in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-16-2009 1:19 PM by danezro. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2009 6:39 AM

Beocom 5

Just orderd 2x Beocom 5 and 2x Table/Wall Charger,  expected next week sometime,  OMG i cant wait i need to pee 

• 11-07-2009 6:56 AM In reply to

Re: Beocom 5

And the new Beoline I hope!

• 11-07-2009 7:17 AM In reply to

Im very intrested in the new BeoCom 5 and I own currently a BeoCom 6000 mk1 and Im really puzzled by this "Beoline". What does it do? I need it to make BeoCom 5 work right? Isnt there a base in BeoCom 5 for normal use in a normal phonejack?....

Love the look of BeoCom 5 but is abit put of by the idea of another "box".....

MoglesMac

Sweden

• 11-08-2009 6:54 AM In reply to

At present, your Beoline is built into the base of yor Beocom 6000. This unfortunately is not able to work with a Beocom 5. The newer Beocom 6000s use a separate box which attaches to the phone line and can be hidden away. You still have the charger base but this does not have the line in it so is much easier to put wherever you want.

The Beocom 5 will work with the newer Beoline made for the Beocom 6000 but only in one line mode. The new Beoline 2 box will allow two line use as long as it is used with only Beocom 5s.

• 11-08-2009 8:27 AM In reply to

are you sure?

My dealer told me that the old beocom 6000 base will work with the beocom 5.

Of course with limited functions.

• 11-08-2009 8:38 AM In reply to

Compatibility table!

• 11-08-2009 9:19 AM In reply to

SurpriseSurprise

It was to good to be trueAngry

Thanks Peter.

• 11-08-2009 12:57 PM In reply to

Thanx Peter for explanation, I guess i can "live" with another box (beoline 2) hehe coz I really like the look of BeoCom 5

MoglesMac

Sweden

• 11-09-2009 4:59 AM In reply to

I was about to buy the BeoCom 5, but now I'm havong doubts, because it seems it doesn't allow the connection of Earset 1 kits.

I don't know why, because B&O changed all BeoComs to make them work with this kit, and now that they create a complete new phone, it is not even compatible with the Earset 1!!I can't imagine myself gardening & talking for an hour with a speaker phone that I would need to carry with me all the time, instead of simply putting on the earset kit..Sad

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-09-2009 1:50 PM In reply to

Peter

I have been informed by the dealer supplying that it is compatiable with my existing BeoLine PSTN the flat black square one.

Failing that its not compatible I would expect a full refund or something to be sorted out. £600 on 2 cordless phones without a base in this recession and hard times is not easly sniffed at.

• 11-09-2009 5:42 PM In reply to

It will work but only in one line mode. There is a way to have two lines coming in, both working with the Beocom 5 and also having 6000 and 2s on line, but you need a new Beoline in addition to the PSTN base.

• 11-09-2009 5:51 PM In reply to

Too much messing about for me. I just want to buy a phone that works! Is the BeoCom 5 really worth a second look?

• 11-12-2009 3:46 PM In reply to

My dealer told me again that the beocom 6000 piramid base works well with the beocom 5.

Only one line available.

• 11-12-2009 5:46 PM In reply to

It may do but the table is from B&O. I can think of no reason why it shouldn't have some function though.

• 11-13-2009 10:22 AM In reply to

I thought about this and realised that the 2 phones (BeoCom 600 and Beocom 5) serve different purposes, I do conference calls so could not be without the headset and mute facility (so I can walk around getting on with stuff!!), the BeoCom 5 will be used more as a desk / bedroom phone that happens to not be cordless - I have a BeoCom 5 on order and can't wait to get it.

I can’t remember any expectation that you could use a headset with the BeoCom 2, and anyway it is the kind of phone you want to hold, the Beocom 2 will still take the prime position in my home whereas the BeoCom 5 will be relegated to my bedroom.

• 11-15-2009 1:52 PM In reply to

Hasn't the Beocom 5 been delayed till the new year apart from 'sample' ones for dealers?

Maybe pre-orderes have used all the stocks up?

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 11-15-2009 2:18 PM In reply to

Large48:

Hasn't the Beocom 5 been delayed till the new year apart from 'sample' ones for dealers?

Maybe pre-orderes have used all the stocks up?

Not in the US. Can't speak for ROW.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-16-2009 1:19 PM In reply to

I've got one on pre-order and haven't heard anything about a delay, my dealership's customer service is second to none so I'm sure they would have contacted my if it wasn't going to arrive when promised (2nd week in December).

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)