surprise

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 07-06-2010 11:26 AM In reply to

Hi,

LinkMusic, is not hapless yet. Even if I have some plans to reduce the gap duration, I have read that it is very difficult to make a full gapless player. 

Bmlink is gapless because it uses iTunes to play the songs and iTunes is gapless.  Instead of using LinkMusic, you can set N.Music to "iTunes" and it will be gapless. 

Philippe

Page 5 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »