in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-31-2010 2:02 PM by Paul. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2009 2:01 PM

• wink
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Silver Member

Blue flyback lines on Beovision 3-32

As it says, my Beovision 3-32 is suffering from visible blue flyback lines when showing a blank raster.  Actual picture colorimetry is still good, so I guess it's just blue drive level.  Can anyone tell me how to get into the service menu to adjust it?  I'm an ex-tv engineer btw, so quite happy with line-up procedures once I can access the menu. Thanks.

Filed under:
  • 11-28-2009 2:20 PM In reply to

Re: Blue flyback lines on Beovision 3-32

Its likely that the tube is dying ... it would appear that a very high percentage of B and O widescreen sets suffer from this.

Neil

• 12-26-2009 9:59 AM In reply to

• wink
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-03-2007
    • Posts 4
    • Silver Member

Update - problem fixed! Downloaded the service manual & followed procedure to adjust screen cutoff voltage, which was too high. Everything perfect againSmile

• 12-29-2009 11:18 AM In reply to

Really ??, because this setting is very unlikely to alter/need adjustment just like that and if you change it it'll change your colour balance (resulting in your white not being white anymore and/or black not being black anymore).

If it is a bad tube changing the setting may ''fix'' it for the time being...

@Nobby and ts and others: just a few hours ago i had a BV3 with the same effect and indeed one of the sick tubes.

However, inspired by another forum i'v experimented a bit and found a method which seems to work most of the time, up 'till now i fixed the tubes of a AV5, 2x Avant 28 curved, 2x RF 32 and now BV3-32.

It takes a bit of care and explaining but it is fairly simple, the trick is actually making the heather glow very strong and tapping the tube.

I have no idea how long this ''repair will hold but the AV5 is already in use for weeks without a priblem, so are the 2 28 Avants...

So Wink, i also suspect your tube but if it appears to be that it's not a 100% lost case.

• 01-01-2010 4:24 PM In reply to

I know that Tim J. has tried this ... it tends to be a shortlived fix ... but if you get a few months out of an otherwise useful set, its got to be worthwhile.

Neil

• 01-02-2010 2:35 AM In reply to

Tim gave a 3-32 this treatment for my son Brett. It lasted about 12 months before finally giving up completely.

Regards Graham

• 10-31-2010 2:02 PM In reply to

• Paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 10-07-2010
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 103
    • Gold Member

hi, can you explain me a bit more about taping the tube?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)