in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2009 3:56 PM by Douglas . 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2009 5:13 AM

B and O Avant 32 in VHS and APPLE TV

Hi, was wondering if one of you experts could help me. I see there have been a lot of developments in regards of making an Appletv work with older TV´s without composite connectors. Ive written this request after reading up in advance on this site and other about connecting an Appletv to TV without these connectors and quite frankly Im even more confused now than I was before. 

Some say that you can use a cable with composite on one end and scart on the other, others say you cant, some say you can use a composite cable to S-VHS connector.

And others say none of these will work as you have to have a convertor connected to a set of composite cables then connect a scart cable to the tv. As the convertor will change the signal into RGB.

Can someone please help this confused APPLETV purchaser who has no idea what way to connect it to my B and O Avant 32 inche Scart TV. Also information on where I can get, whatever I need to do this will be of great help.

PS please be aware although the TV is a VHS B and O I dont actually use the VHS anymore so if needed can use any connection the the VHS player would of used.

• 12-20-2009 11:39 AM In reply to

Re: B and O Avant 32 in VHS and APPLE TV

Hello Applemac1!

I was looking for a solution Apple TV/B&O Avant as you for a long time now. There was a post in the Beo-Mac section called "Apple TV spoof", but this is not working with ATV 3.01 version anymore

But ... read this discussion in macrumors:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=811425

Tried it yesterday evenig (I used 576i in Germany instead of 480i) an it worked!!!

It is very important that you are really quick (less than 2 seconds to change the HDMI adapter to normal composite)

Good luck, maybe you have to try 2-3 times

Lummelie

• 12-20-2009 12:44 PM In reply to

• haa05
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-15-2008
    • Austria
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Hi applemac1,

I'm using the AppleTV Converter from SVideo to connect the AppleTV.

http://www.svideo.com/appletv2tv.html

The AppleTV Video Output goes to the SVideo Converter (Component). From there I use the Composite-Output and go to a Composite-Scart Converter (easy to find and cheap).

Audio goes directly from AppleTV to the Scart-Converter.

I'm using the free Scart Input (not the VHS Scart).

It's not the sleekest solution (a lot of cables) but it works perfectly for me.

Arno

Filed under:
  • 12-20-2009 3:56 PM In reply to

Hi, The hack still works with the newest software! BUT you do have to be quick with changing from HDMI converter to Composite, as has been said. Ive used this hack on a Avant DVD with the signal going through the Decoder scart & watching on TV 1 with obviously Dec turned on in tuning menu!.

I got fed up with the hack & bought a component to composite/S-VHS converter on ebay for € 30, because if ATV is turned off at the mains you to start all over again!

Regards Douglas.C

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)