in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-06-2010 8:00 AM by Dave. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (24 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2009 1:44 AM

Has anyone used the Beolab 6000 wall brackets?

I am considering the wall-mount brackets for the Beolab 6000s and am wondering if anyone has experience with them.  Mainly I am wondering about how they attach to the wall.  I'm trying to plan for spacing and wondering if they need a stud in the wall to screw in to or if they use dry wall anchors?

The speakers seem a bit to heavy to rely just on drywall anchors but I haven't actually seen the mounts in person.

Thanks!

• 11-25-2009 5:47 AM In reply to

Re: Has anyone used the Beolab 6000 wall brackets?

Each bracket fixes with 2 screws/bolts only.

I live in a timber frame bungalow and doubt if drywall anchors would be sufficient for the job and the studs are not quite in the correct place.

I have had a spare pair of 6000's and wall mounting brackets sitting around for 2 years while I try to decide just how to mount them.

A discrete patress could be an idea but.........

Still thinking!!!!

Regards Graham

• 11-25-2009 1:00 PM In reply to

OK I guess no one has used these actually on the wall?  113 views at this moment and not a single person has them mounted wow!

@joeyboygolf, do the brackets have holes that are aligned with each other vertically?  I'm wondering because if you mounted them in a stud then that would block the holes for the wires....so, they must be made to go into the drywall if that is the case.

• 11-25-2009 1:12 PM In reply to

One guy on the forum has actually used them and posted some photos of them. I remember them saying that their decorators used some sort of white plastic faux-wall to hide all the cables, and that there was a B&O logo on the bottom right... I think he was asking for our opinion... what we think about... etc etc...

Does anyone else remember what Im talking about?

• 11-25-2009 1:18 PM In reply to

Some B&O shops have them wall mounted, King Street perhaps? I can't remember exactly!

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 11-25-2009 1:22 PM In reply to

I imagine one could tear open the wall and put a brace stud horizontally to mount one of the holes to but I don't really care to break in to my wall. 

The stores could of course do that no problem and is probably what they have done...

• 11-25-2009 2:38 PM In reply to

Just opened the box and out dropped the installation instructions.

The holes are vertically one above the other.

The instructions state that in a drywall system the brackets MUST be fixed directly to a stud.

Use two round headed lag (?) screws 5mm diam which penetrate a minimum 25mm into the stud.

Regards Graham

• 11-25-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

I have fitted a pair for a customer on a partition wall. Managed to get good fixings with quality dry wall fixings(the type that you use a setting tool with).

They look really good on a wall. I now have a pair for my 6000's. Just waiting to rearrange the room to fit them.

• 11-25-2009 3:42 PM In reply to

I have seen a pair of BL 6000's Mounted  on a wall...One either side of a Beovision 8-40 and looked really Smart!

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 11-25-2009 8:12 PM In reply to

Is the hole/entrance for the speaker wires right below the mounting holes?  If so, then how does one get the speaker wires through a stud?!!?!?!

• 11-26-2009 2:53 AM In reply to

its more a slot on the bottom of the bracket. You could drill to the left or right at an angle so it would come out at the side of the stud.

• 11-26-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

• DW2008
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-25-2008
    • Brighton
    • Posts 14
    • Bronze Member

Large48:

Some B&O shops have them wall mounted, King Street perhaps? I can't remember exactly!

I think that Selfridges in London has them wall-mounted.

• 12-22-2009 11:37 AM In reply to

OK I went ahead and ordered a pair for my front BL6000s and have another set of mounts for my matching rears.  The mounts look very good and are very secure when screwed in to a stud.  Basically you remove the bottom foot and then replace it with bolts that attach the speaker to the wall mounts. 

Here's one problem with the design, however.  The channel underneath for the wires is directly below the mounting holes.  So, if you want to feed the wires in to the wall you have to do it over to the side and just under the bottom of the mount, because otherwise you are going right in to the stud. 

Overall it makes the BL6000s look awesome so I am very happy!

• 12-22-2009 2:11 PM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

Maybe a photo needed?

Some found here before.... I think...

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 12-22-2009 3:28 PM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

Use two round headed lag (?) screws

This is the North American term for coach screw, I believe... 'Lag' here is an old term for a stave (or single vertical element) of a barrel, and a lag screw was originally designed to attach barrel staves to the encompassing metal rings.

• 12-22-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

The type of screws don't matter.  The fact is that the holes to mount are directly above the speaker channel in the mount.  So, it means you have to have the wire going off to the side.  Not a big deal but not the best design.

• 02-01-2010 11:16 AM In reply to

Hi, B&O’s warning about fixing into studs is basically to cover their own backs, very similar to what you will get from any manufacturer of TV wall brackets etc. to guard against some ambitious DIY’er trying to fix a 10Kg load into a plasterboard wall with do-it-all nylon plugs they've found at the bottom of their toolbox.

Ideally, you do want to find a wooden stud, but it's unlikely they will be conveniently where you need them to be. If you use the correct fixings, then these will go anywhere on a good-condition plasterboard wall.

Something like this:

http://apps.fischer.de/poc/default.aspx?page=details&layertype=Z&sprache=EN&kat=$MART-HK-$MKAT-HK-$MPG-G7-$MZG-F150&ekat=$EKAT-HK-EN

It’s worth using a fitting tool to get the best possible grip, and DO NOT over tighten once the fitting has gripped – use a hand screwdriver only and not a powertool, otherwise you run the risk of stripping the threads and these are extremely difficult to remove if they go bad.

I think Rawlplug have an equivalent, but I trust Fischer after many years of use in various similar applications. On something this close to the wall you need to be more concerned about shearing forces than weight, there’s also an app you can download from Fischer to calculate what you need if you are really worried.

The fitting tool & fittings themselves are not particularly cheap, but when you are looking to hang £1000's on the wall, it’s not worth cutting corners.

I fitted several Beolab 3500’s, 5000’s and various plasmas into plasterboard walls with these, not to mention heavy mirrors and cabinets, and they’ve never moved in years. After all, they are designed to hold kitchen cabinets up, loaded with who knows what, so a Beolab 6000 is not going to be a problem.

Having said all that, the walls need to be in good, sound condition and fitted correctly. Don’t blame me if it goes wrong!

Cheers,

Mike.

• 02-01-2010 11:39 AM In reply to

Thanks for the update.  I now have 4 BL6000 mounted, and I chose to do them all on studs.  I would be OK doing BL3s on sheetrock but I would be a bit nervouse with the BL6000s as there is also a lot of torque that they could apply to a wall with their length. 

I still think the design is poor as I had to route the cables off to the side, but they still look awesome!

• 05-05-2010 1:02 PM In reply to

• kpcvlp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-09-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Are these still availble if so any one know the cost?

• 05-05-2010 1:14 PM In reply to

Yes they are still available...they are around $225 USD a pair I think.

• 05-05-2010 5:09 PM In reply to

£225 per pair in the UK

Regards Graham

• 05-06-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

da,da :-D work in progress.

Fixed to plaster board and brick with a 15mm gap between board and brick, however I would be more than happy to fix into plaster board using hilti fixings which i have done with a BV6 that weighs considerably more.

• 05-06-2010 7:30 AM In reply to

my god thats a bad picture. will have to see if I can do something with it :-D

• 05-06-2010 8:00 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

kruppking:

my god thats a bad picture. will have to see if I can do something with it :-D

please do! i think 6000's look lovely in silver on the wall, i wish i had the right house to do that with mine, if i did i'd wall mount them next to my BC1 and wall mount that too..... *drool*

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (24 items)