in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2011 6:09 AM by elephant. 270 replies.
Page 3 of 11 (271 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2010 6:55 PM In reply to

Re: LinkPlayer Feedback Thread

PhilLondon:

You posted this while I was posting above... Most excellent!  WOW!   Is it possible to kill the battery/carrier/time bar? 

I loved the squeaky-clean appearance below (no iPhone interface buttons visible)  and the font, and of course if it were possible to do the genius seeding, the star rating, and the search, I think this there is nothing else anyone would wish!

Bestest,

• 02-24-2010 7:01 PM In reply to

XavierItzmann:
    4.  The real issue I face is the lack of sufficient visual feedback in linked rooms...

Well now you have a solution, the app in Landscape mode does just that.

XavierItzmann:
    (b) the possibility of doing a search by author, composer, song, etc.

The App display any menu that the source would display in Full Screen mode. I am planning to add menus to the iTunes source. But at first it will be limited to Playlist navigation.

I have not yet found out how to do it by author, song... same problem with genius seed list.

• 02-24-2010 11:22 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

6:20 am sitting in front of my home office speachless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philippe really CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No words can describe this amazing job.

Big bravo Yes -  thumbs up

Best regards

Spiros

• 02-25-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

Excellent!!

This is what  a beoworlder would like to have!!!

Thank you very much.

Luis

• 02-25-2010 12:27 PM In reply to

wow....that really brings it up to a higher level of integration..   
    Linkplayer has evolved into something way beyond 'just making itunes work'....love it. 

Thank you so much Philippe and I can't wait for the final release :)

• 02-27-2010 3:51 PM In reply to

Looks amazing

I am still having trouble making my linkplayer work and I have talked with Phil on this. I don´t wanna disturb him in the developing of this great app right now.  

Any one else who handles programming who can troubleshoot my crashreports? I assume it must be something wrong / some app at my mac that break things since no one else here report any crashes. Would really appreciate some assistance.

• 03-06-2010 5:33 AM In reply to

I have been away from the boards for tooooo long !

I just knew that Phil would pull a rabbit, or even a covey of rabbits, out of the hat while I was gone.

I can't wait to see what Phillipe does when he gets cracking on the iPd interface :)

@ scanorama ... I am sorry you are still having problems, I wish I could give you better advice :(

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 03-08-2010 1:50 PM In reply to

I still can't make up my mind as to whether I should keep the BeoPort PC version (that I've been using for years) or shift to BM Link or Linkplayer, because both Mac softwares are very limited when it comes to Beo4 compatibility:

- Linkplayer can't step through albums, and I only play NMUSIC in album mode with the left & right Beo4 arrows stepping through albums

- both have that funny track number logic, so pressing "1523" brings you to song nr 1523 in Itunes..am I supposed to remember the number for each of my 5,492 tracks? Why not making the digits play each track from each album/folder, like in CD mode?

- Linkplayer uses none of the coloured keys in NMUSIC to access 4 playlists , for instance (like in BeoPort PC)

- the display & voiceover features (+ the need for no audio master) are the most tempting reasons I would love to shift to the Linkplayer software alternatives, but I'm confident Philippe is working on other improvements, since we're still having the Beta version for the moment.

- in NRADIO, same issues with Linkplayer: because there is only 1 NRADIO playlist in Itunes, you can't step through genre/country/language with the left & right arrows, the coloured keys have no function, and numbered keys are useless if you have to remember each of the 3,000 stations available ..

- the software might be a joy to use with Ipod/Iphone products, but since I don't intend to use them instead of Beo4, I'm still waiting for a better /upgraded solution from BMLink / Linkplayer

- both softwares have to deal with the limitations/operating principles of Itunes, which I frankly don't like (& I don't like WMP either!).

- to me , the ideal solution would be to operate like B&O's PC software when it comes to Beo4 integration, with the addition of voiceover for link rooms, and a scrolling display on 8 and 12 character products; the rest would be the icing on the cake..Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 03-08-2010 4:24 PM In reply to

Chrisreunion:

- both softwares have to deal with the limitations/operating principles of Itunes.

That's exactly why I could not programme the Album navigation.

LinkPlayer is more optimised to use in PlayList mode (Blue), in that mode you can use the left and right key to navigate between playlists, and up and down keys to navigate between songs.

