in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-06-2009 8:15 PM by Dave. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2009 7:43 PM

My perfect way to waste time

In addition to being a B&O fanatic, I am also a fan of architecture, especially unique homes.  When I have time to waste I like to look at various properties on the local market and everynow and then I find interesting surprises that have incorporated B&O.  So if you feel like wasting a little time see if you can the various B&O products in this home, have fun!  There seems to be a liittle of everything from a BV 5 to Beocom 2's

http://tours5.vht.com/Viewer/PhotoGallery.aspx?ListingID=1207117&Style

Roger

• 12-04-2009 8:23 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: My perfect way to waste time

Yikes! Can you imagine living is such surroundings? It's unique you are right about that, but i think the furnishings are for one with 'unique' taste Ick!

The B&O (and all other technology for that matter) actually looks out of place, 70's and 80's B&O would have suited this space more natrually...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 12-04-2009 8:36 PM In reply to

I agree it would be hard for me to feel comfortable with the furnishings, but then my taste ,is more contemporary and minimalist.  The midwest is not known for contemporary architecture, more traditional but B&O will pop up somewhere, even when you least expect to see it.  

Much like watching movies and noticing B&O I also find myself spying B&O just about everywhere I look these days, it's a sickness, but I'm not seeking treatment just yetBig Smile

• 12-05-2009 5:06 AM In reply to

Someone's got more money than taste!

• 12-05-2009 10:17 AM In reply to

Hmmm... I think that is my late father's last wife's house! LaughingLaughingLaughing

Ever heard one of my fav terms: ungapatchka?

For now... buy the house, and have GOODWILL come pick up everything -less the B&o, of course!

Seriously, I like the house. I would love to see what it would look with the interior done properly... (more like the "Entertainment Room")

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-05-2009 10:29 AM In reply to

burantek:

Hmmm... I think that is my late father's last wife's house! LaughingLaughingLaughing

Ever heard one of my fav terms: ungapatchka?

For now... buy the house, and have GOODWILL come pick up everything -less the B&o, of course!

Seriously, I like the house. I would love to see what it would look with the interior done properly... (more like the "Entertainment Room")

They say marriage is an institution.  The outside of the house looks like an institution.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 12-05-2009 10:40 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Oh i'm glad i'm not the only one who was thinking - *GROSE!*

• 12-05-2009 11:05 AM In reply to

http://www.reeceandnichols.com/MO/Kansas-City/64105/homes-for-sale/308-W-8th-Street-UNIT-200-45370069

Personally, this is the one I like, and that high price includes the B&OUnsure.  Unfortunately the picture tour is not as good of quality.

Roger

• 12-05-2009 11:36 AM In reply to

linder:
    They say marriage is an institution.  The outside of the house looks like an institution.

LaughingLaughing

You know what... I think that is part of my problem! I always take a liking to commercial spaces adapted for living... like warehouse/loft redos's. In this instance, I get the same feeling -but the house was built as a house from the start? Whenever I see old buildings, I think: what would that be like as a home? I actually have a plan to adapt a steel warehouse into a home as all new construction!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-05-2009 4:19 PM In reply to

burantek:

linder:

LaughingLaughing

You know what... I think that is part of my problem! I always take a liking to commercial spaces adapted for living... like warehouse/loft redos's. In this instance, I get the same feeling -but the house was built as a house from the start? Whenever I see old buildings, I think: what would that be like as a home? I actually have a plan to adapt a steel warehouse into a home as all new construction!

The first house looks interesting- and I don't mind a mix of traditional and modern furniture.

The second of Roger's links is difficult to evaluate because the fish-eye lens might be exaggerating relatively small rooms (but probably not relatively small by most UK standards!)

Jeff...... there is certainly a trend in the UK for large houses/ small apartment blocks to be built with steel frames and then clad with brickwork. But this changes almost year by year. Before the current recession steel hit very high prices, and so there was a previous  trend to go for pre-cast reinforced concrete frames. Timber frame (factory assembled) is slowly coming back here for individual / one-off buildings, after having gone through a bad patch with large developers not understanding the tight tolerances needed in the foundations so as not to adversely stress the building skins....and frames now have to be treated against rot (the damp climate and poor maintenance meaning that most UK buildings will at some point go through a period of water entry).

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 12-05-2009 5:40 PM In reply to

Well I guess we all share the love of Bang & Olufsen products.  However we all have different tastes in many other things.  This is a link to a condo project in New York that I think really meets my needs except the price.  Notice the Audi A8 in the video.  It probably has a B&O sound system.

http://www.200eleventh.com/

• 12-05-2009 8:30 PM In reply to

linder:
    Notice the Audi A8 in the video.

Strange ... the movie implies one bay on a floor that has two apartments ... ("see the "ensuite sky garage" tab)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-05-2009 9:26 PM In reply to

elephant:

linder:
    Notice the Audi A8 in the video.

Strange ... the movie implies one bay on a floor that has two apartments ... ("see the "ensuite sky garage" tab)

There are 16 apartments but only 14 have a garage.  Also one of the penthouses occupies 2 floors.  I guess not all of the wealthy in New York have a car.  

• 12-05-2009 10:31 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

We need a car like a fish needs a bicycle.   Anyhoo, Domenico Dolce (Dolce & Gabbana) just scooped up 2 of the penthouses for $29 mil. 

Only 2 left so hurry..

• 12-06-2009 4:03 AM In reply to

Its great to see some of these properties and I am intrigued to know who lives in them. Ever since I saw the recent TV program in the UK about Fern Cotton meeting Paris Hilton, I have been amazed at how some people live. Her wardrobes (clothes and shoes) are bigger and better furnished than most high street shops, she has an indoor night club built into her home and has spent 1 million dollars building a fully furnished Penthouse Suite for her dogs! There is of course much more. The mind boggles, truly. But I do like her a lot and admire her achievements. She is a smart woman.

• 12-06-2009 6:14 AM In reply to

• root
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 163
    • Silver Member

look at this one if you want to see some b&o:

http://derstandard.at/anzeiger/immoweb/Detail.aspx?InseratID=6079197#

and here's the same house without fisheye lens:

http://derstandard.at/anzeiger/immoweb/Detail.aspx?InseratID=6016507#

Marcel

• 12-06-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

Very nice house indded as many said, the furnitures are "very special"...

For that price, I would resell this one and build my own house (or get a loft), designed by a reputed designer. All furnitures would come from italian brands like Cassina, B&B italia, Pallucco, Living Divani with B&0 everywhere. Nice dream isn't it ? Smile

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 12-06-2009 12:25 PM In reply to

VIewing homes and finding B&O is similar to my sickness of spotting B&O in movies or TV shows.  Just saw "Taken" last night and of course in the Paris flat was the standard BS9000 and BL 8000.  Kinda funny.... in one scene the girl appears to touch the glass on the BS 9000 and it starts playing the CD at full volume, must be a feature on the newer 9000'sBig Smile

• 12-06-2009 8:15 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

R Patton:

VIewing homes and finding B&O is similar to my sickness of spotting B&O in movies or TV shows.  Just saw "Taken" last night and of course in the Paris flat was the standard BS9000 and BL 8000.  Kinda funny.... in one scene the girl appears to touch the glass on the BS 9000 and it starts playing the CD at full volume, must be a feature on the newer 9000'sBig Smile

yeah i noticed that too!

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)