in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-04-2009 8:34 PM by 9 LEE. 77 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (78 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2009 7:49 PM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

BEOWORLD UK MEET - 2010

Locked Contact

Hello All !!

Last year we spoke about a UK meet for BeoWorlders, mentioning meeting at LifeStyle AV as a venue.  The vast majority of people intimated that they would prefer London as the venue as flights and accomodation were plentiful, plus it could be turned into a 'London Tour' as well.

As ever, i listened - and the point was taken.  So, the job was to find a venue fitting for people that prefer only the best... Difficult.   Ideally, we need to meet up in the evening, be near a restaurant or bars in a nice part of town - again, difficult as we will need to meet in one large place..

So.. what about if i could secure a venue in the heart of Kensington recently frequented by Princes William and Harry, Take That, Johnny Depp, Elton John, Kanye West, Maria Sharapova, Natalie Imbruglia, countless sports stars and actors/actresses?  Then if i told you it was on the roof of a building, and had won 'London Club of the Year' - would this be interesting?

Well, cutting to the chase - i can secure it for BeoWorld.. FREE OF CHARGE if we get at least 100 people together.  A friend of mine is the venue manager and can reserve us a private marquee on the rooftops of London at the Kensington Roof Gardens - which has to be the most stunning venue in town.

We are looking at February or March, and a truly fabulous night could be had by all with music and dancing there if you want it, or the privacy and silence of the marquee or the gardens if you prefer some peace and quiet!

Have a look by clicking on the link above to see just how stunning the Roof Gardens are, and as an extra bonus - admission and a complimentary cocktail on arrival will be yours - for nothing!  Just get on the BeoWorld Guest List and you're there!  This is a Private Members Club by the way, and is not a regular 'nightclub'. It really is something very special, which is why stars from around the world feel comfortable there.

I've really pulled a rabbit out of the hat on this one people - so don't let me down.  I'm going to create a poll, and if i don't get at least 150 members clicking to say they'll come - i'm afraid i won't pursue it.  You asked for London, i've given you it - and i've got the best venue. Don't waste the chance!  

Personally, having been there a few times - i'm excited already!  Once again - here is the LINK to the site.  You can also dine in the award winning restaurant below - but book your table well in advance!

I look forward to the deluge of interest!!

Up for a meet at the finest London Venue?

• YES - count me in as a DEFINITE !! (34.8%)
    • I'm interested but need to confirm... (63%)
    • No, sorry - I can't make London. (2.2%)
    • Total Votes: 46
    • Voting Ended: 12/04/2009

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-05-2009 2:41 AM In reply to

Re: BEOWORLD UK MEET - 2010

Locked Contact

I'm already excited. I just hope it won't interfere with my planned trip to Sicily.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-05-2009 3:03 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

I've been there for a PR thing and it was a stunning venue - they've refurbished since I visited, too. Definitely worth a visit.

• 11-05-2009 4:03 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Locked Contact

I used to live near the Gardens, and loved to take visitors there. They're known as the best kept secret in London, and well worth a visit. I've selected "interested" rather than "definite" simply because it  will be a busy time for me, so my attendence will depend on the date which is selected.

I'll be there if I can!

Mark

• 11-05-2009 5:13 AM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Locked Contact

That would be fantastic, and I would positively love to be there. Unfortunately I'm on paternal leave then (yes, there is such a thing in Sweden Wink). So I seriously doubt that I would make it. Also, mid-march I'll be on a ski trip with the family.

I probably should talk to SWMBO...

• 11-05-2009 5:33 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Looks amazing! Have to work out if I can make it or not... fingers crossed as I would love to make it!

• 11-05-2009 7:31 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Lee what can I say Drinks

As I said above count me in I'M DEFINITE, whatever it happens I would come for sure Smile

And I hope rest of Wed@ peeps are coming as well Smile

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 11-05-2009 8:37 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Count me in too I'm a definite. Sounds great - well done Lee. 

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 11-05-2009 8:48 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I'm a maybe, depends on it crashing with a planned trip which is february-march. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-05-2009 8:59 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Come on Andreas ! I count on you Smile

I'm starting to prepare menu food-drink .... from today Smile

Steve, see you than there ... I already booked place with my friend who lives in London Smile

I don't accept any apologies or excuse from Wed@threaders .... Angry

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 11-05-2009 9:11 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Need I say what I voted!

