in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2009 12:27 PM by Vifa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2009 4:17 PM

• Vifa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Beolink 7000 issue

I normally use my Beolink 7000 to wake me up in the morning. It is a lot easier to deal with the programmering on the Beolink 7000 than my Beosystem 9500. I have been using the 'Weekly' programmering to wake me up with the radio every morning from monday to friday. But one day it failed. I got too late to work, and I can't figure out what is wrong. I hope you can help me!

If I program the Beolink 7000 to play a source with a 'Weekly' programmering it doesn't do anything. But if I use the 'Single' programmering or 'Daily' programmering it works just fine.

What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Vifa

• 11-12-2009 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: Beolink 7000 issue

Perhaps you have the weekday (or the year) set wrong in the 9500 (which actually does the timekeeping) and it just happened to think it was Saturday or Sunday when it should have woken you up?

-mika

• 11-14-2009 10:39 AM In reply to

• Vifa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Well, the day was wrong in the Beolink 7000, it has now been corrected. But it still doesn't work !

The strange thing is, that it stopped working from one day to another. I used it for approximately two weeks to wake me up, worked fine. But then one day it didn't woke me up, and it hasn't worked since then. 

The whole 'Weekly' programmering don't work at all, but if I select a 'Daily' or 'Single programmering' it works just fine.

What can be wrong ?

Vifa

• 11-14-2009 5:49 PM In reply to

• AT
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 187
    • Founder

Just some ideas:

- After the "weekly" setting You must set the days also. If You do not set the days, the programming will be incomplete, even it looks like completed.

- Try to "check" the timer settings, and see if there was a different timer setted before, which fe. shuts down the timer immediately, like "Timer 1 Play 06.00, and Timer 2 Stop 6.00". The BL7000 can handle a lot's of timer programs, so You must check ALL timer settings to be sure, there are  no "crosslinked" timer settings.

- Also, please note, that the programs are not stored in the BL7000, but they are stored in the main systems. This means, if for example the main system has a power failure (and the backup battery is missing, or not working), or for any kind of error which clears the memory, then the timer programs will be lost, and You need to reprogram them.

- The date and time are stored in the main system and not in the BL7000, so as this values were surely cleared, or changed in the main system -> the reason used to be the same, IMHO a power failure, or some family member, who played a little bit with the remote :)

• 11-15-2009 5:17 AM In reply to

• Vifa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the ideas.

I tried severely times yesterday with different 'weekly' programmerings and couldn't get anything to work at all...  And I don't have any other programmerings in the system, I have cleared everything.

The backup battery is almost new, so that can't be it. Also, there were no power failures yesterday when I tried different 'weekly' programmerings (and yes, I only did one programmering a time, so no crosslinked timer settings there ;) )

'Single' and 'Daily' programmerings is still working, which is kind of strange I think.

• 11-21-2009 3:38 AM In reply to

• AT
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 187
    • Founder

Hmmm... real strange issue... Surprise

I think there must be something real weird situation out there Smile

If You can "check" the programs, as they were stored - than it seems to me that the BL7000 is working fine, and the problem must be in the Beosystem 9500... Sad

My only remaining idea is to suggest You to start a new thread with the same problem, but with a "Strange Beosystem timer failure" or something like this in the subject - because I'am unfortunately not familiar with that system, and IMHO there are several more BS9500 users are exists in the main forum who have personal knowledge base about the BS9500 than the users, who have ideas about the problem solving of the BL7000 remote.

I hope, they can help You to solve Your problem Smile

• 11-21-2009 4:33 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

AT.
    What a fantastic couple of posts. How kind and thoughtful.
    People like you, make BeoWorld what it is.
    Wish I could help the OP.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 12-18-2009 12:27 PM In reply to

• Vifa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Posts 64
    • Bronze Member

hanks for the ideas everybody! :) 

The past month has been a busy time and I haven't got time to investigate the problem any further. I might get time again now as the Christmas holidays are coming.

In the past month I have used my BS9500 to wake me up, so the timer in the BS9500 is working fine - or at least it is if you are programming it on the BS9500 it self.

The really strange thing is, that I can check all the programs - but they are not executed. They are only executed if they are stored as 'Single' or 'Daily' but not 'weekly' which is what I used to week me up before.

AT:

If You can "check" the programs, as they were stored - than it seems to me that the BL7000 is working fine, and the problem must be in the Beosystem 9500... Sad

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)