in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2009 9:27 AM by jprombout. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-01-2009 5:35 AM

How to turn my built in speakers in the MX6000 off when connected a pair of passive Beovox 5000 panelspeakers to the tv

How to turn my built in speakers in the MX6000 off when connected a pair of passive Beovox 5000 panelspeakers to the tv?

anyone got an idea?, found nothing in the tv's menu..

I just want to hear the sound from the beovox 5000's not the speakers in the tv, now I hear both of them but the built in speakers are a bit louder so I don't really hear my beovox's..

• 11-01-2009 6:00 AM In reply to

Re: How to turn my built in speakers in the MX6000 off when connected a pair of passive Beovox 5000 panelspeakers to the tv

No easy way, sorry. They are connected straight in parallel, with no passive nor active switching between them.

You could open up the TV and unplug the connectors of the internal speakers from the audio amplifier, but that is something you should leave to someone familiar with working inside TV sets, it's potentially lethal in there.

Welcome to the forums anyway Smile

-mika

• 11-01-2009 6:30 AM In reply to

Re: How to turn my built in speakers in the MX6000 off when connected a pair of passive Beovox 5000 panelspeakers to the tv

Thanks for the reply!

Well I think I'm going to buy one of those external amps mcpl2 or something?, and then I can connect the speakers to the powerlinks at rear..

• 11-01-2009 6:48 AM In reply to

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Just tested it with my MX6000: Usually, the internal speakers are activated. To switch to the external, I have to press 'sound' and then 3 times 'mute', after that you toggle between internal and external, using 'mute'. Btw: I tried with Beolink 5000 and 1000. If your speakers are playing on internal and external at the same time, the output is modified and cannot be switched this way.

• 11-01-2009 7:02 AM In reply to

I've never tried that myself but it should work - you should then also be able to adjust the balance between internal and external speakers instead of just muting the internals completely. The 5000s are obviously a lot better speakers, but I believe the soundstage might feel a bit odd with nothing coming from the TV itself especially if you rotate the TV.

-mika

• 11-01-2009 7:20 AM In reply to

I just tried it, but it didn't work...

Yes I just want to hear the sound of the beovox's clearly cause I just bought them 2 hours ago:)

• 11-01-2009 7:21 AM In reply to

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Good luck! But it is not possible to balance between int. and ext. because there is a relay. It can switch only.

• 11-01-2009 7:30 AM In reply to

But how can I switch?

with mute didn't work..

• 11-01-2009 7:43 AM In reply to

ProGram:

Good luck! But it is not possible to balance between int. and ext. because there is a relay. It can switch only.

This must be some early version of MX6000 then? Because in my -IT-Beo4 version (nor in the service manuals on site) there are definitely no relays. Just straight wiring.

The balance setting is described in the user manual but I can't test it, having nothing to connect to the Powerlink terminals. It obviously works only between the PL and regular speakers.

-mika

• 11-01-2009 8:56 AM In reply to

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

tournedos:

ProGram:

This must be some early version of MX6000 then? Because in my -IT-Beo4 version (nor in the service manuals on site) there are definitely no relays. Just straight wiring.

The balance setting is described in the user manual but I can't test it, having nothing to connect to the Powerlink terminals. It obviously works only between the PL and regular speakers.

Ah, I see. So I'm one of those who has a tv with two way remote. And I have no Beo4. My MX6000 has on-screen-display ( and a relay, which can be heard). Another try: what happens, when you plug in a headphone?

• 11-01-2009 9:17 AM In reply to

OK, perhaps the feature went away with two-way remote (which is funny, since the two-way IR hardware is still there). Darn, I have a 2-way LX6000 I could try, but it is stored in an unaccessible place right now...

Inserting a headphone mutes both internal & external speakers. PL speakers ought to go on playing, since it's just a mechanical switch inline with the passive speaker outputs, the rest of the TV knows nothing about it.

-mika

• 11-01-2009 9:27 AM In reply to

Yeah you're right, when I plug in Headphones everything mutes, included the beovox's

guess the only option is to buy a separate amp.. and conect them to the powerlink sockets..

I'm going to buy an avant 28 dvd anyways.. so I have to buy a separate amp,,

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)