in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-11-2009 3:15 PM by wirralsimon. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2009 9:49 AM

Small beoprize ( will be sent via Lee ) if anyone can tell me where this is......before Monday.

As I've just worked out how to upload images....

Competition :

Where are these TV's ........and what are they for ? 

Beoprize for first correct post.

So - two answers needed...where they are, and what do they do whilst there ???

(mods - I assume this is OK - just for fun)

David.

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 10-29-2009 10:18 AM In reply to

Re: Small beoprize ( will be sent via Lee ) if anyone can tell me where this is......before Monday.

In the Picture House showing Archived footage from gigs next door?

Simon

• 10-29-2009 10:46 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: Small beoprize ( will be sent via Lee ) if anyone can tell me where this is......before Monday.

.........where they are, and what do they do whilst there ???

Answers:-

1. Affixed to a wall &

2. Display TV or other visual media.

How can I be wrong?

• 10-29-2009 10:57 AM In reply to

A dance studio... to show choreography DVDs...

• 10-29-2009 11:12 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

kokomo:

.........where they are, and what do they do whilst there ???

Answers:-

1. Affixed to a wall &

2. Display TV or other visual media.

How can I be wrong?

Excellent Big Smile

• 10-29-2009 11:21 AM In reply to

The TV in the middle is the only one working and covering a hole in the wall... The other two are not connected and just covering holes in the wall...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-29-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

At a Jazz Club, and they're there so that the acts backstage can watch watch going on on-stage?

Total guess - but if you blow up the image then squint really hard, it looks like the screen says "jazzmovie" or "jazzgroove" or something similar on it?

Just Googled 'Jazz Club Manchester' - and got Matt & Phreds.. so that's my venue. This is fun being on the receiving end of a competition - thanks guys!

Yes -  thumbs up

Lee

PS - My second guess is that it's Jeff Goldblums house and this is his special TV room for when he turns into 'The Fly'. Laughing

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-29-2009 1:10 PM In reply to

1.) The Venue night club, Manchester UK

2.) VIP room... Watching the gigs in the club!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-29-2009 2:58 PM In reply to

• ridax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

1.  Band on the Wall, Manchester

2.  Show old archive footage from gigs held in the adjacent venue, as well as listing information in the "picturehouse"

• 10-29-2009 3:24 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

1. Ladbrokes in Manchester.

2. Showing your horse coming home last,

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-29-2009 3:30 PM In reply to

Refurbished Band on the Wall, Swan St Manchester

Reception advertising and security

EDIT I think ridax has it! [But I may be wrong!]

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-10-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

Wirral Simon - take a bow Smile

Fast reply and pretty much 100% correct.

Along with a few other correct answers - which I have to say surprised me - but then its a good thing, as the products are there partly as PR - so if awareness of the venue is good, then it should be worthwhile.

Simon - you have email ( albeit a bit late...sorry...been busy) and will shortly have a beoprize too !!

The Band on the Wall has a rolling schedule, part funded by the Arts cCouncil,  to archive performances, many of which will be/are being screened on the BV7's in the adjacent Picturehouse - which is a fabulous space.  There is also a Beosound 4 and two pairs of Beolab 4000's - which sound amazing in the (quite large) room, which play music suitable for the genre of artist performing on any given day.

There is also an educational programme of workshops and other stuff for local schools and community groups.

The main venue is a fine place to go - excellent sound, nicely and sympathetically refurbished, and a good noght out.  Worth visiting of any beoworlders are in town.

Congratulations Simon,

Best Regards

David

• 11-11-2009 12:52 AM In reply to

• ridax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

KingStreet:

Along with a few other correct answers - which I have to say surprised me - but then its a good thing, as the products are there partly as PR - so if awareness of the venue is good, then it should be worthwhile.

Naming the picture BOTW.JPG was a mistake.  Just need to google "BOTW manchester".  Then I saw that you posted about this project on this site before, so I guess that others that has followed the site more regulary might have guessed it even easier...

• 11-11-2009 2:49 AM In reply to

ridax:

KingStreet:

Naming the picture BOTW.JPG was a mistake.  Just need to google "BOTW manchester".  Then I saw that you posted about this project on this site before, so I guess that others that has followed the site more regulary might have guessed it even easier...

ooops !! Erm

I can see that know - to be honest, I didn't pick up on the file name being visible..... although, Simon was still the first to follow the (simple) trail described by ridax, so he wins fair and square.

• 11-11-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

Congratulations Simon!

Let us all know when the BV10 arrives! GiftLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-11-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

To be honest  the significance of the name of the picture passed me by completely!

I had remembered David posting about giving three Beovsion 7s  to a music project in Manchester so when I saw three of them on a wall I just needed to sift through King Street's recent posts! Being first was just a matter of being on the forum when I should have been working Stick out tongue

Simon

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)