in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-04-2009 8:30 AM by SwedishBeoFan. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2009 5:50 PM

Another UK B&O Product Launch???[ BV10 AGAIN - AND MORE: SEE LATER POSTS]

Product launch tomorrow (3rd) according to Electricpig

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-02-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

Re: Another UK B&O Product Launch???

Nothing you don't know about! But your intrepid Beoworld reporters will be there!

• 11-02-2009 6:05 PM In reply to

Peter :

Nothing you don't know about! But your intrepid Beoworld reporters will be there!

Hope it's on a proper wall/ screen this time!Whistle

• 11-02-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

From what I have heard, you will need a surveyor and a crane if you buy this. Oh and very DEEEP pockets. Its a biggy!!!

• 11-02-2009 7:18 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Spill it!

Wasn't the next release supposed to be in the states?

Evan

• 11-02-2009 7:23 PM In reply to

BV 7-55 maybe?

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-03-2009 7:29 AM In reply to

Any News???

• 11-03-2009 12:23 PM In reply to

Looks like the UK BV10 launch according to Electricpig2.

B&O Liverpool advised me that it would be another wide product range display.

Have to say that the BV10 background/support is only a marginal improvement on the Copenhagen launch judging by these photographs.

Graham

• 11-03-2009 12:31 PM In reply to

BV10 - lovely set - excellent picture and the sound was fine despite being in a huge room. I will report properly on the sound in a normal room when mine arrives in a couple of weeks.This will be a huge seller - same price as an Avant and same visual footprint but only 6 cms thick.

BV4-103 - this is big. REALLY BIG !! Spectacular set and hydraulic ram to lift it up. If you have to ask the price, you cannot afford it!

BV7-55 - lovely set and the latest backlit LED screen - I am sure the 7-40 will adapt this technology. I am not a fan of the BV7 looks but this will be the audiophile choice.

BeoTime and BeoCom 5 also there of course and a very well presented meeting with both the UK MD and the CEO being there and very chatty. I think B&O is in good hands and have every confidence in the direction that they plan to go in.

• 11-03-2009 12:37 PM In reply to

Having been there, it was beautifully presented and in the Audi Quattro rooms in London. Pictures taken on camera phones should be discounted! It was mounted both on a floorstand and a free standing wall - not sure how else you could do it!

• 11-03-2009 12:43 PM In reply to

Peter :

Having been there, it was beautifully presented and in the Audi Quattro rooms in London. Pictures taken on camera phones should be discounted! It was mounted both on a floorstand and a free standing wall - not sure how else you could do it!

Peter,

I had assumed that the photo's linked above were from an officially sanctioned source/ reporter. From an aesthetic viewpoint the BV10 looks very different when mounted on a relatively narrow display panel from how it appears on a complete wall as in the official brochure.

Graham

• 11-03-2009 12:58 PM In reply to

How was the BV7-55 presented? Was it on the floorstand or wallmounted? With witch speakers? 

What did you think of the proportions? Compeared to the 7-40?

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

• 11-03-2009 5:21 PM In reply to

The BV10 was on the small wall but the curtain behind acted as a supplementary wall, though this is less obvious in the pictures - not ideal I agree but satisfactory to get a good impression.

The proportions of the 7-55 were very similar to the 7-40 - just magnified! The depth of the screen is unchanged and it was on a floor mount with the 7.6 speaker.

• 11-04-2009 8:30 AM In reply to

Thanks Peter! Can´t wait to see it, it sounds greatSmile

Newbie! So far: BeoVision 7 40´ Mark V Blu-ray, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 9, BeoSound 5,  Beo4, Beo5,  BeoCom 2, BeoTime and A8 Earphones

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)