in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-27-2012 5:56 AM by Keith Saunders. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2009 8:22 AM

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

PUC Controllers

I know technically I am in the wrong forum, but this is where all the brainy types and boffins hang out!!!!

Has anyone had success writing their own PUC controllers? Have had a play around and it seems quite possible.

• 11-07-2009 9:06 AM In reply to

Re: PUC Controllers

The PUC in Beovisions are loaded by dealers using a B&O Service Tool and can be changed at any time by a dealer from a library of PUC files produced by B&O.

Each 3rd party product supported by the PUC and in the library has an associated DEC file. This DEC file is a text file with a format unique to B&O, but in principle is quite simple.

The file defines everything including but not limited too:-

• Each 3rd party product encoded by B&O with its associated IR timings and binary codes
    • The commands available in the MENU for that device

The following is a typical example of the GUIDE button for a TOPFIELD 5800

[Signal_btnGUIDE_RepeatSignal]
    IRSEQUENCE=NEC
    Pause1=0
    Pause2=0
    Carrier=38
    BITLEN=546 570 0
    PRESIGNALBITS=0 0
    PRESIGNALHI=8995
    PRESIGNALLO=2250
    BITS=1

[Signal_btnGUIDE]
    IRSEQUENCE=NEC
    Pause1=39400
    Pause2=95500
    Carrier=38
    BITLEN=546 570 1700
    PRESIGNALBITS=0 0
    PRESIGNALHI=8995
    PRESIGNALLO=4480
    BITS=111110110000010000100111110110001
    REPEATSIGNAL=1
    Comment=NEC 32bits=FB0427D8

I have written a Windows based programme which converts any PUC DEC file into a Beo5 XML file and doing the reverse would not be particularly difficult.

Producing the DEC file for a particular product in my view is not technically difficult, but time consuming without a software tool.

The issue is that only B&O dealers have the Service Tool and the special Masterlink cable which uses pins 9 & 10 to send the data to the PUC in the Beovision.

If you are a B&O dealer reading this and you know how to produce and upload the PUC, then you could produce your own DEC files to add to the B&O library and upload to your customers Beovision. This can be particularly important where you have a customer requirement for a 3rd party product to be controlled by the PUC, yet B&O do not have any plans to add that product to the PUC library. You may not get a big sale for what is a technically small requirement.

Regards Keith....

• 11-07-2009 11:25 AM In reply to

I am very interested in that subject because I would need to change the entry for the Sony HX1010 DVD recorder for my Beovision 7.

I have a Sony HX715 DVD recorder and I would like to add three commands: STOP, GUIDE and TITLE LIST.

My questions are:

1- How to extract the entry for Sony HX1010 from the TV? A special software is certainly required for this.

2- How to capture the IR commands from the Sony remote to get the numbers shown in the previous reply?

With an IR receiver that is connected to the computer and a capture software?

Is this available somewhere?

3- How to upload the new or modified PUC entry to the TV ?  With some special B&O software?

Thanks in advance,

Jean

• 11-07-2009 12:53 PM In reply to

Jean,

In answer to your three questions, my answers are as follows:-

1. You CANNOT extract the data for your Sony HX1010 from the PUC in your Beovision. You need the original DEC file to be updated.
    2. There are lots of software and capture devices available, but I tend to use the Lintronic box to capture the timings. You can see more about Lintronic at www.lintronic.dk
    3. As previously stated the dealers have a software Service Tool along with a special Masterlink cable allows the upload of data to teh PUC in the Beovision.

You also stated you need the STOP, GUIDE and TITLE LIST added, but the stop already exists. Below is a decode of the DEC file for the Sony HX1010 which shows all the commands available

Regards Keith....

• 11-14-2009 10:54 AM In reply to

Keith,

Many thanks for the info.

So it appears that it will be a quite complicated job for just adding two buttons.

Thanks,

Jean

• 11-14-2009 11:02 AM In reply to

Jean,

Well, not particularly technically difficult, but even if you had a copy of the DEC file and updated it successfully you would still need your dealer to update you PUC with the Service Tool.

Regards Keith....

• 01-18-2010 12:20 AM In reply to

Dear Keith,

Sorry for reviving this thread two months later. I had the software and the PUC list on

my BV-7 upgraded by my dealer a few days ago and I discovered that by combining

some commands of the entries of the Sony RDR HX-1010, HX-780, and HXD 995, I could

get a reasonable control of my HX-715 DVD recorder.

Are these "DEC" files human readable and editable? I could then create my own PUC

entry using a combination of the codes from these three entries.

Thanks in advance, 

Jean 

• 01-18-2010 2:42 AM In reply to

jvezina:

Are these "DEC" files human readable and editable? I could then create my own PUC

entry using a combination of the codes from these three entries.

I believe that my first answer in this thread fairly clearly states the situation.

The DEC files are flat text files but in a format unique to B&O and whilst they can be modified, you would need to fully understand their structure and also get the support of your dealer to be willing to download a modified version.

Regards Keith....

• 01-18-2010 6:43 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Keith,

I would be very interested if you could write as you proposed above a reverse XML - PUC software/function. It would be extreamly valueable to be able to create a fully functional PUC listing for the settop boxes that I am responsible for here in Norway. I have managed to get two into the normal PUC listing via B&O but this is quite an effort and it involves logistics and testing with weeks in between each "version".

Sincerely hope that you could find the time and effort to create this.

//Rolf  

• 01-26-2012 9:43 PM In reply to

Keith,

I am ressuscitating this old thread for getting one information: What are the Beo4 mappings for the RDR HX1010 PUC entry? In particular:

SYSTEM MENU as shown in the JPEG image.

Thanks,

Jean

• 01-27-2012 5:56 AM In reply to

The mapping for the Sony RDR HX1010 is

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)