in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-19-2009 1:05 PM by Beobuddy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2009 7:09 PM

beovision 4 upgrade screen to panasonic 1080p screen ? would it work with beosystem 2

As pre previous thread I have aproblem with mu Beovision 4 screen, was just thinking of the possibilities to fix this.

One of my ideas would be to upgrade the screen to a Panasonic Full HD screen 1080p, couple of questions though ?

1) Which Panasonic Full HD 1080p screen do B&O use now in the beovision 4 ?

2) If I fit this to my B&O alloy bezel, is there anything else I need to do i.e flash f/w s/w or is this simply a plug and play compatible with Panasonic.

3) Would the 1080p new screen work with my beosystem 2 i.e there is no HDMI connections on beosystem 2 ??

• 12-18-2009 7:17 PM In reply to

Re: beovision 4 upgrade screen to panasonic 1080p screen ? would it work with beosystem 2

Heres something else I stumbled on when trying to troubleshoot my screen:

I was looking to see if the actual screen behind the fancy bezel still said 'panasonic' and gave me a model number ?

Upon removing the bezel i discovered the hidden old Panasonic Left hand side buttons and the 'tape' over the old infer red sensor.

BUT ... the screen was labeled 'Bang & Olufsen' obviously for B&O by Panasonic. I was however wondering IF B&O originally were going to simply sell the Panasonic screen at a massive ramped up price just rebadged but without the fancy metal B&O bezel and if the bezel was an after thought to seal those buyers (me) into believing it was a superior screen they were buying ?

Just a though ....

heres a pic of the panel behind the fancy B&O bezel..

• 12-18-2009 10:28 PM In reply to

Re: beovision 4 upgrade screen to panasonic 1080p screen ? would it work with beosystem 2

Initially B&O did sell the Panasonic screen just as you see it beneath the frame. That didn't last too long, but there are still a few out there. 

As to your idea, I may be off base having never gotten the BeoSystem 2 here in the US, but if it's anything like the BeoSystem 1, it wouldn't do you much good to upgrade the screen due to the limitations of the processor and its output.

B&O use the commercial plasmas to build off of and I don't believe that it matters exactly which model so long as you have the RS-232 connection to power the screen on & off and control geometry. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-19-2009 1:05 PM In reply to

If you look through the service manuals then you'll discover that B&O makes the panels are recognized by the system.

In the early type D5 - D8  the software settings can be made by hand with the help of an original remote of panasonic.

The software of a D9 or higher panels are programmed with flashprogram on a pc.

Even if you expending your D7 panel with a DVI module then there is also a flashprogram needed to re-program the panel.

The panel has to be recognized by the system because there is an active 2-way communication between the panel and the system.

This has to do with the contrast and luminance settings and the geometric  settings as mentioned.

With a new pana panel without the right software it might not work.   

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)