in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2009 7:31 AM by Cleviebaby. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2009 3:01 PM

Free bits and pieces

My relatively recent contraction of the ‘Beovirus”  resulted in my buying, almost indiscriminately, so much vintage B&O  that war broke out at home.  Part of the negotiations that brought hostilities to a close was an agreement that any further purchases would require the loss of an existing piece on a ‘one in, one out’ basis. 

Well, I couldn’t resist a BC 9500 I have been lusting after for some time.  And as I have no willpower, I had to have yet another Beocord 5000 from the 70s, although I did get this taken out of the deal as I convinced SWMBO it was a donor unit  for my existing (non working) one.

Anyway, enough of this rambling.  I have, free to a good home, the following bits and pieces.

A Beocenter 4000 (the mid 70s BM 2200 based Cassette recorder/Tuner amplifier) in Teak.  There is a scratch to the aluminium centre panel and, as is the case with many of these, the damped lids’ hinges are broken.  The amplifier and tuner are fine, although the cassette deck isn’t. - srprise surprise! 

A Beomaster 2400 in Rosewood.  Working OK but probably needs new capacitors.  Cosmetically excellent apart from a tiny missing piece of veneer on the front trim which isn’t noticeable unless you are really looking for it.  The treble and balance lamps are gone but I include a full set of spares provided by Martin.  The only real problem is the aluminium lid hinge is broken.  It is easily opened manually, and it may be repairable.  Original box and  instructions, but no remote.

More than happy to post/courier any of these items if you pay the cost. 

Cleve

• 11-26-2009 3:33 PM In reply to

Re: Free bits and pieces

Hi Cleve

I would be delighted to help you out here and prescribe a course of me taking the BM2400 from your hands! Seriously, if it's available then I will not only give it a good home, but I will send it away to be repaired and bring it back up to 100% working condition :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 11-30-2009 7:06 AM In reply to

Hi Cleve!

I'm very interested for your Beomaster 2400 but maybe it's too late now

and you have already given it!

Otherwise I would be very happy to have this wonderful receiver!

Best regards,

Alkis

• 11-30-2009 7:31 AM In reply to

alkis_kon:

Hi Cleve!

I'm very interested for your Beomaster 2400 but maybe it's too late now

and you have already given it!

Otherwise I would be very happy to have this wonderful receiver!

Best regards,

Alkis

Alkis,

I'm sorry but I have already agreed for john to have it. 

Cleve 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)