in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2009 7:39 AM by solderon29. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2009 2:59 PM

Beomaster 3000-2 ..........Could it live again?

Some time ago I purchased a Beomaster 3000-2 from EBay.  I have spent quite a lot of time cleaning and it and trying to get it back to its original condition.  It now looks fantastic and almost everything works perfectly.  It is such a beautiful design and made from such amazing materials that I would love to have it functioning, as it should.  The problem is that there is a constant low buzzing noise through the speakers no matter which source is used.  I have tried everything that I can think of.  Because I am just an enthusiast and not an expert in electronics I decided that my only option was to take it to my local B&O dealers to see what they could do/advise.  When Chris at Bernard Dickinson’s, Preston had a look his diagnosis was that the “main reservoir capacitor” was not working and he had looked around but could not find a replacement.  He has repaired my Becontree 9500 before and done a wonderful job so I feel completely confident in his years of expertise and knowledge.

So I wondered if anyone here at Beoworld had any suggestion on where I may obtain a “main reservoir capacitor”.  Is possible for me to purchase one anywhere or does anyone know where I could buy another 3000-2 that has a fault other than this so that I can use the two Beomasters to end up with one perfect system.

Are there any other alternatives?  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, as it has been so many times when you have helped me in the past.

Best wishes and here’s praying

Peter G.

• 11-10-2009 7:39 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 3000-2 ..........Could it live again?

Should'nt be a problem getting a suitable replacement capacitor.It prolly won't be exactly the same value,as they don't make them now,but an equivalent will do.

There will be several capacitors needing replacement by now,some of which could also cause humming.The main transformer can cause a low hum,but this is more a mechanical noise,and you can feel the vibration through the casework.

Well worth sorting out,lovely old kit,but you prolly need the help of an enthusiast,as to be fair,it's not really practical for a Dealer to be able to spend the necessary time.

Regards,

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)