in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-11-2009 5:23 PM by macjonny1. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-11-2009 11:35 AM

Is there a Masterlink MCL/MCL2/ML/converter/etc 101 learning site anywhere?

Hello,

I'm in the process of getting a Beocenter 9500 as my first B&O music center and I have read about the MCL2 connection briefly in the setup manual but there is nothing really about it anywhere else that I can see.  I can't seem to find any articles about even basic information regarding the Masterlink.  For example, I'm surmising that I can set up the Beocenter 9500 to run some additional speakers besides just the one set but after that I don't have a clue as to what I'd need? 

I apologize if this is easily found somewhere or if it is a stupid question but I'm totally confused!!!

• 11-11-2009 1:02 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a Masterlink MCL/MCL2/ML/converter/etc 101 learning site anywhere?

You can find some information here...

http://www.beoworld.org/beotech/index.htm

But the best is to ask us what you'd like to achieve and we can tell you what setup you need.

P.

• 11-11-2009 1:12 PM In reply to

Thanks so much!  That link will get me started.  Also, I have a Mac and I just checked and it looks like you can stream music to multiple rooms now with the Airport Express which is pretty cool.  That will certainly be cheaper than running wires all over the house. 

Mainly I was wanting to put speakers in an adjacent room with the MCL but it may be the Airport will work better.

• 11-11-2009 4:43 PM In reply to

macjonny1:
    it looks like you can stream music to multiple rooms now with the Airport Express which is pretty cool

Yes, it is cool and easy to get going ... however, it streams music from your Mac's iTunes 

( this is 3rd party package http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/ that I have a demo copy of that will divert other Mac software outputs to the Airport Express)

So, were you hoping to be able to get music from your BM to the speakers via the Mac's wireless network ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-11-2009 4:57 PM In reply to

Thanks for the link elephant!  I'll look in to that.

Here's my setup currently:  Main floor I have my main TV and a Yamaha YSP-4000 sound projector as this is really the only speaker I can get to fit in the small area that it has and sound pretty good. Connected to this currently I have an ipod.

Also on the main floor I have a mac laptop, and my wife has an iphone as well. 

My Beocenter 9500 will be downstairs.  I plan on hooking up my components (Blu-ray player, Wii for the kids, etc) directly to the TV and sending the audio out to the Beocenter 9500.  I was planning on hooking another Ipod to it as well but then I found out I could hook up an airtunes express.  My speakers have yet to be purchased so for now I will hook up my Beosound 1 to the headphone jack. 

So, after reading I was pretty excited because I could just hook up an airtunes express to both my Yamaha and the Beocenter and have the music synced downstairs and up, and even expand it with other Beocenter+speaker setups/Beosounds later in other rooms!

• 11-11-2009 5:16 PM In reply to

Have you found the handbooks?

• 11-11-2009 5:23 PM In reply to

OH I didn't see that!  Thanks!  I've got more than enough to keep my silver membership status busy now!!

You guys are awesome!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)