in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-22-2009 4:07 AM by moxxey. 62 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2009 11:41 AM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 7, 55'' pictures now in media center

Razlaw:

Will it have the Adaptive Sound Technology enabled when first released?

That's a great question.  Anyone with insights in to when this will be released?  Also, will current BS3s be upgradable.

M

Mark D
  • 11-12-2009 4:12 PM In reply to

• LarsJensen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 65
    • Bronze Member

bayerische:

Any price details?  

It is in the official pricelist here in Denmark since October 15. and it says 119.995 DKK (aprox. 16.000 euro) for the Beovision incl BL7.6 Beo5 and DVB-HD. The high stand is 10.295 DKK (aprox. 1.400 euro) and the low stand is 9.795 DKK (aprox. 1.300 euro).

That places it just below the Beovision 9.

There is an option for a close wall bracket listet as well but to big for a motorized wall bracket i guess.

/Lars

• 11-13-2009 5:17 AM In reply to

bayerische:

Any price details?  

Spain prices:

BV7-55" (Screen Only): 9.200,00 €

BV7-55" + DVB-HD: 9.728,00 €

BV7-55" + BD Player + DVB-HD + BL7-6: 14.418,00 €

Floor Stand Low: 1.230,00 €

Floor Stand High: 1.280,00 €

Wall Bracket (fixed): 233,00 €

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 11-13-2009 5:51 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

xegoon:

Do they charge 4 690 € for a BD-player? Surprise

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 11-13-2009 6:18 AM In reply to

• LarsJensen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 65
    • Bronze Member

Daniel:

xegoon:

No, thats both the BL7-6 and the BD-player.

/Lars

• 11-13-2009 6:50 AM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Is the consensus that the 7.4 would be too weak with this TV for normal TV viewing (i.e. if you left the front speakers in a surround set-up off for viewing cable)?  I like the idea of sticking with ALT technology, but the 7.4 is mono (correct?), and I wonder if it has enough juice to be the sole speaker used for the BV-7 55" when it's in non-surround mode (like watching TV).

M

Mark D
  • 11-13-2009 6:53 AM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

One other thing I forgot to mention in my last post:

I inquired about the Adaptive Sound Technology in the BS3.  It will not be enabled when the BV-7 55" is released, but the BS3s that have been produced for the last year or so will probably be upgradable via a software upgrade when this new tech comes out.

M

Mark D
  • 11-13-2009 7:44 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

LarsJensen:

Daniel:

xegoon:

/Lars

Thank you! I was so terrified I couldn't read the full line. Now I'm calm again.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 11-13-2009 7:48 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

BeoNut1:

Is the consensus that the 7.4 would be too weak with this TV for normal TV viewing (i.e. if you left the front speakers in a surround set-up off for viewing cable)?  I like the idea of sticking with ALT technology, but the 7.4 is mono (correct?), and I wonder if it has enough juice to be the sole speaker used for the BV-7 55" when it's in non-surround mode (like watching TV).

M

Don't think it will be good to view TV with only the center channel. 7.4 is mono as it's intended to be used as just a center channel.

If you're planning to not use the front speakers when whatcing TV go for 7.6.

By the way, why on earth have the named it 7.6? I was so sure it would be 7.3, wich would be more logical.

• 11-13-2009 7:51 AM In reply to

• LarsJensen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 65
    • Bronze Member

Daniel:

LarsJensen:

Daniel:

xegoon:

/Lars

Thank you! I was so terrified I couldn't read the full line. Now I'm calm again.

Wink

• 11-14-2009 4:18 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

I've got a dumb question (imagine that) for the group:

I'm very interested in the BV-7 55", but in my home set-up, it makes more sense having a stereo speaker under the TV (as opposed to a 7.4 center channel speaker) as I need to keep costs down, have limited space and intend to use the TV's speaker as a speaker for my Apple TV music collection.

Well, I find the size of the BL 7.6 daunting - in fact, I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to fit it in to my cabinetry (which will obviously require the help of a carpenter) and yet still allow the TV to turn on it's "low floor stand" (which will actually be sitting on a cabinet rather than the floor in my proposed set-up).

I started looking at the specs for the the 7.6 and comparing them to the 7.2 and they both appear to have 6 x 125 watt speakers and I'm now wondering if I couldn't use a 7.2 instead of the 7.6 with the BV-7 55".

Does anyone know if these speakers are essentially the same other than the external dimensions of the tube-like housing?  Also, do you think it possible to mount a 7.2 under the BV-7 55" on the motorized "low floor stand"?

If so, this would be more aesthetically pleasing to me and allow for the TV to probably move to more extreme off-viewing angles within my cabinetry.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions,

Mark

Mark D
  • 11-14-2009 4:38 PM In reply to

The speakers are identical with regard to drivers and electronics

The 7.6 does have a larger volume - 8 litres a side as opposed to 6 litres for the 7.2, but the quoted frequency responses are identical. 37 - 20,000Hz.

