in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-25-2009 9:27 AM by bonbonhm. 38 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2009 7:53 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Member Banned

Okay - i'm ready for a backlash, so please feel free to attack me questioning my motives, judgement or otherwise.  

Member 'Rydaholm', after causing the desired effect in the 'How independent is BeoWorld' thread decided it wasn't quite enough to leave it at that.  I answered all of his questions publically and left his account valid and open as anyone fair and honest would expect, but it seems that wasn't enough.   Goading PM's kept filling my Inbox, and after my request not to communicate with me any more, they kept coming.

I ignored his taunts, against the advice of the moderating team, and tonight we have a public post on the General Forum entitled 'Where are you Lee???' with the tongue-in-cheek question "Please can Lee have a look in his mailbox, I have sent many mails to him, and no answer. Strange!"

Sorry all - enough is enough. Wether this is someone we suspect or not, i find this behaviour totally unacceptable and have banned him. I fully expect a bleating 'poor me' thread from him after re-registering - but i'm sorry, i'm not here to be abused.  This isn't why i'm here, and if i'm expected to put up with this then i'd rather not be.

If anyone wishes to resign from BeoWorld for me being terribly unfair and stifling 'free speech', please feel free to do so - i will refund the remainder of your membership fees myself. 

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-23-2009 8:05 PM In reply to

Re: Member Banned

Dont sweat it

• 11-24-2009 12:39 AM In reply to

• Hirthik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2009
    • Seattle, WA
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Exactly.... You dont need to explain yourself to anyone.. we support you and the work you are doing at beoworld..we wouldnt be here if we felt that beoworld is B&O marketing tool.. 

• 11-24-2009 12:54 AM In reply to

I too support your decision

I saw the "where are you" but I did not connect the dots

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-24-2009 2:07 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Yes -  thumbs up

Martin

• 11-24-2009 2:54 AM In reply to

Me too Yes -  thumbs up

It is totally normal that we have some "clever" ones from 12000 members !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 11-24-2009 3:19 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

There you go - you've had to apologise twice!

You should have saved time and banned him immediately - job done!Whistle

If you need any other time saving advice just drop me a PMBig Smile

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-24-2009 3:35 AM In reply to

You have my support too, Lee! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-24-2009 3:37 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

+1

Yes -  thumbs up

• 11-24-2009 3:49 AM In reply to

plus me to

• 11-24-2009 3:54 AM In reply to

Right decision Lee!

• 11-24-2009 4:11 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

No need to apologise Lee.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-24-2009 4:16 AM In reply to

Perfectly reasonable. Yes -  thumbs up

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-24-2009 5:14 AM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

9 LEE:

If anyone wishes to resign from BeoWorld for me being terribly unfair and stifling 'free speech', please feel free to do so - i will refund the remainder of your membership fees myself. 

Lee

Can i have all my bronze backBig Smile

This forum been exceptional ,keep the good workBig Smile

• 11-24-2009 5:21 AM In reply to

You have my full support.

Simon

• 11-24-2009 6:13 AM In reply to

Full support from me, Lee.

Regards Graham

• 11-24-2009 6:42 AM In reply to

I am quite a new member to beoworld but enjoy reading all the many different items on the site and all i can say is keep up the good work lee. There is always one who wants to try and spoil things.Yes -  thumbs up

• 11-24-2009 6:49 AM In reply to

Absolutely fair enough - abusive posts and PMs are not acceptable and I didn't see this member contributing in any way to the forum.

Is the quote below a sly dig Lee? Pre-judging members' reactions with this kind of comment is unnecessary and unbecoming. Fair enough if you're rattled by whatever this idiot has been throwing in your direction, but there are decent members who raised their heads above the parapet in the 'How Independent is Beoworld?' thread that got badly flamed (myself included) for having the audacity to ask questions. Please don't tar us all with the same brush as youknowwho.

9 LEE:

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 11-24-2009 8:06 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

j0hnbarker:

Absolutely fair enough - abusive posts and PMs are not acceptable and I didn't see this member contributing in any way to the forum.

Is the quote below a sly dig Lee? Pre-judging members' reactions with this kind of comment is unnecessary and unbecoming. Fair enough if you're rattled by whatever this idiot has been throwing in your direction, but there are decent members who raised their heads above the parapet in the 'How Independent is Beoworld?' thread that got badly flamed (myself included) for having the audacity to ask questions. Please don't tar us all with the same brush as youknowwho.

No, it's not a sly dig - it's whatever you make it John.  It was a statement of fact and a pre-empting of any backlash by way of a fair offer of a refund of any membership fees should a member be offended by my actions.  Even when i'm thoroughly hacked off, i try and remain fair.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-24-2009 8:23 AM In reply to

Yes -  thumbs up

/Uldall

Beosound century Beocenter2 Beolab2 Beolab3 Beolab8000 Beolab6000Black Beolab4000 Beovision Avant 32 DVD RF MX7000ML MX4200ML MX1500 Beolink1000 Beo1 Beo4 Beo5 Beosound1 Beosound6 Beocom2 Beocom6000 Serene BeoPort A4 A8 A9 LC1 LC2 Kabinet 2168 Black line FORM1 Beotime Beotruck.

• 11-24-2009 9:23 AM In reply to

i'm just relieved it wasn't me

again

:)

popgear is grate™

• 11-24-2009 9:57 AM In reply to

• Westlander
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Monster, the Netherlands
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

..never ending story with that guy...he keeps coming back

• 11-24-2009 10:19 AM In reply to

Like in that Bad, Bad Thread, I fail to see what the fuss is so I would like to remain indifferent.

However, I don't need to read any email that Lee gets, and all the public input from this guy - however small in quantity - has been on the negative side of the usefulness axis, so good riddance I guess...

-mika

• 11-24-2009 10:52 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I do appreciate the fact we have such a professional moderator. None of the other 4 or so forums I belong to would even think of taking the time to tell everyone what happened, as there really are no other forums like this one. None that even come close. Such a great community this is.

Way to go LeeYes -  thumbs up

Evan

• 11-24-2009 11:09 AM In reply to

Agree completely. This site is run by amateur enthusiasts for fun. A little of the cost of running this site is met by membership subscriptions but the majority comes from a few generous sponsors and the site owner. We therefore do this for fun and people who don't wish to enjoy things and who are determined to make things difficult or to insult others are simply not welcome.

There are very few rules - just treat others as one would want to be treated oneself and if you can help someone, do it! I behave on forum in the same way as I behave in real life. The vast majority of members seem to do the same and are kind and very considerate. This is a very pleasant place to come and I for one hope it remains just the way it is.

I put a large part of this down to the work Lee puts into this site despite also running a busy and successful company.

Page 1 of 2 (39 items) 1 2 Next >