in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2009 1:54 PM by tournedos. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2009 5:47 PM

BeoSound Owners...

I have an issue with my BS9000 in that it only picks up 2 radio stations at present: BBC Somerset and BBC Radio 1. I have a quote for about £350 for an fm arial, dedicated grey box, diplexers, pole, heavy duty cradle bracket, strap, wire and connectors etc but the likelihood is that I'll only get a further 10 radio stations or so. What do you think, is it worth it? I am curious to know how many people use the radio functionality on their BeoSounds and whether or not they had to consider a similar expense for the same 'limited' choice? Not sure I feel its worth it really. Convince me!

Thanks,
    Simon. 

• 11-09-2009 6:06 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSound Owners...

Isn't terrestrial broadcast set to expire in the UK? Even if it weren't I can't imagine it would be worth it unless there was something of tremendous interest. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-09-2009 6:19 PM In reply to

Sounds a bit steep. When carrying out an install I only charge a fraction of that. Would expect to receive at least 20 stations, obviously depends on the strength of the signal in your area.

• 11-09-2009 7:34 PM In reply to

Well if you're anywhere near Bath or you fancy popping over for the day to sort it then just let me know!

bnoblueboy:

Sounds a bit steep. When carrying out an install I only charge a fraction of that. Would expect to receive at least 20 stations, obviously depends on the strength of the signal in your area.

• 11-09-2009 11:37 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

I'm no longer working in Kew Gardens, and come to think of it, not even in Great Britain.

However, I do not use the local radio feature at all on our main Beosound: Only N.RADIO.  Now and then I use the FM radio on a Beosound 1 and Beosound 3, but very rarely. There is just too much available on internet radio.

• 11-10-2009 9:18 AM In reply to

Or get a splitter and connect it to the TV aerial and see what you can get out of that.

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 11-10-2009 1:54 PM In reply to

Simon,

that quote of yours probably involves an outside aerial hanging off a helium balloon suspended by golden wires and launched by a B&O dealer.

Do you have any kind of aerial connected to your Beosound now? If not, any darn £1 indoor wire antenna should improve over that greatly...

I personally could not live without FM radio.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)