in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-12-2010 5:23 PM by vikinger. 121 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (122 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2010 5:57 PM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Re: The BeoWorld Event 2010

Jandyt:
    I bought two tickets in the hope that I could woo Carol Voorderman in time for the do, she has had to swerve at the last minute.

Andy T, Perhaps you can contact @Fakevorderman on Twitter. Her profile describes herself as the 27th most attractive woman from Wales. She might be able to step in for the real one!Laughing  I'm still sorting out issues in Latvia and a flight back to UK. BA/last minute change to schedules/BeoWorldEvent/not a good mix [:'(]  

• 03-23-2010 8:04 PM In reply to

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

If I was one of those eccentric millionaires with more money than sense, I'd give money to a B&O dealdership over that way to give free tickets to 27 Welsh ladies, then bring up this conversation on the night

Should be a great evening, looking forward to it y'all

• 03-25-2010 4:55 AM In reply to

So as this is now 2 days away, any details?

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 03-25-2010 4:52 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Just to let you know the arrangements are in.

I'm sending all attendees an email this evening, and after they are sent i will be posting it on this thread and finally as a news item.

Cheers

Lee

Yes -  thumbs up

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-25-2010 7:04 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Okay - here we go if you can't get to your email - a condensed version of what you've been sent..

Hello Everyone!

Well - it's less than not very long at all until the BeoWorld Event 2010 at the 'KRG' !!!

I've managed to blag us not only the free admission, but a cocktail on arrival and canapes. Don't ask me how I did it.. let's say bribery with gifts gets you everywhere. Cough.

Anyway - I'll firstly start with dress code for the Roof Gardens.  I've been there plenty of times, and the uniform for guys seems to be smart jeans, nice shoes, shirt and smart suit jacket or blazer.  I'm going to play safe and wear just that -  but a smart pair of jeans, shoes and a shirt is what i've worn there before. I'm just trying to look posh, but I'll fail dismally I'm sure...

The dress code from memory for men is 'dress to impress, no ripped jeans or trainers' - however, i've seen people get turned away at the door for wearing loud shirts!  However, we're automatically on the VIP list and stroll straight in. That said, no day-glo please! LOL

Ladies - you know how to dress, so it's pointless even saying as you'll all look smart !!

Arrival time.  The KRG are very kindly opening up for us an hour early, so we can arrive at 9pm.  Someone will be on the door, so just say you're with BeoWorld and who you are and you'll be directed to the lifts to get into the club. We have secured the VVIP 'Moo Room' - which normally costs (from memory) about £2,500 a night to hire - a favorite of Royals, Celebrities, Pop and Film Stars who want a little privacy. We have it for free.

The Moo Room also gives us private and exclusive access to the rear gardens. These are beautiful and will be ours to enjoy for the evening.

The Kensington Roof Gardens address is

99 Kensington High St

Kensington

London

W8 5SA

The front entrance will probably be roped off, and on a normal club night the VIP-listers form a queue to the left of the front door, whilst regular guest-listers are on the right as you look at it. However, as we're arriving so early i would imagine there will be no queue and you just stroll straight up.  Look for someone with a clipboard - that's usually a safe bet. Otherwise, ask for Michael - the events manager for LondonParties, who i liased all this with.. he will know who you are.

I think that wraps it all up...  Any questions, please ask.

Drinks are naturally expensive - but hey, this is a rare occasion.. let's all let our hair down and count the cost after the weekend. You only live once, and Barclaycard can't send the heavies round to beat you up - it's against the law.

Really looking forward to meeting you all, and forgive me in advance if i seem a little preoccupied - i just want you all to have a brilliant time.

Kindest Regards

Lee

PS - For those who bought a ticket through BeoWorld and paid the £20, I'm pleased to say your money (per ticket) has bought you entry into a free Prize Draw on the night. Top Prize is a Brand New BeoSound 3 Radio, with two more little 'Goodie Packs' in 2nd and 3rd Place.  Someone will be leaving with a £500 piece of B&O on Saturday night...  will that person be you?  All ticket sales went towards the Prizes, so we taketh away - then giveth back. Job done...

NB - If you bought a ticket, but cannot now attend - don't worry - you're still in the draw ;O)

• 03-25-2010 7:07 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Oh - and it's not too late if you still want to come along - Tickets will be on sale until midnight tomorrow.

You know you want to... just do it !!!!

Big Smile

• 03-26-2010 8:35 AM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Congratulations Lee on a fabulous line up and what an outstanding achievement on such a small budget.  I'm sure the pink flamingos in the gardens will even want to join in on the fun! I am sorry to say that I won't be back in London until Monday midnight. Last minute problems of setting up a home cinema, AV system in Latvia have caused my delay. I was really looking forward to some of your demos.  If anyone is still drinking champagne on Tuesday I would love to meet up!  Please accept my apologies for non attendance. Best wishes to you all!  Judith

• 03-26-2010 10:34 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

The budget was nothing! No pounds and no pence - i got it all for free, apart from a couple of small gifts for the organisers which LifeStyle has donated.

The whole of the ticket sales revenue has gone straight into Prizes on the night too Yes -  thumbs up

I'm looking forward to it !!  Any last minute attendees??!!

Lee

Smile

• 03-26-2010 10:00 PM In reply to

sadly you will not be treated to the sight of two elephants dancing tonight

not that I am saying SWMBO is anything other than elegant

I am referring to my four left feet

We are sadly in Oz

But we will be with your spiritually

:-)

Have loads of F.U.N.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 03-27-2010 6:24 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

THE EVENT IS TONIGHT EVERYONE

If you're able to get there and want to be part of it - please email me at 'beoworld_admin@mac.com' to let me know.

