in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-05-2009 3:15 PM by solderon29. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-04-2009 10:08 AM

• Ian
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Bilston/wolverhampton/walsall
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

IS THERE NO-ONE TO HELP ? Screen problem on LX6000

Hi all,

Am new on here and looking to see if there is someone kind enough to help and advise me.

I have an LX6000 in piano black,  everything has been fine until the other day i was watching the TV and suddenly the picture went all distorted and started to roll. At first i thought there was a problem with the aerial but have gone and checked, that is fine.

Have also tried to play a dvd,  but the picture is still distorted and rolling, have tried switching the tv on and off but no joy, have kept trying for a few days but nothing has changed the sound is still perfect its just the picture:(

Is there anyone that could help as I'm desperate now to get my TV working again, does anyone know of a reasonable tv repairer nr my location that are able to  repair  B&O equipment?

Have put a picture on , but it has come out quite big and not sure how to resize it, sorry

Regards

Ian 

Filed under:
  • 11-04-2009 4:31 PM In reply to

Re: IS THERE NO-ONE TO HELP ? Screen problem on LX6000

Hi:

To be honest, it is most likely that it will be too expensive to repair your TV unless it is a very simple repair. Your best bet is to scour eBay for a replacement television of the same model. You can probably pick these up for about £50 or less. Obviously as these sets are quite old you are most likely to be faced with a simillar problem further down the line.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Graham

• 11-05-2009 4:52 AM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

If you have a picture, your Flyback Transformer is probably OK, but its associated components - HOT, capacitors need to be checked.

A dedicated TV repair shop should be able to trace the problem - there is no black magic to B&O TV's.

Good luck.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 11-05-2009 12:56 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-04-2009
    • Bilston/wolverhampton/walsall
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thankyou for the reply, I hope its nothing major as its a great tv, I know its old but has been well looked after. As I said to Graham there's not a mark on it and would be a shame. I hate to say it, just throw it away the sound is still perfect no speaker rot or anything, just as you see in the pic it keeps rolling.

Thanks guys ;)

• 11-05-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

Did you get my e.mail Ian? I can sort this problem for you,or I could be interested in buying the set if you do decide to scrap it!

Regards,

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)