I have a plan to give the possibility to play songs through LinkPlayer directly rather than though itunes. That would allow me to offer Album navigation option again.

In the meantime you can have a look at this AppleScript which create a PlayList for each of your albums:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=albumplaylists

• 03-09-2010 7:02 AM In reply to

Chrisreunion:

- both softwares have to deal with the limitations/operating principles of Itunes.

PhilLondon:
    create a PlayList for each of your albums

It is not ideal, but this is my approach:

I have about 15 playlists for my library of 8,000+ tracks.

And so I use genius or itunes DJ playlists to give me a MOTS-like approach to background music.

But when I want to listen to a specific artist or album I pause LinkPlayer/iTunes, then I use iTunes' search facility to restrict my library and then I double click on the first song to restart LinkPlayer/iTunes ...

I am not sure that I would like to create hundreds of playlists for all the albums in my Library; but on the other hand maybe a few select playlists would make sense e.g. "Hell Freezes Over" :-)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 03-09-2010 8:48 AM In reply to

Just to reply quickly to Philippe, the album navigation is possible with BMLink, you simply select  " albums / all " in Itunes, and voilà!

How this works , I don't know, but it works, with the left & right arrows I skip through albums, and BMLink has no GUI, it uses the Itunes interface, so there must be a solution..Hmm

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 03-16-2010 9:22 AM In reply to

With the latest linkplayer (0.9 - very nice btw)  I still have the issue that my beosound 9000 display is limited to just track numbers yet with bm-link the display works fine (set for 12 character displays). Various display settings in linkplayer dont seem make any difference - I still just get 'N.Music' with what I guess is a track number displayed. Is anyone else seeing this issue and maybe has figured a workaround ?

• 04-12-2010 1:25 AM In reply to

Anything new with the iPhone app?  Or maybe an iPad app? Smile

• 04-12-2010 5:27 AM In reply to

Although the App is working fine, LinkPlayer on the Mac tends to crash when used with the App. I have not had the time to fix this bug which is quite hard to replicate.

Also, I have sent the app to 4 people, but there seems to be a problem of code signature and they were not able to install.

I have worked on Linkplayer and will release a new version this week.

• 04-14-2010 3:02 AM In reply to

Version 0.9.5 has been released today: http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/Change_Log/Entries/2010/4/12_Beta_0.9.5.html

The new features include:

• Vintage Audiomaster compatibily (Get N.MUSIC on AudioMaster that are not compatible with N.NUSIC!)
    • Improvements in Full Screen display:
      • Improved Menu
      • Improved Song Info display
      • Configurable Menu source
      • Option to display the Clock instead of the volume indicator
    • New internal Sources: LinkRadio, Video (Listen to Internet Radios, play video files without starting iTunes, frontrow or Plex)
    • Auto update 
  • 04-14-2010 3:31 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:

Although the App is working fine, LinkPlayer on the Mac tends to crash when used with the App. I have not had the time to fix this bug which is quite hard to replicate.

Also, I have sent the app to 4 people, but there seems to be a problem of code signature and they were not able to install.

It might need a jailbroken iphone to be able to be loaded onto someone's other than the developer's iphone.  My stuff is all on a boat somewhere but once it gets here if you want I can give it a whirl on my jailbroken iphone if you'd like.

• 04-14-2010 5:15 AM In reply to

dilznik:

PhilLondon:

It might need a jailbroken iphone to be able to be loaded onto someone's other than the developer's iphone.  My stuff is all on a boat somewhere but once it gets here if you want I can give it a whirl on my jailbroken iphone if you'd like.

No problem following the instructions to get it on to my wife's phone ... which is a pure iPhone (unhacked)

• 04-14-2010 5:16 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:

Version 0.9.5 has been released today: http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/Change_Log/Entries/2010/4/12_Beta_0.9.5.html

The new features include:

• Vintage Audiomaster compatibily (Get N.MUSIC on AudioMaster that are not compatible with N.NUSIC!)
    • Improvements in Full Screen display:
      • Improved Menu
      • Improved Song Info display
      • Configurable Menu source
      • Option to display the Clock instead of the volume indicator
    • New internal Sources: LinkRadio, Video (Listen to Internet Radios, play video files without starting iTunes, frontrow or Plex)
    • Auto update

FANTASTIC 

Thanks Phil

PS that was my 666th post ... I hope that's not ominous Devil

• 04-17-2010 6:18 AM In reply to

Vintage Audiomaster compatability:

I have used Beoport for many years, enjoying video and audio from my living room in the study. But I have been hesitant to replace my BC2300 to get N.MUSIC and N.RADIO trough the house. Now I see a solution, since I'm about to change from PC to MAC!

