in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2009 2:23 PM by jooka. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2009 1:37 PM

do i lose something if i change bl8000 to bl3 + my system and home photo

my current system is:

bv 6-26 (with new upgraded panel and hd-kit)
    bs 3000
    bl 8000
    bl 2

and you should be happy with it but i'm in the situation where i have no space for the main speakers, bl 8000. room looks just too crowded in my opinion when i put beolab's in there and it's simply because room furniture and my enthusiasm on design is taking space more than i never dreamed.

currently bl8000's are not connected to system and they are stored on another room. only tv, music player and sub is in living room - allthough bs3000 and bl2 are not wired.

for months i've been thinking of changing bl8000's to bl3 due the size. do i lose something if i change the main speakers in sound?   

also, i've been away from here for awhile and would love to share a shot from my living room from year and a half ago. unfortunately things have changed a little and beosound is on the opposite wall but it's a change for good, imo.

anyway, comments are welcome!

• 11-26-2009 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: do i lose something if i change bl8000 to bl3 + my system and home photo

It will be different but I think comparable. BL3s are brighter than 8000s in my experience but have good imaging. I chose them as much for their sound as their size. The lack of ultimate bass is clearly catered for with your BL2.

• 11-26-2009 2:33 PM In reply to

• Goldfrog88
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-07-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Gold Member

You won't lose anything in sound, according to the book. BL8000s don't use icepower and have a frequency range of around 52 to 20K Hz. The BL3's are similar with 50 to 20K, so no issues, and they save power. Aesthetically you'll gain a pair of speakers that will match your BL2, but it's a designer issue as you say. BL8000s are iconic and you have to decide whether speakers should be seen and, if so, by how much. Personally I can see developing clutter in your picture, but you obviously like wood and would benefit from the changes of colour available with a pair of BL4s, for example, perhaps red? A difficult choice!

Mike

Filed under:
  • 11-26-2009 3:11 PM In reply to

jooka:

also, i've been away from here for awhile and would love to share a shot from my living room from year and a half ago. unfortunately things have changed a little and beosound is on the opposite wall but it's a change for good, imo.

anyway, comments are welcome!

Well, you're obviously an appreciator of Alvar Aalto.   Beautiful, classic, timeless Scandinavian design.

Cleve

Cleve

• 11-27-2009 10:48 AM In reply to

thanks for the comments! 

and yes, i'm a fan of scandinavian design and b&o as it's made in denmark suits very well for my needs. beovision 6 alone in the room is one beautiful tv and it's seen more as a part of furniture and not against it.

• 11-27-2009 4:16 PM In reply to

jooka:

thanks for the comments! 

and yes, i'm a fan of scandinavian design and b&o as it's made in denmark suits very well for my needs. beovision 6 alone in the room is one beautiful tv and it's seen more as a part of furniture and not against it.

Any Jacobsen furniture or other pieces like Vola taps?

Cleve

• 11-28-2009 10:16 AM In reply to

Cleviebaby:

Any Jacobsen furniture or other pieces like Vola taps?

Cleve

yes. several dining table chairs by jacobsen (allthough they are not in use in the kitchen).

vola's are on the list.

• 11-29-2009 1:38 AM In reply to

I just have to say. I love your sense of decorating. Superb! 

I prefer the Beolab3s look over the Beolab 8000s anytime and I think they are in some way more accurate too. Go for the Beolab 3s!

• 11-29-2009 3:45 AM In reply to

Sonically I prefer Beolab 3's over Beolab 8000's. As for the design, it's just the other way round. In the end I choose Beolab 3's and I have nog regrets.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-30-2009 2:23 PM In reply to

thanks, again.

here's new shot taken to opposite direction of the first photo ... if you try to find bang & olufsen - catalogues and books are where the chair ends on top.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)