in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-12-2010 5:23 PM by vikinger. 121 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (122 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2010 1:17 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: The BeoWorld Event 2010

Full itinerary by the end of the week.  You will be on a guest list for entry - the tickets for the raffle will be distributed on the night Smile

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-08-2010 2:47 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Event tickets booked.....   Check
    Hotel booked....                Check
    Train tickets booked....      Check
    Oyster card booked.....     Check

Going to be a great 4 days!Smile

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-11-2010 10:46 PM In reply to

There'd better be lots of photos....

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 03-15-2010 6:12 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

9 LEE:

Full itinerary by the end of the week.  Lee

Ahem!Wink

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-15-2010 8:04 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Michael, our event organiser is away in Las Vegas until this Thursday!

However, i'll give us all a brief outline in a news item shortly.

Lee

Smile

• 03-15-2010 12:22 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Good-oh.Smile

Some of us are making it into a 4 day tourist event! 
    I've been to London numerous times, but only seen industrial estates up to now!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-21-2010 5:03 AM In reply to

4 days - I'm impressed!

I thought I was doing well by stretching it to 2 full days in London (without children!) Big Smile

The only problem remaining is that my better half "needs" to bring a couple of dozen pairs of shoes, as she's not sure about the dress code at the event.....

See you there! Yes -  thumbs up

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 03-21-2010 3:02 PM In reply to

Hi Lee

How many confirmed clubers have you got?

What time does it start

Peter

• 03-22-2010 8:24 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Ok,
    Beocool, (Holland) nmartin (Serbia) and myself (Clitheroe) will be arriving in London on the Thursday. I am last to arrive  3:15 in the afternoon.
    Thanks to Beocool,Idea we have arranged a rough idea of what we plan to cram into the trip. We will spot Beocool easily, as he has brown hairErm

Friday we will hope to visit St Pauls Cathedral in the morning (closes 11:00-12:15) then in the afternoon we will cross the famous Wobbly bridge to the Tate Modern

Saturday daytime-  Westminster Abbey (£15) and perhaps a walk by Buckingham Palace, and in the afternoon The London Eye (£18) and the Tower of London and the Crown Jewels (Koh-i-Noor (£17)). Hopefully Stonk and Mrs Stonk will have arrived around then. Also Vikinger(Liverpool) and Mrs V and baby V may be joining us most of Saturday.
    Steve at Sounds Heavenly, when do you arrive?
    Saturday evening obviously Kensington Roof Gardens for the BeoWorld Event!Smile

Sunday hopefully a leisurely trip east on The Thames Clipper to Greenwich and the meridian. As clock repairing is my other hobby, I am looking forward to seeing Harrison's timepieces (H1-4) and the red time ball which rises at 12:55 every day and drops at 1.

Monday, I leave Euston at lunchtime, so will hopefull get a visit to the Science Museum in the morning.

So far, we have not planned Thursday, Friday and Sunday evenings. Any tips?  Judith?

Please peeps, tell us when you are arriving, and if you can join us at any of the above, the more the merrier!
    Suggestions and recommendations for any changes we should make will be welcomed.

Beocool and Nikola, where would you like to meet up on Thursday late afternoon? Reply on here please rather than inbox.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-22-2010 8:26 AM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

To Steve: Excellent ploy by your wife. Less room for you to fill the case with techie gadgets ;-)

• 03-22-2010 9:21 AM In reply to

OH ....... NO !!!!!!

I have very bad news ! Actually it is very hard for me to say but I need to cancel my trip to London [:'(]

Situation is like this:
    One of my client ( his house is under construction, and he is from Slovakia ) coming to Serbia this weekend, that's not a problem at all coos I told him about my trip. But his boss ( who happens to be one of board members at US Steel ) coming as well to Slovakia to visit factory. So he knows about project and he like's it. He is visiting Serbia as well and asked to meet with me, because he will probably built house in the near future. Only day to meet with him is Saturday !!!! Super Angry AGRRRRRR

For me this is really important and I say yes I'm in Novi Sad at Saturday !

Uh ... I'm gonna cry !!! but what should I do ....

So I'M REALLY SORRY  I CAN'T GO !!!!

Andy, beocool, Stonk, Lee, and others I'm really sad and I hope it will be chance to meet you guys ....

Sh.....t

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 03-22-2010 9:28 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Ahhhh, how sad!Sad

I was really looking forward to meeting you Nik.
    I'll have a drink (or two) for you my friend, and I'm sure we will meet up sooner or later.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-22-2010 9:32 AM In reply to

I have sent a shipping container full of my used socks to Cliffrow for Saturday delivery.

I EXPECT them processed immediately!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 03-22-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

Yes ! really sad !

I was trying to arrange meeting with him some other day ALL DAY TODAY !!! I was doing only that and on the end it turn up to be impossible ...

I was really happy to meet you guys as well, I even bought some small presents for you guys ( you have one chance to guess what is it ?! Smile )

uh .......

SORRY !!!!

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 03-22-2010 1:53 PM In reply to

Sorry to hear you can't make it Nik. Sad Andy, since I'm the first to arrive (assuming my plane isn't delayed and there's not too much hassle with luggage and so on) it would be good to meet in the lobby of your hotel. Not really sure if I want entertainment for the evenings apart from Saturday of course, I need lots of sleep! Embarrassed It seems you've checked the opening hours, Andy. Good thing, cause I haven't. See you all very soon in London! Big Smile Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 03-22-2010 2:01 PM In reply to

nmartin771:

I was really happy to meet you guys as well, I even bought some small presents for you guys ( you have one chance to guess what is it ?! Smile )

Mmm... The local booze?