I'm setting off to London now, but will have my iPhone with me to check my emails.

It's going to be a great night and if he's not signing autographs you may even get to meet 'jandyt' and possibly even speak to him! Now there's an incentive for anyone!!

Seriously though - this is a beautiful Private Members club in a beautiful part of London.. with beautiful people in it (see above)

Big Smile

• 03-27-2010 7:13 AM In reply to

I hope some one remembers to take prizebot with them :)

Don't want him grumpy when the next prize drawing time is due

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 03-27-2010 7:18 AM In reply to

• Mark
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-23-2010
    • Iver Village, Nr Heathrow
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Hi!

I'm new to B&O / Beoworld but live pretty close to this venue and i'm interested in atending tonight with my wife.

Are we able to just turn up at short notice? We have plans for this evening but they are quite likely to be cancelled at the moment.

Thanks

Mark (Soon to be a proud owner of Beosystem 3, Beolab 9sand Beolab 3s)

Beovision 7 55 with BluRay, Beolab 9's, Beosound 8, Penta 3's, Overture, Beocom 2, Beo 6 Remote

• 03-27-2010 7:57 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

NEMESIS:

Hi!

I'm new to B&O / Beoworld but live pretty close to this venue and i'm interested in atending tonight with my wife.

Are we able to just turn up at short notice? We have plans for this evening but they are quite likely to be cancelled at the moment.

Thanks

Mark (Soon to be a proud owner of Beosystem 3, Beolab 9sand Beolab 3s)

As LEE says, email him at 'beoworld_admin@mac.com'  if you want to go tonight.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 03-28-2010 5:28 AM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Hey, wakey, wakey! For those of us stuck in other places, we are waiting on an update of what happened last night. Who won the gifts and who misbehaved - doesn't have to be in that order Smile

• 03-28-2010 6:34 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Yes - who will be first to post tales of excess and debauchery?Laughing

• 03-28-2010 8:53 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Just got back home, but going out again for lunch - it's been a long drive home..

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone for making it a terrific night Big Smile

I'm sure jandyt will elaborate with photos. Not sure if he got any of Scott Mills and Fearne Cotton who were there too?!  They came on the pretense of Scott Mills' Birthday, but i know he was just there to spot BeoWorlders..

Wink

Well done to 'Mrs Vikinger' who took home a BeoSound 3, and also to 'Mrs Large48' and 'Mrs Soundsheavenly' - the ladies had a clean sweep on the prizes!!!

Anyway - a great night which i thoroughly enjoyed. It was great to put names to faces and also see people i haven't seen for a while!

Lee

Smile 

• 03-28-2010 9:19 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I've just had to look up Scott Mills - I'd never heard of him!Laughing I'm sure jandyt was much more of an "attraction"!Unsure

• 03-28-2010 10:11 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Jo and myself got home a couple of hours ago. Just in time time to watch the F1 too.Wink Just wanted to say what a great night and a fantatsic venue. So glad I had the chance to attend. It was nice to put some more faces to names, and yes jandyt took plenty of photos.Laughing

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 03-28-2010 2:21 PM In reply to

Just arrived at home. A big thank you to Lee & Co for the event.

Mrs Vikinger won the first prize Beosound 3 (sorry everyone!)

When we got back to our small hotel establishment (where our host had asked us to be extra quiet if late) we slipped the cardboard top and polystyrene from the radio. The thing sprang into life all by itself! LoL!!!!!

Thanks again to everyone: it was good to meet so many forum contributors in the flesh.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-29-2010 8:11 AM In reply to

• DW2008
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Brighton
    • Posts 14
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for organising this Lee - we had a great night.

Brilliant venue.

• 03-29-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Thanks Lee, was a great night and fun to put faces to screen names. Twas a shame I had to rush off like Cinderella to catch that last train home - not helped because the clocks went forward that night. Lesson learn't - I will stay in a hotel next time.

I'm relieved I didn't have to carry a Beosound 3 through London and onto a train full of drunks at 2am. I was a little worried at the prospect but Mrs Vikinger saved the dayErm so congrats to her.

Funniest part for me was Jandyt (who else!) cunningly ordering a cider to achieve the best value for money. I'll leave that for him to explain when he's found his way home.

Many thanks,

Steve

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 03-29-2010 1:11 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Stonk:

Funniest part for me was Jandyt (who else!) cunningly ordering a cider to achieve the best value for money.

Had to better value than the £580 per bottle Vodka.Surprise You did get 3 Litres though.Stick out tongue It was great to meet you Steve BTW.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 03-29-2010 1:44 PM In reply to

Hello everybody!

I just got home after a 4 day holiday with Jandyt! Smile We had lots of fun and the highlight was of course the Beoworld Event! Yes -  thumbs up Great chance to meet some of the nicest people around and what a venue! Big SmileCool Thanks again to everyone and especially to Lee who's made all this possible. I look forward to Andy's photo's, so I can relive my brilliant time in London!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 03-29-2010 3:11 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

beocool:

I just got home after a 4 day holiday with Jandyt! Smile 

You deserve a medal or something after that.Laughing Glad to hear you got back OK.Wink It was great to met you in person at last.

CraigSmile

• 03-29-2010 3:36 PM In reply to

Craig:

beocool:

I just got home after a 4 day holiday with Jandyt! Smile 

You deserve a medal or something after that.Laughing 

CraigSmile

LaughingLaughingLaughing Thanks, Craig. It was great to meet you too!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

Page 4 of 5 (122 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >