in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-28-2009 7:03 PM by Judith. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2009 5:37 PM

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Removing glue from the speaker cover BeoVison6

I would be most grateful if anyone can recommend a product to remove glue from the blue anodised speaker cover of the BeoVision6. The cover keeps falling off and a guest picked it up when he had glue on his hands. He tried to clean it and made it worse by sticking bits of kitchen paper towel to it.

Filed under:
  • 11-28-2009 6:34 PM In reply to

Re: Removing glue from the speaker cover BeoVison6

Judith:

I would be most grateful if anyone can recommend a product to remove glue from the blue anodised speaker cover of the BeoVision6. The cover keeps falling off and a guest picked it up when he had glue on his hands. He tried to clean it and made it worse by sticking bits of kitchen paper towel to it.

Hi Judith,

I'm not familiar with the precise finish of the BV6 panel, but assuming that the glue is not an epoxy type and only removable by mechanical means, you should look to use the solvent on which the glue is based. Glue solvents often involve a formulation based on petrol in which case spraying with WD40 might provide the answer. There is a  small risk that you'll cause damage to the cover, but if there is any damage the solvent in the glue will have already ruined the finish!

If all else fails you may need a new cover from your dealer.

Graham

Edit: Also check-out the care/cleaning instructions with the BV6 in case there's a warning about damaging finishes with certain solvents.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-28-2009 6:42 PM In reply to

dealer.....

its Bang and Olufsen.

/uldall

Beosound century Beocenter2 Beolab2 Beolab3 Beolab8000 Beolab6000Black Beolab4000 Beovision Avant 32 DVD RF MX7000ML MX4200ML MX1500 Beolink1000 Beo1 Beo4 Beo5 Beosound1 Beosound6 Beocom2 Beocom6000 Serene BeoPort A4 A8 A9 LC1 LC2 Kabinet 2168 Black line FORM1 Beotime Beotruck.

• 11-28-2009 7:03 PM In reply to

• Judith
    • Not Ranked
      Female
    • Joined on 11-05-2009
    • London
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Graham. Cheers.  I think it is a super glue, very shiny surface and will not scratch/rub off - therefore epoxy. I shall contact a manufacturer to obtain the name of a solvent.  The front lower cover is aluminium with a coating over it. I tried the baby wipes from information from a previous post and also soap and water with a tooth brush.  But it doesn't make any difference.

Uldall, sorry, I don't follow your message. However, if I can' remove it, needless to say I will contact a dealer in the UK to purchase a replacement. Thank you. Judith

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)