• 11-14-2009 6:03 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

BeoNut1:

I'm very interested in the BV-7 55", but....have limited space

Have you seen the BV7-55" for real? Although we'd all love to have a larger TV, the BV7-55 is huge! It's 15" or 38cm larger than the 40", and that's hardly small. I wouldn't be looking at the 55" if you have limited space.

My ideal BV7 would be a 46". I can't see that happening though.

• 11-14-2009 8:00 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

I have only seen pics of the BV-7 55", but I've seen larger TVs (including the BV-4 65") so I have some feeling for how large it is.

However, I still contend that the extra 5 inches that BL 7.6 extends beyond each edge of the BV-7 55" would restrict the motorized stand in my cabinetry though I concur that the TV without the speaker is still very large (no disagreement in those regards).

I'd like the group to take a gander at the space that I'm planning to place this TV to see if I can garner any advice from the group as well as attempt to show you guys what I mean about the TV's ability to move being restricted slightly more with the BL 7.6.  Please forgive the messiness of this room - it's definitely not up to the standards of the austere, contemporary European living rooms depicted here by members of Beoword that almost seem to deserve B&O equipment.  This room has needed a re-doing for some time, and if I put a BV-7 55" TV in it, I'll bring it up to higher standards furniture-wise.

Also, please note the space where the BV-8 32" is - it will obviously have to be enlarged to accommadate the much bigger panel (I'll have to take out the middle 4 cabinets and substitute a lowered shelf with smaller, underneath cabinets).  Incidentally, the little boy in front of the BV-8 is my 3 year old who took out the BV-8's LCD screen with a wooden jump rope handle that he was swinging over his head in a lasso-like fashion (you can see the damage to the panel despite the images being low-res).

After looking at the pics, I'd appreciate any insights from the group about how to do the cabinetry.  I'd like to retain the overall look of the cabinetry and shelving even though I realize that they'll have to be totally redone.  As I mentioned, I think the long BL 7.6 will restrict the TV moving side to side more than it might seem by simply looking at it's measurements owing to the confined space.  I'm thinking the BL 7.2 (assuming it can fit on the BV-7 55" stand) might be a better fit aesthetically, too.

At the below link, there are two small jpegs that can be downloaded (I can't figure out how to attach jpegs on these Beoworld forums - I'm not smart enough to do so):
    http://idisk.mac.com/douglasfamily-Public
    Thanks in advance,
    Mark

Mark D
  • 11-14-2009 10:27 PM In reply to

BeoNut1:

At the below link, there are two small jpegs that can be downloaded (I can't figure out how to attach jpegs on these Beoworld forums - I'm not smart enough to do so):
    http://idisk.mac.com/douglasfamily-Public

I could not display/view the images on your website ... but as you said they are downloadable !

So I uploaded one of them for you into a folder under my ID called "for Mark D" (let me know if you want it deleted, or the one that includes your child added)

FYI the process is (annoyingly cumbersome) to use two windows, one for manipulating the file(s) and the other for manipulating the post(s):

In the "file(s)" window ...

1. go to your profile (click on your "Signed in as name")

2. scroll down that page to "My Files" and click that

3. on this screen type into the input box the name of the folder you want to store things under e.g. [for Mark D] and click {Add Folder} button

4. click on the new folder's name "for Mark D" in our example

5. click on {Choose File} button ... and then use the popped-up menu/dialogue to select your file on your PC (a Mac I believe) for uploading (IMG_0546.jpg in this case)

6. now press the {Add File} that will perform the upload

7. now click on the uploaded image thumbnail or its link (IMG_0546.jpg) to have the image displayed full-size

8. now right-click on the large image and select "Copy Image Address"

Now in the "post(s)" window ...

9. click on the "advanced.image_desc" (!) icon on the post's toolbar (it is the icon of the photo of a tree) ... and in the popped-up menu/dialogue box do a past of the 'Image Address' you copied into the "Image URL" input area [   ] and press the {Insert} button

10. the image, annoyingly, will not immediately appear in your post, but it is invisibly there and provided you don't type over it the next edit command or add image etc will result in it appearing

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-14-2009 10:57 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Elephant,

Thank you so much for doing that.

BTW, that is an arduous process, but I've bookmarked it for future reference.

Any thoughts on my (overly long) post regarding the BL 7.6 / BV-7 55".

Mark

Mark D
  • 11-14-2009 11:40 PM In reply to

Where will the seating be?  How much will the TV need to turn to face the seating?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-14-2009 11:51 PM In reply to

BeoNut1:

Thank you so much for doing that.

Any thoughts on my (overly long) post regarding the BL 7.6 / BV-7 55".