On the Configuration page where the setup for Vintage Compatability is explained, it says "You cannot get the audiomaster or videomaster sound on speakers connected to the Beoport." What does that mean?

My setup will be:

Living room: Avant RF (with speakers connected) and BC2300 via ML/MCL converter

Study: iMAC with Beoport, BL4s connected to Beoport, EyeTV

Bedroom: MX4002

Will this setup enable full use of main room sources (videomaster and audiomaster) in the study and the distribution of N.MUSIC and N.RADIO (iTunes)  through the house?

Morten

BV 10, Avant 28 DVD, VX 7000, BC 3000, BL8000, BL6000, MX 4002, Beoport, BL4, LC2, BeoCom6000, BeoCom1401

• 04-17-2010 8:37 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

From my point of view it should not be a problem with Linkplayer.

Philippe has done a marvelous job with this software.

And my self moved from pc to mac a few months ago and with Linkplayer, I'm not going back!!!!! Actually, Beoport was the only thing keeping me from changing to Mac but with Linkplayer problems solved.

Best regards

Spiros

• 04-17-2010 9:13 AM In reply to

In morten's case things are a bit more complex as he has an older audiomaster. I have added a new option to support them but there are some limitations. Will detail when I am back home tonight.
  • 04-17-2010 4:23 PM In reply to

LinkPlayer 0.9.5 now has an option to get N.MUSIC and N.RADIO distribution with older Audiomasters. But there are some limitations, one of them is that you will only be able to listen to N.RADIO and N.MUSIC and other mac sources while in the study (No Audio or Videomaster sources). Note that it is still a very new feature that has not been tested much, but in my setup, very similar to yours, it works like a charm.

In other rooms you'll be able to listen to all sources, including N.MUSIC and N.RADIO.

If you do want to listen to your audiomaster while in the study, you should add a Beolink Active with an IR receiver in that room and connect the speakers to it.

• 04-17-2010 6:01 PM In reply to

Thanks Spiros and Phil for your comments and replies! 

So no video in the study, either?

If I understand correctly, then, to get the full two-way features with audiomaster- and videomaster-sources on the MAC and N.MUSIC/N.RADIO throughout the house, I have to get a new audiomaster in the living room?

Since I watch the news (from the cable decoder controlled with the STB-controller) and occasionally listen to the FM radio in the study, this is the solution for me. But if you don't need the video/TV on the MAC this new feature of the LinkPlayer seems very useful - I guess there are many of us who will appreciate the possibility to get N.MUSIC and N.RADIO on the LINK-system without the cost of a new audiomaster!

Morten 

BV 10, Avant 28 DVD, VX 7000, BC 3000, BL8000, BL6000, MX 4002, Beoport, BL4, LC2, BeoCom6000, BeoCom1401

• 04-18-2010 1:31 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hello Morten,

I think we are dealing with two different issues. Concerning the N.Music and N.Radio it is as described by Philippe. However, in order to have the video sources in the link room, you need the RF modulator which is a box connected to the main antenna and this distributes your RF signal from the Video Master (Avant) to the links e.g. Eye TV. 

From my point of view although this could work with your current setup, most probably a newer Audio master would make more straight forward.

I know the feeling as most of us here at Beoworld started up with different products regardless of connectivity etc but when time passes we start upgrading (and cash goes away Surprise

Best regards

Spiros

• 04-18-2010 3:10 AM In reply to

When in in "Vintage AudioMaster Compatibility" mode, you cannot access the Main room video. However you could temporarily switch back the settings in LinkPlayer > Preferences > General to get access to main room sources, and then switch back when you have finished. (You'd need to restart LinkPlayer as well).

p.

Page 3 of 11 (271 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »