in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-12-2011 2:27 PM by kammeri. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2009 1:39 PM

Beovision 7-32 powerlight blinks & set won't switch on

Dear all,

I am facing a major problem with my BV7. The TV was switched off and all leads were unplugged for two weeks (as we were on a holiday). Now as I plugged the set in and tried to switch it on it doesn't react on any command from the remote nor the DVD load button. The only thing visible is the red stand-by led which is blinking at a high rate.

I tried to unplug and plug it in several times but the problem remains. Does anyone have a clue what might be the reason? Is there any reset button etc. available on the set?

• 11-15-2009 8:31 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7-32 powerlight blinks & set won't switch on

Is it asking for the PIN code ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-16-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

elephant:

Is it asking for the PIN code ?

Nope,

The set didn't even switch on to ask for the PIN code. So far it seems that the problem is solved. We decreased the room temperature in our apartment to 10 deg during our absence. Even though it is stated in the BV7 user manual that the set should operate at temperatures between 10...40 deg it seems that it needed to warm up to normal room temperature to switch on.

Hopefully that was the cause. I miss my trustworthy MX already Whistle

• 12-31-2009 8:28 AM In reply to

Ok,

The previously mentioned problem occured again. The set was once again unplugged for a longer period but this time at normal room temperature. Now the telly has been blinking for seven hours (minus 3x5min unplugged inbetween) and won't switch on at all. Has anyone had the same kind of problem with their BV7 or any suggestion what to do?

kammeri:

Dear all,

I am facing a major problem with my BV7. The TV was switched off and all leads were unplugged for two weeks (as we were on a holiday). Now as I plugged the set in and tried to switch it on it doesn't react on any command from the remote nor the DVD load button. The only thing visible is the red stand-by led which is blinking at a high rate.

I tried to unplug and plug it in several times but the problem remains. Does anyone have a clue what might be the reason? Is there any reset button etc. available on the set?

• 01-03-2010 2:17 PM In reply to

I have a similar problem with my BV7-32. It all started when plugging in the Wii that Father Christmas brought for the children. As soon as I attempted to set the AV2 input on my Beo4 options the TV froze, the menus gave up working and then after 15 secs the whole set would simply switch off, leaving a strobing standby light.

As a quick fix, I found switching my 7-32 from DTV to radio via my Topfiled PVR remote enabled me to unfreeze the 7-32 but the Beo4 only now works in terms of turning the 7-32 on and off and volume: I have to use the Topfield PVR remote to change channels, etc. I'm also seeing a more narrow screen on BBC channels (cannot access menus to rectify the problem).

Somebody from my local B&O retailer came out a few days a go and left me with a frozen 7-32 again, which I had to correct myself. It would appear B&O haven't picked up on this problem yet. He was going to check the internal B&O technical sites to see if this problem had been flagged yet.

I wonder if you have third party technology working with your 7-32 also? This might help us to identify the cause.

That said, we too have had heavy snow up here in the UK for the first time in a long time - so I'm wondering whether your temperature theory might have some truth about it. Our house is very old and the 7-32 sits next to an inglenook fire place through which the cold wind has been blowing all Christmas when we're safely tucked up in bed at night.

Any theories/suggested solutions most welcome!

Best

Ant H

• 03-12-2011 2:27 PM In reply to

Still having the same problem: every time the unit has been unplugged (and room temperature is between 19 to 21 degrees) the stand-by led just keeps on blinking. It seems rather stupid but the only solution so far has been to utilize a heating fan to warm up the unit No - thumbs down

Does anyone know if there is for example a memory battery inside the unit that could have been depleted?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)