in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2009 9:01 AM by beocool. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-14-2009 9:07 AM

Magic mouse

To be frank I didn't like any of the apple mouses so far, but the magic mouse seems really good. But I'm not so sure about the ergonomics. It is really flat and I wonder if you can use it all day without getting a sore wrist? Can anyone here tell me about their experience with a magic mouse? Thanks in advance.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-16-2009 3:13 PM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Re: Magic mouse

I have tried it in a store for a few minutes, and I very much like the touch interface for scrolling. But I also think that it is to flat for my hand to get a good grip on it. I guees for someone with a smaller hand than me it would be better. 

• 11-16-2009 6:06 PM In reply to

• RobN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

Hi Beocool,

I've been using a MagicMouse on my Mac Mini for just over a week now and no ill effects at all.

It's really very nice to use and the ability to use it like the trackpad on my MacBook is great. It's quite heavy and surprisingly firm to grip when using as as mouse to move the cursor around. Definitely the best Mac mouse yet.

Best

Rob

BV7-32, BL8000, BL2, BL6000, Humax, AppleTV3, MX4200, V8000, Humax, BS3200, BL6000, BL4000, BeoPort, MacMini+DACmagic 

• 11-18-2009 2:07 PM In reply to

Thanks for your answers. I might get an Imac this Christmas...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-02-2009 3:30 AM In reply to

I got one last week, it's the best Apple mouse I've had.

I've had wrist pain problems with Apple mice before, which I solve disabling the right mouse click functionality & going back to crtl-click when you need to. That way you don't need to hold the mouse any particular way. Even better with this mouse, you don't need to specially position your hand to scroll either.

• 12-03-2009 7:00 PM In reply to

beocool:

Thanks for your answers. I might get an Imac this Christmas...

Last week I gave myself a 27 inch iMac as an early Christmas present.  The design is wonderful.  I think you'll like it.  A magic mouse came with the iMac and its been really easy to use.  I have not had any problems

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 12-16-2009 5:31 PM In reply to

• Yaeger
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-13-2008
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

I've been playing with my new iMAC 21.5 inch for a few days now  Smile

I start to like the magic mouse more & more, especially the scrolling, because you can scroll also from left to right.

For example in the iTunes store you have a lot of album covers hidden on the right, with the magic mouse you can scroll there very easily.

In google maps streetview however, strange mouseclicks happen

BV10-40, BS9000, BL8000, BV8-32, BL3, AppleTV2, Beo6

• 12-19-2009 12:04 PM In reply to

I just bought an Imac!

• 12-19-2009 12:27 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

beocool:

I just bought an Imac!

Ehhh, you shouldn't have!   I'll make do with this old PC a bit longer.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-19-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

• BOMF
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2009
    • Lausanne
    • Posts 26
    • Bronze Member

Congratulations ! The more "user friendly" interface, less crashes... just as IT should be.

Great value machine. I switched to Macintosh 7 years ago. I will never go back to WindowsSmile

• 12-19-2009 4:11 PM In reply to

beocool:

I just bought an Imac!

Congratulations! If you didn't get Mac Office with it I'd recommend downloading Sun Systems freeware OpenOffice to keep some document compatibility with Windows users.

I keep meaning to run two operating systems on my iMac but never get round to it. Never have crashes with my iMac or anything like those silly XP warning windows. Don't bother with anti virus software either (the saving on the annual cost of which (Norton/Symantecs) more than makes up the difference between the extra cost of an iMac over your average Windows PC.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 12-20-2009 9:01 AM In reply to

vikinger:

Congratulations! If you didn't get Mac Office with it I'd recommend downloading Sun Systems freeware OpenOffice to keep some document compatibility with Windows users.

Graham

Thanks for the suggestion, Graham. I just installed Open Office this morning.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)