in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-01-2009 4:54 AM by Toubro. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2009 5:44 AM

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I need help with placing my new used BS9000

Hi guys. I just bought most of my brothers B&O and finally got my BS9000. But I don't really know where to hang it. I have the horizontal bracket, which seems to fit vertically as well, although I see that there actually is two different brackets. Does anyone know what the difference between the brackets is??

My livingroom looks like this at the moment, (I apologize for the mess on the table and in the window sill):

I plan to use the BL6000's instead of my BL3's, if they sound okay. I'm afraid that they'll play most of the sound directly into the couch, but the tweeter and the upper treble is clear of the armrest, but they aren't in ear height as the BL3's are now.
    I thought about placing the BS9000 over the couch, but then I'll have to remove all of the vinyls as the symmetry is the ruined. 

I thought about having the 9000 here somehow. I think the corner is a little cluttered and I'm going to remove the glassdisplay to try and better it.
    I think it would look best on the vertical bracket as the BL1's are very tall, and this way the BS9000 would follow the same direction, where the horizontal bracket would break the look. I hope you understand what I mean by this.

I would love to have the BL1's a bit further from the Avant, but that's not an option I'm afraid, as I have to have the dining table in here as well, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, when it comes to having my surround setup very square with the viewing position in the middle and the same distance to the speakers.

Where do you think the BS9000 would fit best?? I'm willing to change the corner with the black pieces of furniture.

• 11-30-2009 5:52 AM In reply to

Re: I need help with placing my new used BS9000

Toubro:

Where do you think the BS9000 would fit best?? I'm willing to change the corner with the black pieces of furniture.

The only places I can see it fitting are that corner - maybe above the black cabinet, and get rid of the mobile phone display cabinet which to me seems out of place already. Either side of the window might work as well. And definitely vertically, no matter where.

Might consider also the wall behind the dining table but it would seem to be an accident waiting to happen, and awkward to use if you really plan to change the CDs every now and then Smile

-mika

• 11-30-2009 6:55 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

I would remove the display and then move the CDs to the small wall to the left of the door.

Then there's space for a horizontal BS9000 to the right of the speaker (or maybe move the speaker to the right having the BS9000 between the speaker and TV).

My BS9000 is horizontal and there is no way I could use the wall plates for a vertical position.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 11-30-2009 8:39 AM In reply to

On the Verticle to the right of the window behind the BeoLab 1

So then no mucking around with other stuff as well.

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 11-30-2009 8:54 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

You should keep the 6000's in the rear and find a good use for the BL3's. Rear speakers don't do much work, i actually sold my 4000's after having them as rears as they were just competely wasted there. The sound sent to the rear in most movies is muffled anyway.

I agree with Daniel, remove that display, and place the BS9000 there... even if you can't place the BS9000 there, remove the display cabinet, it insults the B&o

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-30-2009 9:31 AM In reply to

Dave:
    You should keep the 6000's in the rear and find a good use for the BL3's. Rear speakers don't do much work, i actually sold my 4000's after having them as rears as they were just competely wasted there. The sound sent to the rear in most movies is muffled anyway.

That is a very good point!

It sounds like you are using the BL3's as rear speakers, and the 6000's are just sitting dormant currently?

I think that I would def swap the BL3's and 6000's!

1.) Avant surround w/ BL1 front and 6000 rear.

2.) Don't link the Avant and 9000 (debatable, any thoughts from anyone else?).

3.) Place the 3's on either side of the Avant and use them exclusively for music connected to the 9000.

4.) Is that a BL3500 on your window sill in the first pic? If it is, move it to another room and link it to the 9000.

As far as placement, I agree w/ vertical and in the back corner after some de-cluttering. Kill the case.

EDIT

re: 3.) Perhaps place the 3's on either side of the window, or on it's sill ...re-orientating the room 90d for music?

