in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-14-2009 3:21 PM by Jobak. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-13-2009 12:56 PM

• cabj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Cannot transfer album art - am a mac user

Hi there

Now I cannot transfer album art (.jpg) to my BM5 from my Mac using Beoconnect, it has sometimes worked before though. What could be wrong?  When I transfer albums they get into two folders - music and photo. The .jpg files are in the photo folder, but the BM5 doesn't seem to recognize the files, what is showed is only the default blurred b&o image. Do I have to rename the .jpg files and/or place them in the music folder? Thanks for any suggestions.

greetings Carsten

• 12-13-2009 4:50 PM In reply to

• Jobak
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-17-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Re: Cannot transfer album art - am a mac user

Hi Carsten

That's very easy. either put the album art in the same folder as the album "it belongs to", rename the file to folder.jpg. A 500x500 pixel is very nice on the BeoSound 5, if you have one.

Or else you can embed the album art in the file, many programs can do that. Also iTunes. Google "How to embed covers in iTunes" or "how to embed album art" in itunes.

KR

• 12-13-2009 6:11 PM In reply to

• cabj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Hi KR

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will try your suggestion first thing tomorrow morning. I just wondered why the transfer worked sometimes - what

you're saying is that I embed the .jpg file as " folder.jpg" regardless if hat been named as say "front.jpg"  in the the music folder for mac ?  I'll  let you know if it works tomorrow. 

Thanks and goodnight

• 12-14-2009 3:56 AM In reply to

• cabj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2009
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Hi KR

Now i've tried it out, and it worked nicely. Thanks again. But I wonder why i have been able to transfer some albums with the album art in the photo folder, not in the music folder (it seems to be the default way the transfer takes place), with the .jpg files labeled for instance front.jpg -  and this is working on some albums. 

Greetings

Carsten

• 12-14-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

• Jobak
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-17-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Hi Carsten

Nice to hear it worked ( I knew that) Big Smile

I ment if you dont want the embedding stuff, the folder.jpg must be located in the same directory as the album.

If you want to embed the coverart in the files, the filename do not have to be folder.jpg. You can b.t.w. delete the .jpg file after use.

Maybe if you already have succeded without the folder.jpg copying. My guess is that the coverart already was embedded in the files.

Greetings

Jobak

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)