in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-15-2007 9:39 AM by Peter. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-14-2007 8:03 AM

• Kirbs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-14-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Prize Draw

Hey guys, my names David. I'm 17 and just joined, being such a huge B&O fan. I was just wondering, it says when you join up you dont have to pay to get in the monthly prize draws, yet I cant seem to find where to enter? Any help would be much appreciated.
  • 06-14-2007 8:11 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: Prize Draw

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-14-2007 8:16 AM In reply to

• Kirbs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-14-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Yes, I've read that page, still isn't very clear...
  • 06-14-2007 8:53 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

OK - my understanding is that you need to supply

Full Name
     Full Home Address
     Phone No (landline)
     email address

via recorded delivery, to

Beoworld Ltd (address on contact page)

by the 25th of each month to be included for that months (only) prize draw.

Separate entries are required for each draw.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-14-2007 9:12 AM In reply to

If you join as a Gold member, you go into every draw and you help support the site. That is the real purpose of the draw rather than just giving equipment away!
  • 06-14-2007 12:58 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I hadn't even realized, that you could take part in the prize draws without being a member. What is the backround ideaof this roule?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-14-2007 1:02 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Most competitions have this "No purchase necessary" option.

Coca-Cola 

see term 10

The "no purchase necessary" statement is required by law to differentiate the free prize draw competition from other forms of lottery which require licensing. 

• 06-15-2007 3:35 AM In reply to

• Kirbs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-14-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

I am only a student. I totally agree, you should pay for prizes of such value and I would like to help BeoWorld, but as I said before, I am still a full time student and dont currently work.
  • 06-15-2007 3:44 AM In reply to

It is possible to enter tha draw without joining though to send a post each month by registered mail from Australia will probably cost you a considerable amount of money! Gold membership is about 2 pints of beer a month - seems pretty good value to me!
  • 06-15-2007 3:58 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Britops is of course correct on the gaming rules element.  A form of lottery licence is needed if it is restricted to Gold Members only, and we cannot afford that i'm afraid!!

The recorded delivery element (as i stated in an email to Kirbs) is to avoid any confusion as to whether the person was in the draw for that month. Recorded delivery is unquestionable proof that the sender will be entered for that month, and i will accept no less for that person.

We entered a total of four people in last months draw via postal entry, so there are actually people taking advantage of this.  However, as Peter says - if you did it every month, it would work out almost the same as joining as a Gold Member (where you get automatic entry).

However, we are all individuals and have individual circumstances, and not everyone can manage to find £2.50 a month.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-15-2007 9:39 AM In reply to

I have edited this thread as I don't think it was going to earn anyone any credit points. Please try to avoid insulting or derogatory phrases except when aimed at me! The view of most of us on the forum is that the Gold Membership is very cheap - in my view suicidally cheap for the site - but I am not a business man! However some members simply do not wish to enter into this for all sorts of reasons and their contribution in the form of help on the forums etc is definitely valued. Please do not be put off posting!!
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)