My pleasure ... 

As for the speakers I can't really comment as I have not looked into their details ...

But I faced a similar challenge when I was looking at whether to buy a BV7-40 or the temporary BV8-32 I have today.

As you can see from this picture from June 2009 I placed the smaller BV8-32 across two cupboards and bookcases.

I could have squeezed it into the space between the uprights of one bookcase with 3/16ths of an inch to spare on each side which would have hidden the behind the screen wires but meant moving the BL3s and lowering the centre point of vision of the BV8 and removing one cupboard and replacing it with something less "balanced".

The advantage of the above setup was minimal carpentry - just a hole in the side of the left hand cupboard to feed all the source cables into the cupboard hiding this rats' nest:

Since then I have put a 3rd shelf inside the cupboard, coiled all the wires, shuffled all the boxes and simplified their cable cross overs as much as possible.  But you can see that, like you, with a BV7 I would have had to take out the bookcases and cupboards, and replace them by a long low cupboard that could take all of the sources and cables you see in the picture above. 

I think it would create a much nicer look, and as I mentioned at the time I even thought of surrounding the BV7 screen with some pictures - similar to the BV10's advertising of "art on a wall".

I think my setup is simpler than yours, because your cupboards and bookcases down seem to align vertically ... from the pictures I wonder whether replacing the whole "wall" might be the easier thing for you to do.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-15-2009 12:38 AM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

Razlaw,

In the picture that Elephant was kind enough to post, the wicker love seat directly in front of the TV (you can see the back of it which appears oval) would be replaced with a sofa.  To the right of the image (where the two chairs are) another sofa would be placed.  This sofa in the area of the two chairs is where I'd need the BV-7 to turn to when guests are sitting there.

Elephant,

Our set-ups are very similar; I also have BL-3s attached to my BV-8.  You're right about my shelving being slightly more complicated than yours.  If you can visualize this, here's what I plan on doing:  I'll make the rectangular "hole" in the shelves which holds the BV-8 larger and in doing so, it would dip in to the cabinets right below the BV-8 (in effect, it'd take out the middle four cabinet doors).  So, on the lower half of my proposed BV-7 55" / BL 7.6, there'd be cabinets on either side, and, on the upper half (primarily composed of the LCD panel), there'd be shelving to either side.  I agree with you regarding having to take out and redo all the shelving and cabinetry as this would undoubtedly be required to get the proportions correct.  Can you see now why I'd be worried about the BL 7.6 lessening the ability of the TV to turn?

Mark

Mark D
  • 11-15-2009 9:05 AM In reply to

Does anyone know if B & O intend to produce a table top stand,that will accomodate an undermount speaker,for this TV?

Is the short floor stand meant to be a substitute?

If so,what is it's weight?

Thanks.

• 11-16-2009 4:46 PM In reply to

Beonut, I can see why you would be worried about the turning.  We have a BV7 40 inch and have the base of the stand about  6 inches from the wall behind it. Turning the TV all the way to one side only gets the TV within about 9 inches of the wall. In other words, the side of the TV when turned is farther away from the wall than the back of the base.  If I am understanding how your room will be set up I think it is somewhat similar to ours and that amount of turning is more than adequate.

I also just received a B and O mailing with a large picture of the BV7-55 with the 7-6 on it. Looking at the picture it appears to me the 7-6 is in front of the TV and that the ends of it our curved,..i.e. the back of the speaker is shorter than the front. Almost looks like it was designed so that it would have no effect on the amount the TV turned. 

Edit.....see following post...will have to check ours, maybe could turn farther 

• 11-16-2009 4:47 PM In reply to

I assume the tall stand for the 7-55 is a different stand than the 7-40?  

• 11-16-2009 5:10 PM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

In setup of BV7 the stand, no matter model or screen size, can be programmed to stop so it won't turn into the wall.

/MikaelB

• 11-16-2009 5:50 PM In reply to

just buy a projector

big screen , big vfm

popgear is grate™

• 11-16-2009 7:16 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

BeoNut1:

I've got a dumb question (imagine that) for the group:

I started looking at the specs for the the 7.6 and comparing them to the 7.2 and they both appear to have 6 x 125 watt speakers and I'm now wondering if I couldn't use a 7.2 instead of the 7.6 with the BV-7 55".

Does anyone know if these speakers are essentially the same other than the external dimensions of the tube-like housing?  Also, do you think it possible to mount a 7.2 under the BV-7 55" on the motorized "low floor stand"?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions,

Mark

Mark,

The 7-1, -2, and -6 are technically completely identical in every respect except physical size.  The -1 and -2 are identical save for width, and share all mounting hardware.  According to my sources, the 7-6 will be the same, so the answer is "Yes!" you can use the 7-2.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

Page 2 of 3 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >