in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-07-2009 8:33 PM by DoubleU. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-29-2009 8:07 AM

Thinking about the Beo5 but have questions

Hi there guys. I am planning on getting the Beo5 remote but have few questions. I own a sony tv, jbl stereo player and a bose ipod docking station. CAn I program the remote for the following?

• 10-29-2009 8:59 AM In reply to

Re: Thinking about the Beo5 but have questions

Yes in theory, but note that the Beo5 does NOT come with a software that can configure it :-(

-

• 10-29-2009 8:59 AM In reply to

Yes in theory, but note that the Beo5 does NOT come with a software that can configure it :-(

- You have

• 10-29-2009 9:03 AM In reply to

But you guys could help me program it right?

• 10-29-2009 5:27 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

I bought my Beo5 (with which I control a couple of third party products, as well as some B&O gear) based solely on researching the forums here and with the advice of a couple of very generous experts who frequent these boards.

All the info is either available in past posts, and from those with experience willing to help, for you to learn how to program the Beo5 yourself.

If you're looking to control 3rd party products it will make things a bit easier if you have an IR signal capture device such as a Lintronic box. Armed with that, and the info you can glean from this site, you should be fine.

Good luck!

• 11-06-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

Matthew:

If you're looking to control 3rd party products it will make things a bit easier if you have an IR signal capture device such as a Lintronic box. Armed with that, and the info you can glean from this site, you should be fine.

Good luck!

So what would be the best option, since you have the Lintronic box anyway:

- Use the Lintronic box in your setup, wired with an ir-eye to the 3rd-party devices, so you don't really have to aim.

- Use the Lintronic box to only let it create the XML-files, to use in the Beo5 to control the 3rd-party devices directly.

My concern in the last option is, the Beo5 is not that strong anymore with another carrier frequency.

I wonder if that is the reason why a Beo4/5 is that strong in sending ir-commands, so you dont really have to aim to the device.

• 11-07-2009 3:32 AM In reply to

DoubleU:

So what would be the best option, since you have the Lintronic box anyway:

- Use the Lintronic box in your setup, wired with an ir-eye to the 3rd-party devices, so you don't really have to aim.

- Use the Lintronic box to only let it create the XML-files, to use in the Beo5 to control the 3rd-party devices directly.

My concern in the last option is, the Beo5 is not that strong anymore with another carrier frequency.

I wonder if that is the reason why a Beo4/5 is that strong in sending ir-commands, so you dont really have to aim to the device.

The Beo5 has more than one Infrared transmitting diode, three actually and provides a stronger signal strength than most other remotes.

The different carrier frequencies required by 3rd party products are set and controlled by the Beo5 firmware.

The Beo5 firmware can support carrier frequecies from 30 Khz to 80 Khz with most 3rd party products are using either 38Khz or 40 Khz

Having the Beo5 DIRECTLY control the 3rd party product is the best option.

Regards Keith....

• 11-07-2009 8:33 PM In reply to

Thanks Keith, for clearing that up.Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)