in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-14-2009 4:18 AM by ASud. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2009 5:13 PM

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Incorrect albumn and sound layour

Hi,

I have just got a Beosound 5 installed today, after getting getting my internet router finally working... I have updated with latest software release. I have then ripped over 20CD's onto the "Music" directory (via lossless media player). However on the head unit the sounds, album covers, artists, etc.. are incorrectly indexed  i.e then are individual  sounds under various and I have noticed an empty Various artists directory created under root. Not sure if this is related.

What have I done wrong?  I noticed in the forumn there is a sync but as all the files (under music directory) are grouped by artist? If I need to do this how shall do this?

Apologies if this has been asked but but as a proud owner of a new B&O system I thought I would ask the experts...

Thanks,

Arvind

• 11-01-2009 8:04 PM In reply to

Re: Incorrect albumn and sound layour

ASud:
    I have noticed an empty Various artists directory

I think someone recently found things under "Unknown"

Let me look for you ...

See if this thread helps you Unknown

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-02-2009 10:12 AM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Thanks - the thread does not really help.  What would really useful is where the music files should be located to make sure they appear properly. I was told everything in /Music and then order by Artist - is that correct?

Would welcome feedback from your investigation.

• 11-02-2009 9:26 PM In reply to

Asud,

With all due respect your kinda vague - it is very difficult to imagine exactly what you have done and what the ultimate output it is that you are recieving in terms of music structure, tags, pictures etc... that you do not like.

I have assumed that you have ripped 20 CD's in your PC and transferred them to the BM5 "Music" directory?

If that is so, then start up Beoplayer in your PC and connect a "link" from your PC to the BM5. You may have to double click the B&O icon in the sys tray...connect to Beosound 5. It should turn from black to red.

Do a scan (N.Music / Setup / Scan Options / select BM5 drive + select Editing PC drive).

Once the scan is complete, the Lefthand side of your PC, Beoplayer should pull all the music files together. You should have a combined symbol of a black circle over a white outlined rectangle. This shows both the files on the PC and the BM5 are syncronised.

If you like what you see here, the BS5 should look OK.

Next, check the BS5. Has is sorted albums/titles/artists/covers the way you like?

If not, I suggest you go into Windows Media Player 10 or 11 (I assume you have this - not itunes) and edit all the tags as you see fit. I find simplifying the structure works best for me (I'll send some screen shots later tonight).

Hope that works.

10%

• 11-03-2009 5:11 PM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

I burnt the CD's directly into the /Music directory on the Beo system I used the rip function on Windows Media player. So what you are saying is repeat the exercise but burn to the computer hard disk and then let the Beoplayer scan and copy the files to the /Music directory?

Is there no way to burn directly to the Music directly onto the Beo system in order to show correctly both from an Albumn and cover art perspective. Happy to undertake the other way if that is what works!

• 11-04-2009 4:09 AM In reply to

Asud,

Simply arrange your music the way you wish in your editing PC (in terms of file structure).  I would suggest you use WMP10 or 11 to edit the tags as you see fit.

Once all is OK, simply scan using Beoplayer.

Transfer the files to the BM5 "Music" directory and scan again. (something in the Beoplayer scanning generates a hidden/system file which stores the "look" (tags) in either the BM5 or Beoplayer.) I dont know where this is but it works.

There is no need to re-rip your discs. All the music dat is there - it just needs to be organised to how you like it.

10%

• 11-04-2009 8:12 PM In reply to

similarly, if your original "rip" was done using iTunes you can edit the meta-data that way ...

or even use a meta-data editor, this wikipedia article mentions a few .. I have palyed around with some that were freeware on the Tucows download site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_editor

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-08-2009 5:02 AM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice. Still have the same problem - I have followed your instructions. However I get the right layout and cover art when I use the PC rip function on the Beoplayer and burn directly on the Beomaster 5??? I have uipdated software, etc...

• 11-08-2009 10:16 AM In reply to

Asud,

I may have mis-interpreted you reply but you seem have missed the process:-

Rip everything to WMP10 or 11 if you are a windows user (I cant help if you are using a Mac/iTunes).

Edit tags as you see fit. Scan your editing PC with WMP scan (forgot to mention this).

Close WMP and open Beoplayer. Scan all.

Connect the BM5 drive to your editing PC laptop (wifi or LAN cable) and transfer the files to the "Music" directory.

That should be it...really!!

• 11-08-2009 3:19 PM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the clarification, it looks my files metadata hs got very confused - tracks gave moved and no art work! I have now cleaned it up.

Just want to to confirm - when you scan on WMP- where is that? I assume you mean apply media changes - under tools? I cannot find scan option.

Also on the transfer I assume you mean copy and paste betwwen Windows directories...

Apologies if these are stupid questions. I just to check before I have a go! Makes sense to me - fingers crossed it works!

Thanks,

• 11-14-2009 3:59 AM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I have update the file structure on WMP 11 on my shared drive (including the cover art), however the albumn cover still do not appear on the Beomaster 5. I have tried a scan, etc.. but no difference. On WMP the files at the correct locaton.

I get the impression I need to register the files but I thought done this? Have I missed anything?

Thanks,

• 11-14-2009 4:18 AM In reply to

• ASud
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-01-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Sorry what I forgot to mention, in Beoplayer under the folder view (N music) the albumn is correctly displayed with art work but when I switch to Albumn view the covert art/songs are not shown? I suspect this is the problem....

Thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)