in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2009 4:22 PM by joeyboygolf. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2009 2:45 PM

BeoSystem 6500 with BeoLab 4000 Speakers

What do you think of the above pairing? A good friend owns a pair of Lab 4000s and wants to add a BeoGram to his set up but not sure which way to go with it. He is interested on a BeoSystem 6500 currently advertised on Ebay ending later this evening. Seller wants £1,500 which seems a little high to me. Would active speakers work well with the BeoSystem 6500 or better to use passive? Comes with Beovox RL 60.2 speakers anyway. Is there a standalone BeoGram that works well with the BeoLab 4000s - if so, which model would be best? Any other considerations? My friend is partially interested in CD and radio but not especially, its the BeoGram that is the most important and what speaker work best with it and/or which amp, if applicable. Thanks in advance.

Simon.

• 12-16-2009 2:56 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSystem 6500 with BeoLab 4000 Speakers

The Beomaster 6500 has an excellent amplifier so you could use passive speakers. Not sure if I would choose the RL 60.2, though. Penta's would be nicer I reckon. The price is high indeed. I got a Beosystem 7000 in excellent condition last month including a Beolink 7000 for a lot less.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-16-2009 3:04 PM In reply to

I suspect your man is talking about a BRAND NEW IN BOX 6500 system complete with BNIB speakers which ends tonight.

IF it is what it says it is then it is worth all of £1500.

Active or passive speakers work equally as well with Beosystem 6500 depending on the mans ears!

Regards Graham

• 12-16-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

I suspect your man is talking about a BRAND NEW IN BOX 6500 system complete with BNIB speakers which ends tonight.

IF it is what it says it is then it is worth all of £1500.

In that case, YES!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-16-2009 3:27 PM In reply to

Hi Graham,

Yes that's the listing. My friend called me about it because my family live in the same place so my brother could have gone round and picked it up for him tonight if he wins. Thing is though, since he only really wants a record deck, would he be better buying a BeoGram separately, and if so, would he still need an amp or would it work directly with the BL 4000s? I don't know enough about these systems to advise him so I said I I'd create a post to try and get him the right advice. He has a Beo4 remote by the way. He's not a regular B&O purchaser, he has just been given a pair of BL4000s from someone so he wants to try and use them with a record deck. I suggested maybe a Technics deck or something similar as they are more up to date and I understand very good. Is it wise buying an old BeoGram these days? Can you still get the styluses and what about belts or other parts going wrong and general reliability? All to be considered I think.

Simon.

• 12-16-2009 3:37 PM In reply to

Simon,

For styluses have a look at Soundsmith or Axel Schurholz. I've seen belts available also, but can't remember where. Other parts are more difficult I guess.

• 12-16-2009 4:13 PM In reply to

The Beogram 6500 is an OK deck but if he does not have many records I would suggest blowing £1500 just to have a go seems a bit excessive. Beolab 4000s are again an OK speaker but they can work with any amplifier with a variable line out so I would use something he has first to see if he likes them. You have identified an issue in that the cartridges are tricky to find and quite expensive. 

• 12-16-2009 4:22 PM In reply to

beocool:

Simon,

For styluses have a look at Soundsmith or Axel Schurholz. I've seen belts available also, but can't remember where. Other parts are more difficult I guess.

Belts are still available from your B&O dealer.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)