Or... link the Avant and 9000 and move the 3's completely out of the room and link them along with the 3500 (if that's what it is?) in yet another room. (I think I like this best) Smile

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-30-2009 9:53 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Missed the BL 6000. Move BL3 to other room (or sell).

Guess the BL3500 is waiting to be placed in a link room.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 11-30-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Thanks for all of your opinions. It's funny how you don't like my mobile display Big Smile Well as I wrote, it has to go anyway, as I too don't think it fits in with my other stuff.

tournedos:
    The only places I can see it fitting are that corner - maybe above the black cabinet, and get rid of the mobile phone display cabinet which to me seems out of place already. Either side of the window might work as well. And definitely vertically, no matter where.

Might consider also the wall behind the dining table but it would seem to be an accident waiting to happen, and awkward to use if you really plan to change the CDs every now and then Smile

I don't have the nerves to have the 9000 behind the dining table. I'm already on the edge of my seat with my BL3 on the wall behind one of the dinner chairs.

I like the idea of having it next to the couch were my B&O wooden CD cubes are hanging today, next to the window.

Daniel:
    I would remove the display and then move the CDs to the small wall to the left of the door.

Then there's space for a horizontal BS9000 to the right of the speaker (or maybe move the speaker to the right having the BS9000 between the speaker and TV).

My BS9000 is horizontal and there is no way I could use the wall plates for a vertical position.

I like your illustration Smile

I would love to have the 9000 on a stand between the speaker and TV, but then they have to be further apart, which isn't possible.

I wonder which bracket I have then, because it's no wider than the 9000, and the holes in the bracket fits the holes on the back of the 9000 no matter if I choose one or the other position. I'll try to take a picture of the bracket tomorrow, so you can see if you have the same.

Large48:
    On the Verticle to the right of the window behind the BeoLab 1

So then no mucking around with other stuff as well.

I'm just afraid that it will seem as if I try to hide it, if I place it there.

Dave:

I agree with Daniel, remove that display, and place the BS9000 there... even if you can't place the BS9000 there, remove the display cabinet, it insults the B&o

I am going to try with the 6000's as rears, as I have wanted to use the BL3's with my Mac for ages.

burantek:
    That is a very good point!

It sounds like you are using the BL3's as rear speakers, and the 6000's are just sitting dormant currently?

I think that I would def swap the BL3's and 6000's!

1.) Avant surround w/ BL1 front and 6000 rear.

2.) Don't link the Avant and 9000 (debatable, any thoughts from anyone else?).

3.) Place the 3's on either side of the Avant and use them exclusively for music connected to the 9000.

4.) Is that a BL3500 on you window sill in the first pic? If it is, move it to another room and link it to the 9000.

As far as placement, I agree w/ vertical and in the back corner after some de-cluttering. Kill the case.

EDIT

re: 3.) Perhaps place the 3's on either side of the window, or on it's sill ...re-orientating the room 90d for music?

Or... link the Avant and 9000 and move the 3's completely out of the room and link them along with the 3500 (if that's what it is?) in yet another room. (I think I like this best) Smile

The BL3's is meant to be used in my office/bedroom, and the 3500 is going in the kitchen, so I will definitely link the Avant and the BS9000, so all sources can be used together.

The 3500 is in the window as I had just cleaned it. It was pretty disgusting, as you can see here where I'm halfway cleaning it:

• 11-30-2009 12:22 PM In reply to

Big Smile ...couple of quickies for you...

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-30-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

Big Smile

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-30-2009 2:40 PM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Big Smile Big Smile

• 11-30-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

Daniel:

Big Smile Big Smile

Funny, as I had prep'd a similar shot, but stuck w/ vertical placement. Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-01-2009 4:54 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Nice pictures Big Smile

Daniel:

This is the bracket I've been talking about. My brother has been using it for horizontal placement, but the width of the bracket is the same as the BS9000 if placed vertically and the two little holes match the holes on the 9000 unit, whether it's horizontal or vertical.

Can anyone confirm which bracket this is?? I've tried to google the brackets but can't find any pictures of the two.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)