in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2009 10:17 PM by TripEnglish. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2009 2:00 PM

Hmm [^o)] PLEASE HELP !!! Black bar on my Beovision 4 50" Screen ???

Need some advice. 2 days ago I noticed a very thin black line in the centre of my screen that ran from the top middle, & half way down the screen, 30 mins later it suddenly expanded and  is now a massive black bar on the screen about 5cm wide and 30cm down my screen !

Ive attached a picture of the problem

Can anyone advise me on what this could be, is it repairable ?

I thought if a pixel dropped out, i would see a tiny black dot not anything like this ?

Screen is 4/5 years old and never had any problems before this. i was kind of hoping a £13,000 screen would last a bit longer than this !

PLEASE HELP !! any advice would be greatly appreciated

scott

• 12-18-2009 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: PLEASE HELP !!! Black bar on my Beovision 4 50" Screen ???

sorry some more info on this:

I have completely turned off the screen done a full reboot several times.

Also checked and reseated all the cables at both the Screen End and at the Beosystem end.

Finally I have isolated the fault to definatly be with the screen display. with no Beosystem switched on. I can still see the black error mark.

• 12-18-2009 2:29 PM In reply to

I have had exactly the same problem. Some times with the black bar as in your picture, some times the bar contained a lot of small lines in different collars.

The good news is that it is possible to fix it. The bad news is that you can't fix it your self. My screen was less than a year, so I don't know how expensive it is to get it fixed.

Good luck with it.

Karcenty

• 12-18-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

Suggested answer to a similar problem on Yahoo.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 12-18-2009 5:15 PM In reply to

MMMmmm thanks for the link.

according to that my screen is either a fairly cheap fix with a boardor completely knackered due to a plasma leek, just hope its the cheap option !!

• 12-18-2009 8:09 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Its the cheap fix.  The 'gas leak'answer is complete poppycock.

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-18-2009 10:17 PM In reply to

Shut up Russ!!! I'm about to go public with www.plasmarefills.com and the last thing I need are loud mouths like you spreading vicious rumors about my valuable service!!!

PM me and I'll take your credit card information and get to work on producing some of my highest quality gas. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)