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 03-22-2010 3:22 PM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Wow, Andy T!! I'm off for a nap after reading your itinerary Cool Here are some suggestions for places to visit near the venue.   I presume you are into anything digital, so perhaps you may like to check out V&A Decode Digital Sensations,  http://www.vam.ac.uk/microsites/decode  Even the website is great.  Pink is my fave color at the mo. The V&A is open on Friday until 22:00 and the central courtyard with fountain is a great place to rest and have a drink.

For Friday lunch you could go to Ignite, starts at 12 pm, Giorgi Serci, is performing, at the Royal Albert Hall.  It is a cafe/restaurant atmosphere. Always such a magical and special place to visit. http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/production.aspx?id=8754

The new £78m Darwin Cocoon centre is now open at the Natural History Museum.  It is VERY popular - long queues.  Book your free visit online.  http://www.nhmshop.co.uk/tickets/events-listing.html

For the not so active I suggest a walk through Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park and pop into the Serpentine Gallery, to see Richard Hamilton exhibition, Free. http://www.serpentinegallery.org/2010/03/richard_hamilton23_february_18.html

Also the Orangery restuarant/cafe, directly behind Kensington Palace, is popular for an elegant breakfast...maybe on Sunday. (Great way to pacify the ladies, just in case you spent all Saturday evening talking all things B&O Big Smile http://www.hrp.org.uk/KensingtonPalace/CafesAndRestaurants.aspx

As I am chilling out watching a HD Blu-ray of Jeff Beck (absolutely brilliant) performing live at Ronnie Scott's (Currently setting up a home cinema, surround sound system and can't get the right kit to test it properly in Latvia) I'm tempted to suggest Jazz and Sunday lunch at Ronnie Scott's from 10GBP  http://www.ronniescotts.co.uk/performances/view/258-sunday-jazz-lunch

For the clubbers there are a few nightclubs nearby also.  One in Kensington High Street, just around the corner from Kensington Roof Gardens, walking east, two minutes. There is also Opal Champagne Lounge, at 36 Gloucester Road, South Kensington. I'm not sure if I will make it back to London for Saturday.  First guests arriving at my LuxLoft, Liepaja this week-end and still trying to figure out what plugs into what. I'd post a picture, but as its not B&O you won't be interested.  Best, Judith  

PS Harrison's time piece sounds fascinating.  I must check it out.

• 03-22-2010 3:55 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

beocool:

Andy,  it would be good to meet in the lobby of your hotel.

Sounds good to me pal!

beocool:

Not really sure if I want entertainment for the evenings, I need lots of sleep!

Pfffttt!!!!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-22-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

Jandyt:

Pfffttt!!!!

Excuse me?

• 03-22-2010 4:45 PM In reply to

Hi Andy,

Looks like we'll be ready to party from about 2:30pm onwards, just let us know where to find you!  My good lady is keen to visit the London Eye, any thoughts on whether this could fit in later in the afternoon once we've managed to track you all down? Hmm

I've been reliably informed that Sunday is reserved for shopping (little does she know I've memorised all the addresses of the London B&O stores!) Devil

I'm happy to PM my mobile number to anyone who needs it if that helps with meeting up.  See you there!

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 03-22-2010 5:04 PM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Hey guys, why is my post of several hours ago in the moderator's queue? Cheers Judith

• 03-22-2010 7:53 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Judith:

Hey guys, why is my post of several hours ago in the moderator's queue? Cheers Judith

It's all the links Judith - the filter is set to 1 or 2 links, then it goes for mod approval. Stops the spambots from flooding us!!

Lee

Smile

• 03-23-2010 5:15 AM In reply to

9 LEE:

Michael, our event organiser is away in Las Vegas until this Thursday!

However, i'll give us all a brief outline in a news item shortly.

Lee

Smile

Hi Lee,

Have I missed that News Item somewhere? I would really like to know some approximate times for being able to arrive at Kensington Roof Gardens (times for entry to look around, and times for the function if different.)

Can't yet work out whether I can meet up with other Beoworlders on the Saturday or not, (pre event), and also need to plan when to leave KRG (as staying in private hotel on the other side of London.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 03-23-2010 5:54 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Still waiting for definite times from the event manager - he's been away in the US for the last week but is back now and catching up.

I should have news tonight - but if i were to guess i'd say we can get in there for around 8.30-9.00 which will be before anyone else. However, that's only a guess - i'll let you know when i know more.

Emails will be sent too to all ticket purchasers as a matter of course.

Lee

Smile

• 03-23-2010 3:36 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Hey Lee!Smile  
    I don't know if it makes a difference, but although I bought two tickets in the hope that I could woo Carol Voorderman in time for the do, she has had to swerve at the last minute.

Judith!  Thanks for the time and effort you have put into researching the venues. Ronnie Scotts sounds good!
    Will we be seeing you anytime other than Saturday night?

Steve at Sounds Hevenly. You have email.

Vikinger!  Graham, text me your number please. Mine is in the PM.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 3 of 5 (122 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >