in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-17-2009 9:15 AM by stefan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2009 6:40 PM

Expanding my current Beolink set-up - Advice needed

I'm fairly new to the B&O and Beolink world. My current setup is as follows: In my living room (Room 1) I have a Beosound 4 and a Beomedia 1 connected to 4 active speakers (BeoLab 6000 and Beolink 4000). No B&O TV yet. This set-up is working well.

In another room (Room 2) I would like to use my BeoVox CX100 that is hardly used and in perfect condition. I also have a BeoLink Passive and an IR-eye to go with it and a masterlink cable available in this room running from my living room/Beosound 4. This would be a fairly easy set-up with the Masterlink cable connected to the Beolink Passive and with the IR-eye for controlling.

However I was recently given a BeoSound Ouverture (with Masterlink connection) that I was wondering how will fit into the described setup.

Ideally I would like to be able to listen to music from Room 1 in Room 2, but I would also like to be able to play music (CD's, Radio etc) from the Beosound Ouverture in room 2.

I would really appreciate tips, guidance or good advice on the best way to expand my system.

• 12-17-2009 12:15 AM In reply to

Re: Expanding my current Beolink set-up - Advice needed

BeoSound audio systems have, in recent years, been able to go into Audio Option 6, meaning that they can pull music from the main audio system by issuing LINK before accessing the source. I believe that the BeoSound 4000 got this feature before being discontinued, but I couldn't tell you when. Info may be on this site somewhere. Perhaps if you post the type number you'll get the answer.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-17-2009 12:28 AM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

I am afraid that I have to disagree with Trip here, which I am loathe to do, but my recollection is that the Overture(BeoSound 4000 in the US) needed extra RAM and processor power to control the tape deck...which precluded an upgrade to 'option 5/6' capability when it was added to the 3000.

I am of course willing to be proven wrong.  Geeked

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-17-2009 9:15 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You need your BS4 as an audiomaster, because your audiomaster must be able to distribute N.MUSIC and N.RADIO. BS Ouverture can`t do that.

You have four active speakers in your main room (room 1), I assume it`s wired 2x stereo...(?). 

What about this: BS4 and BM1 in the mainroom with  two active  speakers (BL6000 OR BL4000). Connect BL passive to Masterlink, IR eye and CX100 in the linkroom (room 2) and set the linksystem to L.OPT 4. Install your Ouverure as a local source in the linkroom with one pair active speakers connected (BL4000 or BL6000). Set BS Ouverture to A.OPT 1. You can now control your Ouverture in room 2 by pressing RADIO, CD, A.TAPE...this will also activate your Beolabs. You have also access to all your mainroom soureces - RADIO, CS, A.MEM, N.MUSIC, N.RADIO...) by pressing LINK - RADIO, or LINK - CD, or L-N.MUSIC (it`s a one button for LINK-N.MUSIC). This will also activate your BL passive and CX100.

As an alternative you could try to connect PL output of your Ouverture to PL of the BL passive, but I`m afraid the Ouverture won`t activate the BL passive in this configuration. But if this will work you could use the CX100 for mainroom sources AND Ouverture as local source and keep your four Beolabs in the mainroom.

BTW - welcome to the Beoworld Forum.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)