in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-27-2009 9:08 AM by 9 LEE. 41 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-26-2009 6:39 AM

More than AV: any opinions?

Locked Contact

We all know Lifestyle AV & Lee's dedication to B&O, but has anyone tried the "other" website that sells second-life B&O stuff?

I discovered it when browsing on the Internet, they are based in UK and have different products, but no pictures unfortunately.

Has anyone ordered something from morethanav? What were your experiences?

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-26-2009 6:46 AM In reply to

Re: More than AV: any opinions?

Locked Contact

Had no problem with them.

• 11-26-2009 6:58 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact
    Hi there I have used more than av many times to buy and sell items ian is always very helpful and nice to deal with.

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 11-26-2009 7:29 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

If we're on the subject - i'd also look at Iconic AV.  If i didn't own LifeStyle AV, i'd shop with Jason every time Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-26-2009 7:59 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

9 LEE:

If we're on the subject - i'd also look at Iconic AV.  If i didn't own LifeStyle AV, i'd shop with Jason every time Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

Smile

I second that! Apart from Lifestyle AV I have only dealt with Jason and it was a pleasurable experience! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-26-2009 8:45 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I trust other Beoworlders will view this as an infantile, spiteful and vindictive comment, confirming only that there is personal animosity between Lee Marriot and Ian Grace, and further confirming morethanAV as the principal competitor to his Company.

Why then Lee do you not allow Iconic-AV to advertise on your website Beoworld.org? 

Forget your apparant dedication and love of the brand, you run a business and all you are trying to do is disadvantage your principal competitor.   Remember the HSBC and your quote of £18000 for £75000 worth of brand new goods? 

Surprise surprise the Dealership valued them to the HSBC at £17000 - maybe Beoworlders should know a bit more about the underhand and sneaky way how you peddle your trade, you are no knight in shining armour believe me.

• 11-26-2009 9:02 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Locked Contact

KingOfSnake:

I trust other Beoworlders will view this as an infantile, spiteful and vindictive comment, 

Absolutely spot on there.

Business is business and I hope Lee doesn't respond to your comment. It has nothing to do with us or Beoworld.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 11-26-2009 9:10 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

KingOfSnake:

I trust other Beoworlders will view this as an infantile, spiteful and vindictive comment, 

Erm

O K... anywho!

Yeah Iconic AV are Brilliant, i'd recommend them to anyone! Very friendly and helpful indeed

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-26-2009 9:21 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Well, i did think about not responding - but once again i feel the need to defend myself on here. Any silence could be construed as some strange kind of admission of guilt to certain people, so i feel compelled to answer anything like this. Sad that i have to do this, but here goes anyway..

For the record, i've had no contact with Ian for a long time.  Yes, we've had our differences, but i think all that was done and dusted a long time ago and we both operate in our own way.  We both put a huge amount of time and effort into our businesses, as Jason at Iconic does too, and we all have a good clientele.  I'm happy with that, and as far as i'm aware - so is he.  No issues there.

KingofSnake - I'd be delighted for you to air the full 'HSBC story' i'd completely forgotten about as i'd be very interested to read what you've been told!  That whole saga involved one email and a phone call for me and was (at a guess) about 2 years ago? For the record i'll explain.

1) HSBC call me to say they have a large consignment of items purchased fraudulently from a UK dealer. They email me a list and ask me email back my offer.

2) I read the email, and made my offer.

3) I receive a call from the London dealer who is (unbeknown to me until then) holding the goods, asking me to decline from bidding as there were complications and he may have pre-sold it all.

4) I agree to 'back out' as a favour to him as we have done business before.

5) HSBC call me to say they have had a better offer from another dealer, and would i increase my offer?

6) I decline, HSBC thank me for my time, i hear no more.

So - if that can be embellished with any untrue facts and make me look like a 'baddie' - i'm interested to read! Unsure

I really don't think that BeoWorld is the place to 'do dirty laundry' either, but if i simply deleted KingofSnakes post i'd be accused of being underhand and/or unreasonable.  I'm damned if i do, and damned if i don't.

I'm also a month late on one of my 'buy to let' mortgages due to a bank error, i got a fine this morning for forgetting to pay a London 'congestion charge', and i admit to texting whilst driving in slow traffic.  I've also had two negative feedbacks on ebay in the last 3 months, one for forgetting to put a power lead in with a product, and the other for some Redline wall brackets being lost in the post. I did give a full refund though.

There.. i feel cleansed..

Never mind, it's the weekend soon...

Lee

• 11-26-2009 9:26 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

It is a shame that this thread is being used to air grievances.

In very simple terms from a customer perspective morethanav, iconic-av and lifestyle-av are all good sellers, given that they sell B&O they wouldn't get away with anything else. I would happily deal with any of them.

Simon

• 11-26-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

ChrisU,

To get back on thread and hopefully deflect the bitterness than many have to bring on-board these forums on a regular basis these days I would comment on the following:-

1. Bought a BV7-40 with BL7-2 and Tall stand from Morethan in 2007. Great price, no issues, all business like and the TV was practically new. I saved over £2k against that of a new Dealer set.

2. For even-handed-ness, sold my BC2 to Lifestyle in 2008. I was happy with the trade price, no issues, all business like. No complaints.

3. I have not dealt with Iconic so far - so cannot comment.

Hope that helps.

10%

• 11-26-2009 10:25 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

for what its worth, as a dealer......

We have worked alongside both Lee and Ian,  when dealing with customers who have bough a combination of new and previously owned product. 

