in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:09 AM by elephant. 270 replies.
Page 4 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-18-2010 6:26 AM In reply to

Re: LinkPlayer Feedback Thread

Seems there are a couple of possible solutions here - thanks again for your comments and clarifications! I will consider the options, and maybe try out the "old audiomaster solution" first!

Morten 

BV 10, Avant 28 DVD, VX 7000, BC 3000, BL8000, BL6000, MX 4002, Beoport, BL4, LC2, BeoCom6000, BeoCom1401

• 04-18-2010 12:06 PM In reply to

Can LinkPlayer be used while a BeoMaster 5/BeoSound 5 is in the MasterLink network? Ever since I got my BeoSound 5, I have had my BeoPort disconnected from the computer and the MasterLink network, thinking that having a BeoPort and a BeoMaster 5/BeoSound 5 both in the MasterLink network would create a conflict. It would be great to have the option of both the LinkPlayer as well as the BeoSound 5 in the MasterLink. Perhaps if the BeoSound 5 had the N.Music and N.Radio functions reassigned as, for instance, CD and Radio (which is now possible on the BeoSound 5)? Then the N.Music and N.Radio functions would be freed up for the LinkPlayer?

• 04-18-2010 12:51 PM In reply to

beojeff:
    Perhaps if the BeoSound 5 had the N.Music and N.Radio functions reassigned as, for instance, CD and Radio

Perhaps, it is worth trying. But I do not have a Beomaster 5, so cannot test that. It probably does not depend on LinkPlayer, but more on the Beomaster 5.

• 04-19-2010 7:40 AM In reply to

Hello Phil

Any plan to get it to work with Tiger ?

btw, I join to everybody here to praise this great work

Regards

• 04-19-2010 8:00 AM In reply to

No plan to support Tiger. Leopard and Snow Leopard are supported on Intel and Motorola platforms.

• 04-19-2010 6:17 PM In reply to

Will you be considering an iPad app along with the iPhone app you've created?

• 04-20-2010 1:48 AM In reply to

beojeff:
    Will you be considering an iPad app along with the iPhone app you've created?

Yes.

The iPhone app will work on the iPad in compatibility mode, and as soon as the iPhone app is considered stable, I'll make an iPad app.

With the extra screen space, I am sure there is something great to do.

• 04-20-2010 7:34 AM In reply to

I agree! I keep my iPad in the living room. The larger screen makes it ideal as a two-way remote for selecting music. 

I hope that someday there will be an iPad app that similarly interfaces with the BeoSound 5. With your skills, maybe you'll beat B&O to that!

• 04-20-2010 1:12 PM In reply to

beojeff:
    The larger screen makes it ideal as a two-way remote for selecting music.

beojeff:
    With your skills

What I would want to see ... is when iTunes stumbles across a Music Video, or an iTunes LP, that LinkPlayer broadcasts the video to the iPad over the wireless and the audio over the BeoPort/BeoLink network.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 04-26-2010 3:03 PM In reply to

• RobN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

I can't wait to take delivery of my iPad (played with a US version and it was excellent) and to have LinkPlayer would be the icing on the cake. Big Smile

I've been running 0.95 for two weeks now and it's been 100% stable and every feature working perfectly - Phil congratulations again!

Best

Rob

BV7-32, BL8000, BL2, BL6000, Humax, AppleTV3, MX4200, V8000, Humax, BS3200, BL6000, BL4000, BeoPort, MacMini+DACmagic 

• 05-08-2010 5:30 AM In reply to

Apple has indicated that they are now reviewing LinkRemote for inclusion on the App Store.

They can be fussy and sometime reject apps. I am crossing fingers that it is approved very soon.

• 05-08-2010 1:27 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Sounds great - and congratulations to Linkplayer 1.0 !

Stefan

• 05-11-2010 3:32 AM In reply to

LinkRemote is available to download on the App Store now

• 05-11-2010 5:26 AM In reply to

I'm currently using Linkplayer 0.9.5 and still trying to get the best of it before going to the final version.

Does anyone know what is displayed on BeoLab 4500/5000/Penta's integrated displays when connecting those speakers to a BeoPort box & using the Link player software? Any kind of interesting info, or just the plain "RADIO 1" or "PHONOSurprise 3"?

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 05-11-2010 5:31 AM In reply to

stensby:
    LinkRemote is available to download on the App Store now

Yes!!! finally!! Will post more precisions tonight.

• 05-11-2010 5:33 AM In reply to

Chrisreunion:
    Any kind of interesting info, or just the plain "RADIO 1" or "PHONO 3"?

I do not think it displays any kind of info at all. When I have the time I'll check if the PC version (beoplayer) does send something, but I doubt.

• 05-11-2010 5:33 AM In reply to

Chrisreunion:
    Any kind of interesting info, or just the plain "RADIO 1" or "PHONO 3"?

I do not think it displays any kind of info at all. When I have the time I'll check if the PC version (beoplayer) does send something, but I doubt.

• 05-11-2010 10:30 AM In reply to

Dear PhilLondon,

This remote app for the iphone is fantastic! I've toyed around with it for about half an hour now. Super work!!! Yes -  thumbs up

Can I bring a suggestion to the next update? Or would you like ideas in a mail instead?

Suggestion:
    Is it possible to make the alphabet shown in the right side of the screen when you're choosing artist or album? I have about 130GB music on my computer and it will take me forever to find what I want without shortcuts. (like in the app "remote") Is it possible? Wink just an idea...

I was the second place winner on the BeoWorld May 2009 Prize Draw!

Thanks to BeoWorld for a great site!

• 05-11-2010 10:44 AM In reply to

Isn't display functionality dependent on the receiving device?

For instance, my BeoSound 3000 displays song name, etc., whereas my BeoLab3500 only displays N.MUSIC; i.e., BeoPort and LinkPlayer make the information available to the network, but if the receiving hardware does not have the ability to display random text, well, then it just does not.

• 05-11-2010 10:48 AM In reply to

Thanks Whistle

Your suggestion makes perfect sense. I'll try and add it for the next release.

p.

• 05-11-2010 10:56 AM In reply to

XavierItzmann:
    Isn't display functionality dependent on the receiving device?

Speakers can only display the source name, playlist and track numbers, as well as volume indication. They cannot, I think display random text (song title).

LinkPlayer sends Playlist and Track numbers to the Masterlink, so your TV, Audio system, or a beolink Active can forward it to the powerlink cable for display.

However, I do not think the beoport's powerlink socket are carrying that info.

• 05-11-2010 4:58 PM In reply to

As Stensby noted, I had the good surprise this morning that the little elves at Apple have approved LinkRemote for sale on the App Store.

You can find more informations, usage and the download link on the website.
  • 05-13-2010 10:25 AM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:

I'm currently using Linkplayer 0.9.5 and still trying to get the best of it before going to the final version.

Does anyone know what is displayed on BeoLab 4500/5000/Penta's integrated displays when connecting those speakers to a BeoPort box & using the Link player software? Any kind of interesting info, or just the plain "RADIO 1" or "PHONOSurprise 3"?

My Beolab 5000 do not display anything and are connected directly to my Beoport with thick power link cables. I am using Link player 1.0.

• 05-22-2010 12:39 AM In reply to

Hi,

I have my BS4 in the same place as the beoport and the Mini.  I have it in option 4 and N.Radio works but not N.Music.  Why is this?

Thanks

• 05-22-2010 2:36 AM In reply to

Hi Dilznik, for support, please follow the instructions on this page: Feedback in the Send a Bug Report section.

Thanks,

p.

Page 4 of 11 (271 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »