in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-15-2009 7:54 PM by BeoNut1. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2009 12:04 PM

Best center speaker choice with this setup?

Hello,

I have recently obtained a used Beosystem 1 to do my surround processing with my non-B&O Samsung LED TV. 

I have 2 pairs of BL 6000s and working on wall mounting them.  My TV i(55") is wall mounted and I have a console underneath it.  I am going to get a subwoofer someday but really like clear speech sounds with my movies so I'm thinking the center will take priority.  Plus I'd like to see what the new subwoofer that is due to be released first.

Anyway options are the 7 series, 7.1 or 7.2, or the 7.4.  One problem with the 7.4 is that it is vertical and my ceiling height may not make that feasible. 

Thanks for your ideas!

• 12-15-2009 12:17 PM In reply to

Re: Best center speaker choice with this setup?

7.2 or the new 7.6. You will get a stereo speaker then.

• 12-15-2009 12:26 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter.  This will be plugged in to the "Center channel Powerlink" on the Beosystem 1, so does this still give a stereo effect with the Center channel?  Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new at this. 

• 12-15-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

Not a silly question at all! I believe it does as the Beosystem 1 is essentially the innards of an Avant repackaged! The recommended centre speakers were a pair of Beolab 4000s.

• 12-15-2009 4:31 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter.  I noticed the recommended speaker was a pair of Beolab 4000s but I assume the 7-series speakers perform much better so I guess I'll have to save up a bit. 

• 12-15-2009 5:45 PM In reply to

I doubt the 7 is that much better! Given the choice, Beolab 4000s are pretty good! 

• 12-15-2009 7:31 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Macjohnny1,

I don't know about the Beosystem 1, but I'm in the process of trying to configure a new AV set-up and trying to figure the best way to use two separate speakers as a center channel in a BV7/BS3 combo (i.e. I'm trying to set-up a poor man's "phantom center channel" as described by Soundproof, but using BL3s instead of BL5s as Soundproof describes).  It's been suggested to me that the BS3 allows for two speakers to be set to the "center channel" and furthermore that you can designate the type of speakers in the BS3's menu (like putting BL3s on the center channel) so that you can have stereo music when listening to an audio source and the "phantom center" when listening to regular stereo TV.

Mark

Mark D
  • 12-15-2009 7:48 PM In reply to

Beonut,

The Beosystem 1 is like the BS3 without all the fancy up to date video switching (it is limited to one 1080i input) but the audio switching is fairly up to date.  Anyway, I'm guessing you should rename it a "not-so-poor man's center channel!"  Hehe

• 12-15-2009 7:54 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Actually, that's so true!  Thanks for the reality check - my love for B&O stuff, particularly their speakers, puts me in to some sort of reality distortion field when it comes to their prices.

Mark

Mark D
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)