In our experience, and as others have said, both Lee and Ian are hardworking and reputable.

Obviously I also have a vested interest - and wholly recommend people buy a shiny new item whenever possible.......that said, ........ just like the car trade, used items have to go somewhere as well, and it is a testament to the brand that the products merit such attention long after they were sold new.

Never had any dealings with iconic, or the other less established resellers dotted around.

However, customers do occasionally tell us of their buying history, and based on various stories, I would certainly caution anyone against buying from abroad via auction sites,  new or used.

This seems fraught with danger from some of the horror stories I've heard - unless its a vintage collectors item that you fairly sure about (eg, an old beolit)  I would be very careful buying from overseas- buyer beware, as they say.

DJ

as to any rivalry -well, it  keeps life interesting.....

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 11-26-2009 10:49 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Ridiculous.

• 11-26-2009 11:05 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

In Germany, Bundo4u and Norber Dransmann are very reputable sites for 2nd hand B&O.

Not everything goes bad on auction sites, but had a few problems...

p.

• 11-26-2009 11:31 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

I had dealing with lifestyle av BRILLIANT Big Smile, the comments above is not helpful should have been sent as pm,imho,i did  make few inquiries in the past with morethan av found them Smilehelpful

• 11-26-2009 1:01 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

What subject were we on?  The initial post had nothing to do with other resellers did it?  It was just a chance for a quick snide remark to demean your principal competitor.  You can't explain why can you?  Let's leave it at that.

Your considered response made compelling reading especially.....  Anyway....

You forgot to ask just one question.

Why then Lee do you not allow Iconic-AV to advertise on your website Beoworld.org? 

Is it the old chesnut about Beoworld not becoming an advertising horse and only one company from each genre?  

Thanks to the contributors who have offered balanced and impartial views either way.

• 11-26-2009 1:19 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

as a longtime member of beoworld i personally understand very clearly who are the advertisers on this site and whose not. this whole debate is ridiculous. 

let's just enjoy the site and b&o!

• 11-26-2009 1:31 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

KingofSnake..  Your IP address puts you in Crawley, West Sussex.

Got anything you'd like to share with us?

Hmm

Thanks for assuming we're all idiots.. very respectful of you.  Please, if you've nothing constructive to say - or you strongly disagree with how this site is run, owned or managed - leave this site and don't come back, it's perfectly simple.

• 11-26-2009 1:34 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

With respect and IMHO Chris Reunion started a thread which was not at all ridiculous.  It did become ridiculous when Lee felt comfortable enough to state 'whilst we are on the subject' and then went off venting personal feelings without backing them up.  I have no issue with the site at all, just when people with self-inflated egos make random comments without having anything to back them up and then, instead of answering pretty basic questions when confronted with them, try to divert attention away and harp on about issues are not really relevant at all.

• 11-26-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

KingOfSnake:

...try to divert attention away and harp on about issues are not really relevant at all.

I think it's very relevant.  Ian Grace was banned from this site showing the exact same kind of behaviour you are now displaying..

Lee

• 11-26-2009 2:04 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Just what is your point KingofSnake.

If you are NOT Ian Grace then you are not doing your mate any favours. If you are Ian Grace then ditto yourself!

I am not in their league in the reselling stakes but have dealt with all 3 parties involved from a business perspective and have found them all to be honourable men and would not hesitate to buy from or sell to any of them in the future.

KingofSnake, I don't believe that Lee was having a dig at anybody. I do think that YOU have an axe to grind which is now predictable and boring. Give it a rest!!

Regards Graham

• 11-26-2009 2:05 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Frankly I'm dumbfounded!

If KoS is actually the proprieter of Morethanav then I would think his original post in this thread has damaged his reputation, to all those that read it, far more than any mention of a third re-seller could possibly have managed.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-26-2009 2:19 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

@Joeyboygolf

This has nothing to do with the mention of a third reseller, it has to do with Lee stating - with absolutely nothing to do with the thread started by Chris Reunion - that he would buy from Iconic-AV everytime if he did not own Lifestyle-AV.

What has that got to do with the thread that was started?  Do you not think this is a demeaning comment?  Lee had every intention of making it a demeaning comment to further his own interests and he did so.

@Lee

Just answer the question, if you would buy from Iconic-AV why not give them a chance and get them to advertise on Beoworld, or do you not want to give up your monoply?

• 11-26-2009 2:23 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

I cannot believe than Ian would act in this way. Lifestyle seem to be doing very well at present and I hope Iconic and morethan are also doing fine. If anyone is to blame for the limited advertising on site, I am happy to be that person as I have always opposed any advertising at all and only accepted the minimum we could when we had no choice. I have no emnity against any of the other resellers but don't wish this site to go the way of a number of previous sites that most of us no longer remember.

This is supposed to be a site where questions are answered and people enjoy themselves. We have a benevolent owner who has minimal advertising presence - why don't we just enjoy his generosity and our B&O?

• 11-26-2009 2:29 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

So, i further my own interests by recommending another company.  Umm.. yeah.. err.. okay.  Hmm

I mentioned the words 'i'd also look at'..  At no point did i say 'instead of' or 'i wouldn't recommend over more than'.  I think the red mist perhaps obscured your vision.

We have been down the advertising route a thousand times, and everyone is bored to the point of tedium now.  As mentioned, and i will say again - please feel free to leave BeoWorld if you are not happy with how the site is run, how the advertising is run, or if you don't like the owner.  Just go, and don't return - then you've made your point.

I will ask you to read that last paragraph at least four or five times, until it sinks in.

Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next >