PS.  I wish someone would fix the party Smiley, or at least tell us why it don't work!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-05-2009 9:14 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Jandyt:

Need I say what I voted!

PS.  I wish someone would fix the party Smiley, or at least tell us why it don't work!

Andy T.

Smile

I wonder the same Smile

See you at the rooftops Smile

• 11-05-2009 1:20 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

It is a fantastic idea. It will for me dependent on the date , but if it suits me...count me in!

-Dimitris

• 11-05-2009 1:56 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Yes from me if I can tie the exact date in with another London visit!

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-05-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

looks superb location, been to many in london but not there so hoping it works out.

looking on the voting end date can we have in english as its a uk meet lol

12/04/2009 not american

• 11-05-2009 3:43 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

ohh Kensington Roof Gardens I think I can fit in thereDrinksWink

Maybe I can get Hebo to join meStick out tongue

• 11-05-2009 4:11 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

I selected #2...

Heck, I don't even know what I am doing tonight?!?! Confused

But... there will be Scotch involved! Big Smile

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-05-2009 4:27 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

So far 6 definites, and 23 maybes.

Early days, but not nearly enough people yet. If we don't get enough interest, this can't go ahead - sorry Sad

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-05-2009 4:49 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

9 LEE:

So far 6 definites, and 23 maybes.

Early days, but not nearly enough people yet. If we don't get enough interest, this can't go ahead - sorry Sad

Lee

I would guess that a lot of people would like to come as a couple/ bring friends etc.  So at least double the definites/maybe's???

Picking a precise date and asking for formal reservations will crystalize thinking!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-05-2009 6:08 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Lee,

Excellent idea, and within walking distance! Please count us in for two!

Great choice of location. Smile

Eric

September 2009 1st prize winner.... 

• 11-06-2009 6:42 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Come on guys and gals treat your spouse/partner to a weekend in London. This is a really good one and as Lee says he really has pulled off a great one here. He must be staring at the screen in despair having answered peoples requests for a London venue and then coming up with a corker like this only to have low feedback.

What is it? The date? Lets say the first weekend in March and move it to suit the majority (and the venue).

Now, admittedly it's easy for me as it's not too far so I have compiled the following to assist.

Suggestion for wallet friendly accommodation....

Hotels

Another group of budget hotels here

If you want more luxury it's best to Google.

Examples for return flights on Friday 5th March returning Sunday 7th March with hand luggage only:

Easyjet will get you from Newcastle to London Stansted and back again for £35 each

Easyjet will get you from Paris CDG to London Luton and back again for 43 EUROS each

Ryanair will get you from Barcelona to London Stansted and back for 30 Euros

Make sure you get rid of all the automatic add-ons when checking for flights with these budget airlines.

SteveSmile

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 11-06-2009 7:55 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I'm agree with you Steve !

It si really odd, from almost 500 views only 27 votes Huh?

And it is true, you never know what you will be doing in couple of months, but if you setup priorities, and this is priority for me, you will be able to organize your life around ...

I respect what Lee is done for us by organizing this great event, and I think at least 200 people can come for day or two ...

I live in country that needs visa for UK, and getting visa is lottery for us, and it cost 50 euro, so I'm not sure, but I vote for DEFINITE because I will try and I will get it :)

And because I appreciate Lee's effort Smile

So guys, don't be shy ... we can organize some girls there as well Wink

As I said above I don't take NO for an answer from Wendsdaythreeter !

Lee if you need some help in organization or whatever I'm here and ready to help !

• 11-06-2009 8:20 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

It sounds like a great idea and I love the venue !!

Don't know if I can get away in march though, bit of a busy time for me and my wife, but will surely try to make it if the date works out.Smile

• 11-06-2009 9:08 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

beocool:

I'm already excited. I just hope it won't interfere with my planned trip to Sicily.

I just had a talk with the people I will be spending my holiday with on Sicily. The Beoworld UK meet 2010 has now priority. Big Smile So please change my maybe vote into a definite yes!!! Big Smile I appreciate this enormously and hope to meet all of you there too !!! Yes -  thumbs up

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-06-2009 9:52 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Frankly we need a date. For example the 3-10/3 i have to be in a Congress in Dubai. Offers from airline companies like AEGEAN can be found, but i have to plan it. So the quicker we decide a date, the better for all of us!

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 4 (78 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >