in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-29-2009 9:50 AM by hval. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2009 5:34 AM

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

BV7-32 : Return of Experience needed!

Dear all,

I have been proposed by my dealer an offer for a brand new BV7-32+BL7.1, which for the size and technical features fit my need.

But I'm still worried about several things :

1/ the dealer BV7-32 price tag : 10.850€ (compared to 6990€ for the 40" BV10)

=> OK, we all know the BV10 lacks sound power. Still, is the price difference acceptable for a better sound (BL7.1) yet a smaller screen?

2/ The BV10 can be tempting too, but the white halo blocks issue on the BV10 picture is a bit frightening, and like a jump into the dark..

3/ What is the current Mk for the BV7-32? Is it Mk IV (as he told me) or Mk V as it was supposed to be released in Spring 2009?

4/ How many HDMI and EuroScart sockets does it have? I found a document showing the back panel, with 3 EuroScart and 2 HDMI...

5/ For those of you recent BV7-32 owners, what's your opinion about your TV??

Thanks for your input guys ;-)

Philippe

• 12-11-2009 2:43 PM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV7-32 : Return of Experience needed!

Damn! Really?? No one?? No recent BV7-32 owners at all??

• 12-11-2009 2:49 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Philippe:

Damn! Really?? No one?? No recent BV7-32 owners at all??

Not an answer I'm afraid but a comment to the site mods regarding a point raised in your post -

Shouldn't the product page (for this and all products) on the main site list the various "Marks" up to and including the current version on sale and list the differences between them. Not only would it answer this question but all future questions of a similar vein.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-11-2009 3:25 PM In reply to

1. If I could afford the 7-32, I would have bought it. The cinemamodule is the biggest difference (besides design) compared  to other brands. The BV10 doesn't have it.

2. Wouldn't used that as an argument, can´t be a problem on all BV10, guess you can return it if it has them.

3. Only the last MK has HDMI, think it is MK5. 

4. 2HDMI 2 scart

5. I have 6-26, if it had HDMI it would have been perfect... Think 7-32 is even better!

You can read about 7-32 here:

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/22391/167174.aspx#167174

Good luck!

• 12-11-2009 4:02 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

As an aside, you didn't mention the BV8-40 as an option, same screen size, same chassis, and better sound (by all accounts) than the BV10.............. and even less expensive.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-12-2009 4:23 AM In reply to

• Philippe
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toulouse, France
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Thanks guys for your input!

Puncher, yes I just forgot to mention the BV10, the reason is simple : I don't like its look at all... ;-)

• 12-12-2009 11:55 AM In reply to

• santi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-08-2007
    • Barcelona
    • Posts 170
    • Bronze Member

Toralfsen:

The cinemamodule is the biggest difference (besides design) compared  to other brands. The BV10 doesn't have it.

What does it mean? What is really the difference between having the cinemamodule or not?

Santi
  • 12-12-2009 1:44 PM In reply to

• jjcox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-31-2009
    • Midden-Brabant, the Netherlands
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

Hi Philippe,

My BV7-32 is more than three years old now. I haven't regretted the purchase a single day! 32" is more than large enough for my liking: it doesn't rule the room, though it does draw attention.

The sound of the 7.1 is unbelievable. It more than compensates for the BL6000's in the front when watching movies or music DVD's. Very convincing. Even when just playing music I sometimes decide to use only the 7.1 and turn of the BL6000's if I really want to shake the house. This works best with quality productions with an 'electronical sound'. 

Mine doesn't even have HDMI - but why would I miss it? It's a telly.

Finally: I'm amazed by the price tag. Shouldn't it be around the € 9000,- range including a stand?

I say: buy it!

Joeri

• 12-29-2009 9:50 AM In reply to

• hval
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Glasgow
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Philippe,

I have a BV7-32 from a few years back.  The speaker set up is Tv on motorised stand, BeoLab 7-4, a BeoLab 2, two BeoLab 8,000's for front speakers and BeoLab 6,000's. The TV has no hdmi connectors.  I am using alll types of connectors for various kit.  The kit includes: - Beogram 5,000, Beosound 3200, VCR, Virgin media set top box.  I used to have a Mac Mini plugged in for sound and vision.  Unfortunately I only have it plugged in for sound now as I have a 21" Apple Cinema Display plugged in to the Mac Mini.  I have a splitter but it doesn't work.  What I have to do is unplug the Apple screen and plug in the DVI cable I always have plugged in to the BV7-32.

I am very happy with the product other than I really miss HDMI connections.  I would want four of these minimum, but would prefer six.  The cable bundle coming from the back of the TV is over 50 mm in diameter.  I would also enjoy it if the TV had a Blu-Ray player that also played normal DVD's upscaled (and at a good quality).

In summary, my Mrs and I are both very happy with the television and sound set up.  We realised when we bought the product that it does have limitations, but accepted them as a bigger television would overwhelm the room it is in.

Hval.

The ugly one, Hval --------------------------
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)