in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-13-2007 6:32 PM by EOB. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2007 5:32 AM

Is my design beeing copied?

I have designd a lot of B&O imaginary products of the future and have shown them on the former BeoWorld side. I have sent them also to B&O design chief. When I see new B&O products I can not neglect the idea that I have perhaps been copied.

I would like to hear some opinion of the BeoWorld fans.

• 06-13-2007 6:06 AM In reply to

• Bart
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

Re: Is my design beeing copied?

Hi Avus,

The BV8 is very much the same as your design! The second picture is quite different, the BL6k stands before the stand whereas your speaker (BL8k) is on top the stand. This gives a complete different visual in my opinion. As David Lewis is about to retire there might be a job opening for you and for that other talented designer on the forum but whose name I just forgot Sad

Bart

• 06-13-2007 6:39 AM In reply to

My speaker is not ment to be a BL8000. What I am thinking about here is: for so many years BL6000 were not mountable on the wall but now at once they have designed a similar bracket to the one I have designed.

I have no interest to work for B&O as they have refuse my colaboration many times. There was Jacob Jensen Design that was interested in my designs and I was invited to Denmark but from the meeting nothing else happened as that I have given them my 100 designs for free. Promise theyould buy some of my designs stayed out.

Beeing copied is my experience everywhere withe almost every design enterprise.

The other designers name I think was Tolga Toncer, we started almost at the same time to advertise our designs at former BW forum under the rubric Imaginary products of the future.

I think even David Lewis will retire now there are already arrangements who will be the next B&O designer and they will not give a chance to some other freelancer.

• 06-13-2007 6:53 AM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Your BV8 looks indeed like the BV8.... didn't know that it was possible to sent designs to B&O. Can I ask if they send a mail back with their opinion about it ?

Last week I designed a new B&O style desk for my bedroom

It's all made with alumium and it's called the Silver Line. Put a nice black BV6 (with the same silver lines on the back) on it and it matches perfectly.

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 06-13-2007 7:04 AM In reply to

Your table design is OK but somehow outdated. If you prefer classic lines then it is the right choise.

• 06-13-2007 4:47 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

avus17:

Your table design is OK but somehow outdated. If you prefer classic lines then it is the right choise.

That's what I like about it :-). Classic lines in a modern jacket. I prefer curves too, but in this room I've choosen to use only the basic lines with the basic collors (black, white and some alu looks) with the idea less is more...

In the past I've designed some components too, but does anybody knows if B&O is waiting for such ideas or is it just a waist of time to send them designs ?

Rogér

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 06-13-2007 5:08 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I know that most large companies in the US will not even look at a design or invention that is sent to them without them contracting for the work.  They do this to guard against an external designer/inventor claiming work is copied when, in fact, it is often true that great minds think alike.

Stan

• 06-13-2007 6:32 PM In reply to

• EOB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 188
    • Bronze Member

b8 looks simular

@stan might be nice to have yourscreen go up and down?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)