in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-03-2009 3:24 AM by Puncher. 33 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2009 4:08 PM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 7 40'' BluRay or BeoVision 10 40''

vlohjr1:

Is there any reason why as a second room tv a 7-32 is better than 10-40? I was thinking that a 7-32 panel can be upgraded in the future if new panels are produced with a more superior sound? A 7-32 floor stand with no DVD is similiar in price to a 10-40. Also both have no BS3

thanks

Vince

The picture of the BV10 is obviously bigger and is better than the 7-32. Whether you will be upgrade the 7-32 screen is debatable though I know that some have been up to now. The decider will be the sound. The BV7 is superior in every way with the 10 being hamstrung by its thin form. Wall mounting might improve this slightly I suppose but it is thin sounding in honesty. With a good surround system, one can make up for some shortcomings but this is not a set to replace a stand alone television. The design is beautiful though and the picture the best LCD I have seen in action so far.

• 12-01-2009 5:54 PM In reply to

Looks very nice Peter! Congratulations!

I am getting my Beovision 10 in a few weeks. Can't wait to get it :-)

One question to your masterlink setup. I noticed you mentioned you have masterlink and RF amplifier connected, which seems to hint you have one or more TV's somewhere else in your house that is masterlinked to your Beovision 10.

Have you connected your Sky box via HDMI to you Beoviosn 10? And if so, are you able to see the Sky box channels on your second TV? I know it will not be HD quality and format, but I don't care about that. What I am interested in whether I can see my media sources that are HDMI connected to Beovision 10 in the main room (e.g. Blueray, Sky (or similar), etc) on the secondary TV's that are connected to the masterlink!

Are you able to see these sources on your secondary TV through masterlink? I.e. is the Beovision 10 able to convert the HD signal from the HDMI source into a signal (analouge, SD, whatever) that can be transported in the coax cable so the source can be watched at a link TV as well?

• 12-02-2009 1:47 AM In reply to

Yes, but it has a SCART lead as well. The HDMI is for the BV10 and the SCART is used for the Masterlink sets. And you can tell the difference - we originally allocated the HDMI lead to the wrong input - changing it improved the quality on the BV10 considerably. Interestingly, the picture on the link set is also better than it was with the Avant. You can of course watch HD channels on the link set, but although the picture is better, it is not real HD of course.

• 12-02-2009 5:50 AM In reply to

Ouch, so you really need to connect the HD source to the Beovision 10 with both a HDMI and a Scart in order to: a) have great HD quality on Beovision 10, and b) being able to see anything on the link TV. So double cabling is required for each source (Sky, Blueray, Apple TV, etc!)!

That is really annoying! Would have been much easier if the Beovision 10 just could "translate" the HDMI signal into something it could transmit on the RF coax for the link TV.

• 12-02-2009 12:06 PM In reply to

I'll check when I get back, but I am pretty sure that this is the case.

• 12-02-2009 12:32 PM In reply to

Can the beovision 10 decode and play hd dts

• 12-02-2009 6:28 PM In reply to

i am due to get my set on wednesday of next week. will post a review with pictures as soon as its set up. If anyone has any questions i will do my best to answer. Saw the tv in the flesh a couple of days ago and thought the picture has the best i've also seen in lcd tv's.

• 12-02-2009 6:30 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

koning:

If the top-of-the-range BV7-55 can't - with it's £5K BS3 - the BV10 is very unlikely. So, no.

• 12-03-2009 3:24 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

moxxey:

koning:

If the top-of-the-range BV7-55 can't - with it's £5K BS3 - the BV10 is very unlikely. So, no.

Not neccessarily - the BS3's HDMI receiver chips can't decode HD audio but, according to the BV8's service manual the chips in the BV8 (and I assume BV10) are able. If the TV doesn't then it must be elsewhere in the TV's Digital Sound Module. That's why I am sceptical about any rumoured software upgrades to make the BS3 do it - it looks like theres a hardware element too. Both use (different) pixelworks graphics processors, it would be interesting to know just how much better the BS3 is (given it's age and price).

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2