in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-08-2009 8:51 AM by Søren Hammer. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2009 8:37 AM

B & O Bogram 4002

Hi To all members of this fantastic website, I only recently discovered Beoworld although I have been a B&O owner for the past 40 years having had a number of different systems in this time.

This is my first post so please bear with me re the technical terminology etc.

Approximately six months ago I bought a second hand Beogram 4002 deck, it has worked fine until today when it develop’t the following fault;

When powered up the red light on the front lights, I place an LP on the turntable and press the start button the deck starts turning but the arm does not move, when I take my finger of the start button the deck stops spinning.

As this is a superb example with no marks or scratches on it anywhere I would like to have it working perfectly

Can anyone suggest what this fault is? And if it’s a DIY job or requires professional attention.

I live in Retford North Nottinghamshire, if it requires professional repair could you sagest a reasonably local repairer.

Many thanks

Tim.

Filed under:
  • 11-06-2009 4:51 AM In reply to

Re: B & O Bogram 4002

Hi Tim,

as a first thing, I'd check if the arm servo motor is running at all when the Beogram attempts to start. If I'm not confusing model versions (again), the arm carriage should manage to move a little to open a switch before the system remains on by itself. You may have a broken or tired belt, or the tiny pulley on the servo motor has come loose.

If it isn't this easy, it's probably an electronic fault and will require experience to trace and fix. If you've never done any electronics work yourself before, I suggest you take it to an expert - I wouldn't expect it to be a challenge to get working again.

-mika

• 11-08-2009 8:51 AM In reply to

Re: B & O Bogram 4002

Hello Tim

Welcome to Beoworld! Smile The Beogram 4002 is sure one of the best B&O turntables, but they are slowly aging, and are therefore in need of sevice sooner or later.

The problem you describe sounds like you are pressing the "33" button. This function is included to clean records, but it doesn't make sense that the arm won't move... Unsure

Does the servo that moves the arm run? When I power up my 4002, the servo runs at full speed to move the arm the the platter. Can you hear the servo run?

As Tournedos says, I would also guess that there is an electrical failure somewhere, I can't help you further, as I hasn't opened it yet...  Indifferent

Best regards, Søren Hammer

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)