in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2009 4:11 PM by beo4me. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2009 5:25 PM

XML programming and config tool problems - No channel list for RAW code & 3partyIR tab empty

Hi,

I have some problems with XML files and the config tool (3.23) I am unable to resolve. Maybe someone can help me or offer a workaround.

1. I have defined my product (an IPTV receiver) as "sources3party" and most of the functionality works, but I can not see the defined commands in the 3rdparty tab in IR when editing buttons. Only if I define the product as "accessories3party" I can see the commands in 3rdparty tab, but then the product appears in the accessories section and I can not directly drag it onto the inputs of my TV in the tool.
    2. I am trying to create a channel list with my RAW commands, but the IR does not work although when I use the numbers softkeys everything works. Funny thing is in the view tab of the config tool both create the same RAW sequence.

Thanks in advance,
    Frank

• 11-30-2009 5:50 PM In reply to

Re: XML programming and config tool problems - No channel list for RAW code & 3partyIR tab empty

Push...

Noone? Does anyone have a reference on the XML structure?

Cheers,
    Frank

• 12-03-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

Re: XML programming and config tool problems - No channel list for RAW code & 3partyIR tab empty

Frank,

In your point 1 your XML file for the IPTV receiver will need to contain the complete functionality when using "sources3party" whilst I have not tested this in version 3.23, it was certainly true in previous versions.

I suggest you upload a copy of your IPTV HERE to review and modify.

In your second point if what you are saying is that you are trying to create a channel list for the IPTV then in my view it is best added to teh IPTV XML file. In other words you are creating teh whole requirement outside the Configuration Tool.

Regards Keith....

• 12-08-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Frank,

In your point 1 your XML file for the IPTV receiver will need to contain the complete functionality when using "sources3party" whilst I have not tested this in version 3.23, it was certainly true in previous versions.

In your second point if what you are saying is that you are trying to create a channel list for the IPTV then in my view it is best added to teh IPTV XML file. In other words you are creating teh whole requirement outside the Configuration Tool.

Thanks Keith,

I come back on that when I have integrated the channel list.

Cheers,
    Frank

• 12-16-2009 4:11 PM In reply to

Keith Saunders:

Frank,

Hi Keith,

I have uploaded my file, could you have a look to see if the format is correct? It works except for the display of the commands in the 3rdparty tab.

For the channel list, I have put the list in the file directly and rebuilt the file from scratch. That seems to be a tip for others with problems, the file seems to be identical, but the rebuilt one works, the previous one not. Inside the editor both show the commands being sent ok.

Cheers,
    Frank

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)